Squealing brakes after Rims change

Re: Squealing brakes after Rims change

Before changing my rims from stock, there was no problem with brake pads (squeaking/squealing) at low speeds. So i assume pads are still useable/has enough life. After upgrading to bigger rims, i began to hear squeaking and squealing at low speed when come to a stop.

I am not exactly bothered but i wonder what is wrong. I cannot always turn up the radio volume to mask the brakes/rims noise lei.

Anyone sent to PML for investigation?

Just to share... I have this problem too. Had my wheels staggered 19" front & 20" rear. I had the pads serviced & checked. I thought too the pads are gone suprisely to find a hell lot of life on them. Probably its gota do with the materials of the OEM pads. No point changing them since theres lots life to it. So i decide to leave them till it wears out & have them replaced to ceramic ones.

iceplayer;602719 said:
Just to share... I have this problem too. Had my wheels staggered 19" front & 20" rear. I had the pads serviced & checked. I thought too the pads are gone suprisely to find a hell lot of life on them. Probably its gota do with the materials of the OEM pads. No point changing them since theres lots life to it. So i decide to leave them till it wears out & have them replaced to ceramic ones.

Any reason why you think of ceramics? Bcos someone has a solution or...?

Im unsure if the OEM holds good enough for the upgrade of wheels but no harm giving a try when e pads are worn of course. Its suppose to hold better. So if the squeaking doesnt stops, least i enhance the pads.... LOL;)

E90koh;602758 said:
Any reason why you think of ceramics? Bcos someone has a solution or...?

mine also got the squeaking sound... esp loud when u step on brake, then release a little bit..

what's the actual cause of it? on 19"

i agree with earlier post which says that the squealing are from resonance due to bigger sized rims and less chuncky (airy) design

i experienced that immediately upon changing from stock 17in to 19in

Hello anyone that ends up here. I had the same problem and looked at many forums. Had the same problem and tried many many things. It turned out the tire shop used my OEM lug nuts. Aftermarket wheels most of the time require aftermarket lug nuts. This and proper torque tightening freed me from all the stress. Good luck all! Hope this helped!

squealing sound probably is brake pads not aligned with the rotors. can be caused by poorly fitted rims or damaged rotors (hard braking frequently)

have a good check by a reputable ws as it affects the optimal braking performance

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb888pro1
Back