Upgrade of brake system

Racebred

Core Group Members
Best and most desirable brake kit out there is the AP 6 pot for e46. However they cost like 5.8k for the front.

then there is also the Brembo 4 pot (4.5k) and UUC big brake kit (price i dunno). There are also other brands like Tarox, WP Pro etc out there. The cheaper brands let you have 6 or 8 pots for the price of a branded 4 pot like Brembo or AP. These may or may not be race-proven.

Incidently, I have been backside itchy trying to sell my brembo 4 pot to get the AP. i'm asking for 3k neg. interested? u can refer to my post in Bazaar folder.

If u can bring yr price down to ard 2k, then maybe we can further discuss on yr used brembo.Btw thanks for yr informations. :wavey:

UUC 4 pot BBK Brand new is S$3185.......hehehe :dance:

1092219746795.jpg

1092219746785.jpg

Let me know if you want 1.......$2k can't get you new BBK, only used.... :roll:

Cheers

'The Great White'

Re: Upgrade of brake system

fatcarbone said:
Hi to all brudders,wld like to seek yr expertise view regarding upgrading of brake system.I wld like to upgrade my stock brake (pre fl E46 318) to a bigger rotor wif a 2/4 pot caliper - budget of 2k. Any recommendations of brands/types of brake kit?Thanks. :wavey:

With a budget of 2k, u r more likely to get the 328i brakes...

That would have given u a lot of decent braking power with the increase in rotor size but definitely not 2/4 pot....

Re: Upgrade of brake system

fatcarbone said:
Hi to all brudders,wld like to seek yr expertise view regarding upgrading of brake system.I wld like to upgrade my stock brake (pre fl E46 318) to a bigger rotor wif a 2/4 pot caliper - budget of 2k. Any recommendations of brands/types of brake kit?Thanks. :wavey:

May I ask WHY are you upgrading to BBK? Izit you feel the stock brakes are not providing enough braking performance; btw, stock brakes already very effective, or you track and need the performance of a BBK? Or, are your objectives more for the "looking cool" effect? If you can let us know the objectives, we may be able to point you to the more appropriate options and solutions.

:)

do let us know if you need help with 328 brakes. u will need to change rotors, pads, caliper, caliper holder, dust cover.

Bro, 328 brakes no need to change caliper and dust cover..

Only the caliper carrier and rotor only, the rest all the same, unlike 330 brakes, where everything goes..

Well my objective is to have bigger rotors to fillup empty
spaces cos I'm running 19' rims.
Hence its more for looks than performance.
Thanks for yr advice. :wavey:

Wa.... Spend 2k to fill up gap...

Anyway then BBK can only solve 1/2 of your problem since the price quoted by Wilman and Racebred is only for the front.... and ur rear will be quite comical with the front on BBK..

then the most agressive looking BBK, with "aggressive" pricing, will be the WP Pro. Big and look good, and considered cheap. Look for BVO.

BVO quote >3.5k for 6 pot but I don't
need a 6pot for looks.Its too ex.
Guess I'll just settle for drilled/slotted
rotors,keep the std calipers & still hv
3/4 of my budget$$ in my pockets!! :wavey:

BVO quote >3.5k for 6 pot but I don't
need a 6pot for looks.Its too ex.
Guess I'll just settle for drilled/slotted
rotors,keep the std calipers & still hv
3/4 of my budget$$ in my pockets!! :wavey:

changing of rotors may let it perform better, improve the looks, but cannot fill up the "gap". take a look at some of the people who have done that during our meetups to decide for yourself if you like it, coz diff ppl like diff things.

Racebred said:
Best and most desirable brake kit out there is the AP 6 pot for e46. However they cost like 5.8k for the front.

That's way too expensive for even an AP. Should be max $5k. It cost about GBP1,400 for a kit right? Shipping via air is about $400 the last time I enquired. Labour to install does not cost > $200. It's quite straight forward.

Let me know if you need help to bring it in...

But honestly, 6 pot for anything less than an M3 is way overkill :) 4 pot serves the job well enough even on the track...

Clubhead Dude

May I ask if you have anything suitable for a Mercedes Benz EClass?

I know that I can install AMG brakes and Brembo brakes. To my surprise, I think the Brembo brakes are more expensive than the AMG brakes.

raver, 5.8k is the amount quoted by 2 workshops in singapore. I guess bringing it in yourself is still the best then. If it's 5k then it's def more enticing.

now.... anybody interested in a 6 mth old brembo 4 pot?

If you just want looks rather than performance, then you could possibly find the largest possible brake discs then machine lathe a bracket which would allow you to use your stock calipers with the new discs... don't really know how well they will work but its been done before...

This alternative sounds interesting but wondered
how much does it cost for the whole process?
And may I know which workshop lathe brake
caliper? :wavey:

fatcarbone said:
This alternative sounds interesting but wondered
how much does it cost for the whole process?
And may I know which workshop lathe brake
caliper? :wavey:

The main cost component in this case would be the price of your brake disc. The larger they are, the more they will cost. Any good local machine shop would be able to lathe the caliper bracket for less than $200. Would cost more if you wanted to lathe it in aluminium...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb888wiki

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back