Supersprint exhaust inspected & approved.

omshks

Installed my Supersprint exhaust system ( mid pipes & quad pipes rear mufflers ) at Jeep Chee 2 weeks ago. The car was sent in to Viacom at Kaki Bukit for inspection yesterday and I am glad that the entire system has been given seal of approval by LTA.

Now not scared to drive around and having to worry kenna stopped by LTA enforcers...

Re: Supersprint exhaust inspected & approved.

How long the whole process took? I never send to inspect beforehand but may hve to do it soon.

Congrats bro...

S2k;852226 said:
How long the whole process took? I never send to inspect beforehand but may hve to do it soon.

Bro... I actually went on Thursday afternoon around 430pm... The inspector refused to take my car in actually as there were 2 bikes and a 535i ahead of me... I made an appeal and he agreed but on the condition that they will inspect but only prepare the LTA paper for me the next day. I agreed to return the next day to collect the papers.

I wait for about 15 mins and the inspector came and said he will do my 640 i and the 535i together.... whole process was very fast... took about 20 mins and I went to make payment of about $75.

I left Viacom about 515pm. The next day I went straight to the counter, collected my papers and left.

Thanks for the info I hate the hassle of going thru all this lj lta stuff

Did they check the downpipes also or just the exhaust?

Yay! Now I can get mine done without worrying about the inspectors. My deposit at jeep Chee getting "cold" already.

Now at 1600km. 400km to go.

Thanks for being the guinea pig

:goodup::goodup::goodup:

I am suppose to go for mine soon, my documents already in from ACS and already submitted to LTA, now just awaiting their letter to go down.

Bro OMSHKS, tks for the posting! I gotta score myself a taxi ride in your ride one of these days to check out the rumble....

Car jin chio....!

SAMLAMBO;852548 said:
Did they check the downpipes also or just the exhaust?

Bro... I do not have downpipes installed... The inspection was quite brief and I think it was probably more formality... I suggest you bring your car to inspect first, if it passes then all good.... but if not, then have the downpipes removed then send in again for inspection...

omshks;852799 said:
Bro... I do not have downpipes installed... The inspection was quite brief and I think it was probably more formality... I suggest you bring your car to inspect first, if it passes then all good.... but if not, then have the downpipes removed then send in again for inspection...

Ok thanks bro

I'm happy to see you didn't have any problem with the approval. What do you think of the exhaust (sound, looks etc)?

catbacks.... by nature if they have TUV certificates... will get approved.

however, the downpipes (esp catless) ARE LTA UNfriendly....

any system with race cats (200cell / decatted / straight pipes etc) are LTA unfriendly....

cheers.....

That's right. In Europe you can often fit a full system anyway as the law says the if the car have a catalytic converter fitted and passes the MOT you're ok.
I know of cars with a full system with headers, sports cats, centre unsilenced x-pipe and E.E.C. approved rear mufflers that passes the MOT and drive on the road without any issue (in ITALY).

It seems LTA or the police is more strict over there!

Supersprint;853491 said:
I'm happy to see you didn't have any problem with the approval. What do you think of the exhaust (sound, looks etc)?

Absolutely love the look of the quad pipes... they are quite imposing as they are all 90mm in diameter... most standard sports ones are 80mm in diameter... The pipes extend out of the rear valance just about right and observers can see the nicely engraved "Supersprint" words on the top part of the pipes... Very nice...

As for the sound, I love it whenever I start up the engine... Previously there was little if not no exhaust note upon ignition... Now there is a nice growl whenever the start button is pressed...makes me feel that the engine is alive and kicking!

On the move, the sound is great with a low rumble that builds up as speed is gain. The turbo burble is more pronounced after installation of the exhaust too. At idle and low speed, the sound is low and bassy... not too loud. But as my car is a convertible, the sound can be slightly intrusive...but still acceptable.

Performance wise I feel the car "breathes" better now... there is more grunt and faster acceleration... not sure if this is psychological... But I believe the exhaust system consisting of the mid pipes and rear mufflers does add a couple of bhp to the car...

Overall, I think the supersprint exhaust is great... in terms of looks, sound and performance... A great mod at a great price!

omshks;854043 said:
Absolutely love the look of the quad pipes... they are quite imposing as they are all 90mm in diameter... most standard sports ones are 80mm in diameter... The pipes extend out of the rear valance just about right and observers can see the nicely engraved "Supersprint" words on the top part of the pipes... Very nice...

As for the sound, I love it whenever I start up the engine... Previously there was little if not no exhaust note upon ignition... Now there is a nice growl whenever the start button is pressed...makes me feel that the engine is alive and kicking!

On the move, the sound is great with a low rumble that builds up as speed is gain. The turbo burble is more pronounced after installation of the exhaust too. At idle and low speed, the sound is low and bassy... not too loud. But as my car is a convertible, the sound can be slightly intrusive...but still acceptable.

Performance wise I feel the car "breathes" better now... there is more grunt and faster acceleration... not sure if this is psychological... But I believe the exhaust system consisting of the mid pipes and rear mufflers does add a couple of bhp to the car...

Overall, I think the supersprint exhaust is great... in terms of looks, sound and performance... A great mod at a great price!

and I'm sure the downpipes add a whole lot more!

Hi,

was just recommended Meisterschaft GTC...
initially was just thinking of Supersprint or ACS.... now another has come into the frame.... headache... any bros here can advice??

haydenhoon;854182 said:
Hi,

initially was just thinking of Supersprint or ACS.... now another has come into the frame.... headache... any bros here can advice??

That you have to ask Bro Darevo... He's waiting for the system :)

haydenhoon;854182 said:
Hi,

Bro... SS and ACS are LTA approved... Meisterschaft is not compliant leh... Maybe you want to consider this point....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daoquangminh

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back