Speedier travel on KPE soon

Re: Speedier travel on KPE soon

Alamak they should reduce it.
I prefer to travel in style so ppl can admire my bbk.

ur front spoiler never install, 10" idrive screen dun have, instrument cluster not 6WB, steering not new M5 one, ARB never change, front tension bushing never change. Why u even wanna drive ur car out?

MW;1048632 said:
ur front spoiler never install, 10" idrive screen dun have, instrument cluster not 6WB, steering not new M5 one, ARB never change, front tension bushing never change. Why u even wanna drive ur car out?

u bery free har?...

piss off la, half baked mods still wanna say u driving BMW.

u rude mofo! kangaroo bin!

KPE can cheong liao!

Speedier travel on KPE soon

do_not_speed_in_kpe.jpg

The speed limit for the Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE) is set to go up from 70kmh to 80kmh as early as next month - six years after the largely underground highway opened.

The Straits Times understands that the limit will be revised to be in line with the limit for the Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE), which opens at the end of the year. The KPE joins the MCE, which also joins the Ayer Rajah Expressway.

New speed-limit signs, covered in black plastic wrappers, have been placed in the tunnels, checks revealed. But certain stretches with sharper curvatures may retain the 70kmh limit.

Speed limits on other expressways are mostly 90kmh.

Here is me driving on KPE last night:

[video=youtube;L_HBgHC2ILc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_HBgHC2ILc[/video]

The reason they give ... Makes you wonder how they came up with the speed limits in the first place.

There will be a new tunnel link to KPE towards marina bay.

Very wide road , at least 5 to 6 lanes . Should complete by end this year ...

Just look at it ...this is just one direction tunnel , the other direction is on the other side ...

And I heard this tunnel was built in the sea....

View attachment 56767

Last edited by a moderator:

Heard one part of it is like aquarium ......

MTechnic;1048790 said:
There will be a new tunnel link to KPE towards marina bay.

Very wide road , at least 5 to 6 lanes . Should complete by end this year ...

Just look at it ...this is just one direction tunnel , the other direction is on the other side ...

And I heard this tunnel was built in the sea....

View attachment 56767

No leh, I did not see any glass along the tunnel when I was there...

But if have, it would be nice !!!

Tunnel should make your car faster since the air inside should be cooler as its in the sea.... "cool air better combustion"

Red_Bean_Bun;1048793 said:
Heard one part of it is like aquarium

Got see any ERP gantries there ?

MTechnic;1048797 said:

Tunnel should make your car faster since the air inside should be cooler as its in the sea.... "cool air better combustion"

Red_Bean_Bun;1048793 said:
Heard one part of it is like aquarium

Traffic jams diverted underground. At first i thought so nice, to have 2 ways to get to the same place...

Bye bye most scenic part of ECP..... you were always my fav. expressway in SG. esp when i can see no cops ahead.

With traffic currently using the ECP now channelled to the MCE, the stretch of the ECP west of Benjamin Sheares Bridge will be converted to a major arterial road. The stretch of the existing ECP after Central Boulevard will be expunged.

When the MCE is constructed, the segment of East Coast Parkway between Ayer Rajah Expressway and Benjamin Sheares Bridge will be downgraded to a four-lane arterial road and realigned. The present East Coast Parkway blocks the expansion of the city southwards, and hence the revised layout allows the city to expand towards the New Downtown.

expunged: obliterate or remove completely (something unwanted or unpleasant).

Map of MCP

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publi...f_marina.MainPar.65502.File.tmp/MCEAnnexB.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yes. You know where this is headed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marina_Coastal_Expressway

The 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) long MCE will be Singapore's most expensive expressway. The expressway was also listed on the List of world's most expensive transport infrastructure where infrastructures must be of $1 billion and above. On 28 April 2009, the Land Transport Authority revealed that it has awarded about S$4.1 billion worth of contracts, much more than the initial estimate of S$2.5 billion.

Last edited by a moderator:

They will lower down the Benjamin Sheares bridge and will be gone !!

Mockngbrd;1048807 said:
Traffic jams diverted underground. At first i thought so nice, to have 2 ways to get to the same place...

Bye bye most scenic part of ECP..... you were always my fav. expressway in SG. esp when i can see no cops ahead.

expunged: obliterate or remove completely (something unwanted or unpleasant).

Map of MCP

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publi...f_marina.MainPar.65502.File.tmp/MCEAnnexB.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yes. You know where this is headed.

I think I saw 1 gantry towards Jurong in the tunnel ...

Should be the same for the other side

BUT knowing garmen, they can install the ERP gnatry very quickly once traffic jam is build up to ease the jam ...

Red_Bean_Bun;1048804 said:
Got see any ERP gantries there ?

MTechnic;1048797 said:

under the sea..... under the sea.....

Back