tilting of the mirror when in reverse mode

ryan

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Lactoseman said:
sorry just wondering if all e46 have that function cos my pre fl 318i side mirror does not work n tilt down when in reverse mode.
thanks verysad
Not all E46 have.
My Pre-FL E46 1998 model does not even have the folding mirror function.

Re: tilting of the mirror when in reverse mode

Lactoseman said:
sorry just wondering if all e46 have that function cos my pre fl 318i side mirror does not work n tilt down when in reverse mode.

It depends if your cars comes fitted with this option. From what I know, pre-Fl E46 (sedan, at least) uses 3 wires to power the mirrors, whereas the FL sedans uses like 7 or more wires. The extra wiring is to control things like memory, reverse tilt, heating etc.

Ryan, can we shift this thread to Mod heading instead of Bazaar? Many tx.

T6 said:
Ryan, can we shift this thread to Mod heading instead of Bazaar? Many tx.
Oh okay!

Thanks for letting me know. *blur*

Any of you know if the M3 mirrors controls are deactivated at highway speeds?

coz this morning after i got onto the highway i realised the mirrors are a little out, and i tried to adjust, but somehow cannot. then i tried to fold the mirrors also cannot. But when I parked my car, the controls came back to life again. My m3 mirorrs going cranky?

morning!

Are the angle of tilting for the Reverse Kurb Viewer adjustable?
For me, it is tilting too much that I can't see if my backside is knocking into anything behind me, except that the wheels are not knocking into the kurb on the floor.

The guy at PML tells me NO. I just want to make sure he is not 'smoking' me. :roll:

cheers.

you have been smoked. instructions for adjusting the tilting mirror are in your owner's manual, which the PML guy obviously never read.

Racebred said:

coz this morning after i got onto the highway i realised the mirrors are a little out, and i tried to adjust, but somehow cannot. then i tried to fold the mirrors also cannot. But when I parked my car, the controls came back to life again. My m3 mirorrs going cranky?

You should be able to adjust your mirrors while driving. But I have never tried to close my mirrors while I was driving before... guess I will try and let you know... hahaha... but for sure you should be able to adjust your mirrors.

my mirrors does not go back to the original setting after tilting down. After adjusting it and setting it back to the memory buttons, it happens again the next time! Anyone has the same problem and what is the solution?

gabey said:
my mirrors does not go back to the original setting after tilting down. After adjusting it and setting it back to the memory buttons, it happens again the next time! Anyone has the same problem and what is the solution?

Might be that your memory function is not working properly...

so des, i guess my mirrors have gone cranky, which i think gabriel's ones are too. all ki siao.

Hahaha!! Even my mirrors are cranky sometimes too... sometimes I fold them up and then they cannot come down again... have to kill the engine, turn off all the electonics, wait half a minute, then turn on the car again then try the mirrors... all in the same boat lah... will test for you if the mirrors can fold while moving and let you know.

I had been { smoked } :furious: no wonder the pml guy was grinning when 'explaining' to me!
he told me because you have to put the mirror selector to the right for the auto kurb viewer to be activated, so there is no way you can adjust the angle of the auto tilting of the left mirror!

anyway, I had the problem of the mirror cannot be adjusted, but when i go to pml to rectify it, it actually start working there!!! strange thing...
intermittent problem??? :thinking: cross my finger

zen17 said:
I had been { smoked } :furious: no wonder the pml guy was grinning when 'explaining' to me!
he told me because you have to put the mirror selector to the right for the auto kurb viewer to be activated, so there is no way you can adjust the angle of the auto tilting of the left mirror!

anyway, I had the problem of the mirror cannot be adjusted, but when i go to pml to rectify it, it actually start working there!!! strange thing...

such problems actually quite common... I suppose its part and parcel of owning and living with a BM

Racebred said:

It surely can be adjusted when the car is moving but as for folding up and down, I havent tried it before. Even if it can, I would rather it be automatically deactivated when car moves off for safety issue. Imagine if you are on highway and you accidentally fold it up and wont return? :errr: :wtf:

ok. tested.

at speeds any higher than simple rolling speed, the fold up function is deactivated. But the fold down function can be done at any speed. (which makes sense)

so, we continue to learn new things about our e46 even though it's outgoing soon. anyway, it makes you appreciate the little thoughts put into the overall design of the whole car.

Was this PML guy a sebastien by any chance? He grins all the time...

zen17 said:

I still have problem adjusting the tilt angle. If I engage "R" so that the left mirror's angle tilts and then while the car is in R gear and I attempt to use the toggle key to adjust that mirror there and then, my driver's side mirror is the one that get adjusted. Gana sai. Any bro here got any advise?

Racebred said:
ok. tested.

at speeds any higher than simple rolling speed, the fold up function is deactivated. But the fold down function can be done at any speed. (which makes sense)

so, we continue to learn new things about our e46 even though it's outgoing soon. anyway, it makes you appreciate the little thoughts put into the overall design of the whole car.

Concur with your findings... have tested it out on my car too! hehe... to bored already.. .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helo88tel
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back