Should it or should it not

Alvin666

Hi Rex7, i believe urs is the new facelifted coupe. All the white HID headlights n white indicator signals are on the optional list when u buying ur car tat time.Everytin will b fitted oversea b4 the car arrived in spore. Everytin cost $$. I have changed mine after i received my car 2 weeks later.Unless those cars u saw are parallel imported n those accessories are standard for the car.Dnt worry if u are being 'cheated' then i will b in the same boat as u. U wont b alone! ;)

Alvin666 said:
Hi Rex7, i believe urs is the new facelifted coupe. All the white HID headlights n white indicator signals are on the optional list when u buying ur car tat time.Everytin will b fitted oversea b4 the car arrived in spore. Everytin cost $$. I have changed mine after i received my car 2 weeks later.Unless those cars u saw are parallel imported n those accessories are standard for the car.Dnt worry if u are being 'cheated' then i will b in the same boat as u. U wont b alone! ;)

I just feel kinda shitty after paying so much for a car that in the end I have to fork out around 9-10k for the options that other lucky bros out there got it for free........ :( :( :(

rex7_vtec said:
I just feel kinda shitty after paying so much for a car that in the end I have to fork out around 9-10k for the options that other lucky bros out there got it for free........ :( :( :(

I don't believe those things are for free. I'm not familiar with the E46 but I am sure PML has different option lists for different engine models. The bigger the engine, the more 'free' stuff it will come with. Naturally, you pay more for bigger engines too.

rex7_vtec said:
Alvin666 said:

Well, I dont think the white lights and HID are "free". In my case, I got the whites "free" cos my sales rep offset the cost from her commision. So, it all depends. But honestly, I always feel BMWs are one of the worst spec-ed cars around. Unless you buy the top end models of course.

I mean, even the exhaust chrome tips arent standard!

Buy Bimmer, sure end up paying extra one, especially when you see other brudders nicely done up cars.. The list is endless.

Guess you shouldnt fret too much and just enjoy your newfound driving experience!

Cheers!

To: Tanzy & SMYUEN

Hi guys thanks for the advice and info given. WHen you guys mention that only top end models do you mean the 7series and M cars?

I was previously driving the Passat V6 and I really had nothing much to complain about HIDs, rims, smokers configuration, ABT kit etc. All came standard and I paid about 170k (about 4 years ago) for that.

For this new ride I'm paying about 30 plus G more and I've got none of the luxury features...Not even an in-car lighter... Plus I still have to pay a higher road tax... *sigh*

Anyhow, I do appreciate the advice given and hope my whining doesn't irritate everyone out there ;) ;) ;)

rex7_vtec said:

Hi guys thanks for the advice and info given. WHen you guys mention that only top end models do you mean the 7series and M cars?

I was previously driving the Passat V6 and I really had nothing much to complain about HIDs, rims, smokers configuration, ABT kit etc. All came standard and I paid about 170k (about 4 years ago) for that.

For this new ride I'm paying about 30 plus G more and I've got none of the luxury features...Not even an in-car lighter... Plus I still have to pay a higher road tax... *sigh*

Anyhow, I do appreciate the advice given and hope my whining doesn't irritate everyone out there ;) ;) ;)

Haha...

You are probably right - The M cars nothing to mod really.. Its definitely comes with clears, M3 steering wheel, nice rims, quad exhaust..

Think about it this way, BMW is like Louis Vuitton or Prada.. You buy it because you "want it" not becos you "need it". And console yourself - good things always come simply. Not so good things always needs lots of packaging before it can sell. (No offence to the Passat!)

I sometimes feel the way you do. I can list the "not-so-satisfying" features of my car like:
- orange lights for dashboard (not backlit)
- No cup holder (I had to buy it)
- No chrome rings on the speedo (I had to buy)
- No body kit (I had to buy - a lot of cars are kitted nowadays at the factory)
- Lousy ICE
- No front mounted CD changer
- Small compartments
- etc etc etc...

But I guess BMWs are meant to be driven, it is a driver oriented car out ant out, and so I far I havent felt anything that comes close at such a price. Its got eveything - looks, handling, performance, prestige, comfort... I guess the small inadequacies are a small price to pay.

And like they always say - less is often more!

rex7_vtec said:

You mean you bought a 330 coupe and they didnt give you extra stuff?
That's quite Giam Siap of them. Did you ask for additional stuff when you purchased your ride, or maybe asked for more discount? cos most times its either add-ons, or discounts, seldom both.

Cheers,
The Sweaty One

oh yeah, regarding the "in-car lighter",
bmw has a non-smoking policy.
so unless you specifically insist on a lighter, you won't get one.

ah pui said:
oh yeah, regarding the "in-car lighter",
bmw has a non-smoking policy.
so unless you specifically insist on a lighter, you won't get one.

