The Other One: BMW-SG's 125i Coupe Revew

Re: The Other One: BMW-SG's 125i Coupe Revew

wei0306;431069 said:
Hi ! Indeed, not much 125i on the road. Nice to meet you.

Understand where u coing from. I also actually wanted to set the dial to middle for the aircon to reach both the body and the leg, but because of the air eventually 'leak' out from the windscreen, I just have to set it on the normal position. Quite irritating. I remember asking them for my previous E90, they said nothing can be done as its by default from factory.

Let me know able the squeaky passenger window. It seems to be getting more audible now.

Thanks !

true! i hardly see 1s on the road, let alone 125s. and guess what, mine's black too :)

sure, will let you know of outcome. like i mentioned earlier, the service chaps did concede that previous 3series customers have the same condensation complaint. point then is that they shld have warned us, not saddle us with problem. will definitely let you know of outcome.

wei0306;430919 said:
I got the same problem as well. But it only happens if I turn the selection to blow leg, aka under the seat. If the selection is exactly on the normal outlet, then no air will come out from the windscreen. Had similar problem with the previous E90 before.

Hi, i tried out your tip of setting the dial exactly on the normal outlet while driving to work this morning. you're right, the condensation doesnt happen. regardless, will still ask PML chaps abt it. thanks.

Hi Cleopatra,

Any updates after you sent in your car to PML to work on the squeaky passenger window and the air con outlet issue ?

Thanks.

wei0306;433380 said:
Hi Cleopatra,

Any updates after you sent in your car to PML to work on the squeaky passenger window and the air con outlet issue ?

Thanks.

Hi Wei,

Sigh, I went to Dunearn on Sat. The senior chap there checked my car, and explained that the design of the cars was such that if you turn the dial to between the face and feet, there wld be condensation...something about the way the air flows in the car. When I asked if I could then seal the vents along the dashboard to prevent such an occurrence, he said possible, but cant guarantee impact on car. So at the end of the day, they cant solve the problem. Frankly speaking, I didnt push the issue cos thanks to your tip, I already knew how to keep the condensation problems at bay.

As for the squeaky window, we went on a drive around the old Turf Club area where humps abound. This was so that he could hear the squeaks. In the end, he said they would remove the passenger door to look into the problem.

My car's still at Dunearn. I didnt leave it there on Sat as the replacement car wasnt ready. Only sent it in on Tues.

So, my advice is, if the squeaky window is driving you up the wall, send your car in.

Did you go to the meetup last Sun? Maybe I can listen to your window squeak (to see if it's as bad as mine) if we go to next month's meetup.

Hey guys and gals,

newbie to the BMW SG forum reporting in ...

Sorry for hijacking this thread a bit but I'm really torn between the 125i and the 130i - looks (and bootspace) or performance (albeit by just a wee bit)?

Test drove both and I find the 130i definitely punchier, although the lag on the 125i is really slight at most. And like what Mockingbird said, why oh why did they have to detune the 125i and make the decision harder for me? Heheheh.

Oh, one more thing - I noticed that the 125 purrs louder than the 130 at idle. It's nicer in that aspect but I wonder why.

Damn hard to choose lah.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11sin88com
Back