sound coming from steering wheel!!

HD555

Hi, when my E90 (2007) parked overnight or even 3 hours or more, there were sounds coming out from the dashboard, the sound will comes out when the steering is turn to either left or right. No sound when the steering is straight. The irritating sound will last for about 2 to 3 turns. Any bro encounter this issue? I was told by one workshop that the steering column is spoilt.

Re: sound coming from steering wheel!!

Hi HD555,

Is the sound like 'clicking sound' when you turn your steering wheel?

Cos I have the same sound too... but the clicking sounds comes when I turn my steering wheel to the left. I had it checked by the mechanic and he said... its nothing to be worried about.

It just that as the car ages (my ride which I bought new has been with me since 2005 and it hasn;t given me any problems so I have no reasons to change the car) it appears.

if its somewhat like an irritating screeching sound, its the steering column

If the sound is like something brushing inside.. I suspect the Spyro inside the steering wheel is hving some issues. Spyro is a coil of wires that is attached to the steering wheel for your Multi Function Steering. Cost to replace is about $250 or so. If there is a "clicking" sound, most probably your airbag ball bearing is running loose. I knew because I just changed both. Hoped I was helpful in helping u isolate the problems.

Thanks for all the great info... Mine is what Sszone said,screehing coming out from the dashboard which cause by the steering. Think is the steering column. The sound is like u open a door without WD40.

almost forgot, it could also be that metal thingy thats in between your steering wheel and the column.
anyway, better get it looked at by the mechanic cos most of us are just sharing our experiences.
end of the day, u need the car doctors to have a more through diagnosis...keke

James1500;602844 said:
If the sound is like something brushing inside.. I suspect the Spyro inside the steering wheel is hving some issues. Spyro is a coil of wires that is attached to the steering wheel for your Multi Function Steering. Cost to replace is about $250 or so. If there is a "clicking" sound, most probably your airbag ball bearing is running loose. I knew because I just changed both. Hoped I was helpful in helping u isolate the problems.

Bro james 1500

Thanks - this is great info sharing

Hi all,

My E90 has the same issue. But I am not sure if the sound comes from the steering wheel or my dashboard panel. The sound will come in the morning whenever i turn the steering wheel after starting the car. The sound will also come when I am step on the brake. The sound will last for 2 to 3 mins. The sound is tttrrrrtt ttrrrrttt ttrrrrttt.

Anyone encountered this issue before. My ride is still under warranty but hoping to narrow the problem for the service advisor. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhanislotracing

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back