Wah Lao! Where the hell has everyone gone???

Racebred

Core Group Members
as with our last (2) attempt(s) to migrate here, suddenly everybody will post less. but the postings will come back soon enough. this time it'll be a definite switch, as the other one will be closed for posting.

so, did you manage to get your 1:18 model of your car?

Yah I know. Just wanted to 'liven' things up cos it was all quiet on the western front.

Yes thanks, managed to get the 1.18 model. Am 'enjoying' the real thing on a daily basis now. I say 'enjoying' cos not having power steering and a driving position where your heels are almost level with your bum takes quite a bit of physical effort.

But everytime you walk up to the car and it comes into view, you suddenly :)

And everytime I head towards the CTE tunnel, there is a standard drill...

1. switch stereo off.
2. switch A/C off
3. slowly wind windows down (too quick and the change in temp will fog the dials)
4. change down to lowest possible gear
5. slowdown to allow large gap from front car (invariably a taxi :shoot: )
6. REDLINE

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hahahahah!!!!! shiok right? everytime i drive the car my whole back will sweat. do you get the same thing too?

and do you have to mentally think through the gear shift coz the 1-3-5 position is swapped with 2-4-R. heheh those ppl damn bo liao.

Racebred said:
hahahahah!!!!! shiok right? everytime i drive the car my whole back will sweat. do you get the same thing too?

and do you have to mentally think through the gear shift coz the 1-3-5 position is swapped with 2-4-R. heheh those ppl damn bo liao.

I went with my wife to pick up her car from service yesterday evening. when we reached home, I got out and was drenched in sweat (driving with windows down). She looked at me and smirked... 'maschocist'

As for the dogleg first (the so called racing shift) , reason why they did this (0ld E24? 3 series cars had this feature too) was that it was easier for you to shift between 2-3-4-5 as gear 1 was deemed to never be used on the track other than starting off. But if you drive the car everyday, it becomes second nature. In fact, I jumped into someone else's manual car the other day and kept trying to move off in second gear.

Re: Wah Lao! Where the hell has everyone gone???

congrats on your new car hor! :)

:shoot: din inform me u changed! bad fren! bad fren! kekeke

welcome to d pasta club! make sure u track this car hor! kekeke :thumbsup:

BorisRS said:
:screwedu: :screwedu: :screwedu:
Finally logged into the delphi site after a few weeks absence and was redirected back here and ................

No one seems to be around?

Helo Helo!!

Mork calling all the ORSONs. Does anyone populate this forum anymore?

Ya lor, i also find it rather quiet here... :drool:

I don't think it is so much that this forum is quiet as it is things being quiet overall. Delphi has been quiet for a while, or at least quite mundane. A year plus ago there were lots of interesting discussions involving Greg, Clarence, Alan, Shawn, Kim Leng, Bryan, etc. IMHO.

But there is no doubt in my mind that this new structure here is a lot more advanced than Delphi [interaction and archiving of good info]. I am sure things will pick up sometime.

DVanos said:
congrats on your new car hor! :)

:shoot: din inform me u changed! bad fren! bad fren! kekeke

welcome to d pasta club! make sure u track this car hor! kekeke :thumbsup:

Thanks for the well wishes. Having experienced the service levels from the dealer, I will need plenty of good luck and deep pockets I suspect!!

Didnt have time to log on/ inform you la. Am finally settling down so can 'talk' on-line again.

Not sure about tracking the car though. She is 16 years young you know! Am sure the blue devil will have plenty of parts to sell me if I do track her :whattheh:

BorisRS said:
Thanks for the well wishes. Having experienced the service levels from the dealer, I will need plenty of good luck and deep pockets I suspect!!

Didnt have time to log on/ inform you la. Am finally settling down so can 'talk' on-line again.

Not sure about tracking the car though. She is 16 years young you know! Am sure the blue devil will have plenty of parts to sell me if I do track her :whattheh:

which Blue devil??

Wah 'Blue Bird'!! If you two are calling each other these pet names then I would quality as great grandad.

Am hoping that the car is not a cynical marketing excercise.

Do you have the facts on the specs?

Are there enzo brakes, acres of carbon fibre, racing differential etc?

erm no.

it's got 10bhp more, non-skyhook suspension (but stiffer and better performance non-variable shocks for track), revised aerodynamics (for 10kmh more top speed), 19" rims, ~~~same brakes~~~~ sucks, revised interior, new exhaust (will hear and compare to reigning champion Tubi), 35% quicker cambio shift compared to 4200GT, no CF panel , new 2 way LSD, taller 6th gear to take advantage of new aero, and weighs about the same.

does 1/4 mile in 12.8 (actually i dunno how fast is the 4200GT compared to this) and standing kilo in 23s.

I dont think this is equated to what the CSL, RS and Stradale is to their heavier brothers. This is simply a revised packaged 4200 coupe. You may call it a facelift, although it'll be built and sold alongside the original coupe.

i'm thinking it'll cost 20-40k more.

sounds good?

If you want to drive it and track it, I suggest you look elsewhere.

Why not get a used 4200GT and with the difference buy a track monster like what KL used to have?

Or better yet, get the silver Mk1 GT3 which Weng has demonstrated time and again is near indestructable on the track. Just need upgraded brakes (which this car already has).

coz 996 is an outgoing model. not so attractive dont u think. Gransport will be launched July 3 & 4th. Very soon....

Also it has plenty of mod options. I'm thinking that one would be able to fit in Trofeo lightweight bonnet and boot, rear wings, brakes, rims etc. all mods not official of course, but up to you to experiment and be guinea pig.

oh gransports also comes with proper buckets which are electronically adjustable, and a push start button. heheh but of course it's still a nose heavy, understeery 1680kg car.

you can work the understeer out of the car can't you? the mass of course will still be there but at least the characterstics will be better

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
for88kim

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back