Hmmm that's strange, I brought a BMW lighter they give me a free 320i. I intend to reject the offer, but they insist so i didnt resist.

:errr:

blackbmw said:
Hmmm that's strange, I brought a BMW lighter they give me a free 320i. I intend to reject the offer, but they insist so i didnt resist.

:errr:

in that case i will go buy 3 lighters from them and get an M5!
:laughlik:

rex7_vtec said:
Thanks guys for the advice given... Oh yea now that SMYUEN mentioned it, I dun even have the front mounted CD changer..... Now I regret buying this car... Might as well have went for the 320i promotion whereby it came with M Aero kits and white signal markers... Plus its about 60G less too...

so far, i had 2 e46, but none wif front mounted CD changer. d CD changer is in d boot.

dun feel bad, a lot of things r not standard on conti cars. u shd check out d new benz slk, d slk 200 dun even hv electric seats as standard, n they r selling it at 218k!!! :screwedu:

for bimmers, if u want clear indicators, chrome grills etc i tink its depends on pre-sale negotiation. all these max a few hundred $. but trust me, d next purchase wil b a much pleasant one, cos u wil know wat u can bargain for. :)

330 is nice car, it wil b a waste if u keep dwelling on d "freebies" u tot u ought to get n overlook all d wonderful thing abt d 330, eg. handling, performance, d sweet engine note. :)

come join us for d drive up m'sia, u wil b glad u chose d 330 over d 320. :)

btw, its impossible for PML to throw in d bi-xenon for u, cos' its a few thousand $, too expensive even to retrofit locally. CHEER UP! :laughlik:

Hello DVanos,

Thanks for the info given! Yea i would love to have a drive with all you guys out there... Like you said even though amongst the hype of thinking what i should have got, I really enjoyed the ride! Definitely more powerful than the Passat, a sweeter bass tone of the exhaust compared to the boxer sound of a WRX and much more curvy and stunning than rival Mercedes (No offence if there are Merc owners out there :wavey: )

Cheers

SMYUEN said:
Haha...

You are probably right - The M cars nothing to mod really.. Its definitely comes with clears, M3 steering wheel, nice rims, quad exhaust..

Bro, I have to disagree with you because I know one M3 owner who is constantly still looking for things to mod. Haha. :)

album_pic.php

It's like the super chio Evo MRs that I thought no need to mod already since they come with so many modded features and yet some of the owners I know go and mod their MRs right after they leave the showroom.

If you have modding in your blood, die die you can always find things to mod one! Hehe

The Mixmaster said:
SMYUEN said:
Haha...

Bro, I have to disagree with you because I know one M3 owner who is constantly still looking for things to mod. Haha. :)

album_pic.php

It's like the super chio Evo MRs that I thought no need to mod already since they come with so many modded features and yet some of the owners I know go and mod their MRs right after they leave the showroom.

If you have modding in your blood, die die you can always find things to mod one! Hehe

Hehe,

You are quite right. I need to cure my mod bug if not I wont have a bride next year! hahaha.. Its tough you know, trying to get modding out of your system.

rex7_vtec said:
Hello DVanos,

Thanks for the info given! Yea i would love to have a drive with all you guys out there... Like you said even though amongst the hype of thinking what i should have got, I really enjoyed the ride! Definitely more powerful than the Passat, a sweeter bass tone of the exhaust compared to the boxer sound of a WRX and much more curvy and stunning than rival Mercedes (No offence if there are Merc owners out there :wavey: )

Cheers

Ooohhh.. you have a 330coupe! ahhh.. nice nice. Maybe we can swap cars for a day of two some time in the future?? If you dont mind not having a roof over your head that is... :) :) :) :)

SMYUEN said:
rex7_vtec said:
Hello DVanos,

Cheers

Ooohhh.. you have a 330coupe! ahhh.. nice nice. Maybe we can swap cars for a day of two some time in the future?? If you dont mind not having a roof over your head that is... :) :) :) :)

OOOH Cabrio??? :woottt: :woottt: :woottt: Btw I saw an M3 Carbio blow past me about 2-3nights ago. NICE!!! It had the dark greyish purple colour, plus the HID, Soft Top, LED lights and wide body...... Woah, stunning man!

Hi Rex,

I can understand how you feel. I've just acquired a Bimmer from PML as well and they didn't budge on many of what I thought should have been standard on such a hefty purchase.

Nonetheless, it's reassuring to hear the rest of the folks singing praises about the drive quality of the BMWs.

Would luv to join you guys if you've any outings planned so that I can see what the rest have done to soup up their wheels. Mine's mighty plain for now...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb888wiki

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back