Should i buy a preloved F10 523i or 520i?

Re: Should i buy a preloved F10 523i or 520i?

Rule of thumb: Always buy the brand's specialty, in this case its for bmw.... its the straight six. So 523i gets my vote.

I had the same dilemma last year.., decided on the Straight-6. Not a single day of regret. Try to find a Highline model with all the bells & whistles.

Bro, can share some details about the modified plugs? Tq.

Don't waste your time. Just buy a 520d... don't even have plugs.

Had he same dilemma last year. Test driven both models form different used car dealers. Got a 523 and never regret. Mine came with super sprint exhaust. Agree w some brothers here. When u rev hard, makes your testosterone level high .

[Hi - my two cents and apologies in advance for the OT - I have just put my 535 on sale - if your budget can stretch it..... then have a look at my car.

If you like power between your legs and still look executive (please don"t flame - it is my personal opinion)

I have cleaned up all the mechanical issues - no sticky handles, everything works and in pristine cond - the car comes with an additional 9 months warranty from PML (I had the F10 523 before my 535 and it was covered by third party insurance - having the car repaired under the 6 months used car warranty was a big issue - no fault codes - no repairs). My car comes with a full service history. The back seats looked practically unused for the past 5 years.

Most importantly - you get a brand new gearbox from PML - just check what it would cost you if your car gearbox fails after 6 months (a recond gear box is S$3K ++ for a 523 ) !! Cheers

6pot5er;1120536 said:
I had the same dilemma last year.., decided on the Straight-6. Not a single day of regret. Try to find a Highline model with all the bells & whistles.

Exactly ! It took me almost a year searching for a Highline 523i with the exact color combinations I wanted. Never look back since then, enjoying every ride even after 2 years I have the car.

MYSTIC;1120715 said:
[Hi - my two cents and apologies in advance for the OT - I have just put my 535 on sale - if your budget can stretch it..... then have a look at my car.

If you like power between your legs and still look executive (please don"t flame - it is my personal opinion)

I have cleaned up all the mechanical issues - no sticky handles, everything works and in pristine cond - the car comes with an additional 9 months warranty from PML (I had the F10 523 before my 535 and it was covered by third party insurance - having the car repaired under the 6 months used car warranty was a big issue - no fault codes - no repairs). My car comes with a full service history. The back seats looked practically unused for the past 5 years.

Most importantly - you get a brand new gearbox from PML - just check what it would cost you if your car gearbox fails after 6 months (a recond gear box is S$3K ++ for a 523 ) !! Cheers

I am surprised with the price of the recon gearbox at $3K only... I would have thought is 5 digit ?

MW;1120219 said:
One OT question I wanna ask is, those who drive the Diesel models, when you drive into the petrol kiosk, does the attendant give you funny looks? I mean, in Sg's image conscious society, people look at diesel vehicles as taxis, vans, lorries buses etc and not conti cars like BMW or Mercs

What you said is quite true ... Once I was at a MSCP, I heard a very loud engine noise like a taxi sound , when I turned my head I saw a new diesel Jaguar. I just cannot associate such a nice Jaguar with a taxi type engine noise.

How you imagine you drive your diesel F10 to a five star hotel pick up point and people all give a stunned look when listen the engine noise !?

Recond gear box at S$3K was what I was quoted (when I had the 523 a year back) - will need to exchange my gear box to the workshop.

My new gearbox from PML cost more than S$15K and is "smooth as silk".

Apologise for the OT !

MYSTIC;1121605 said:
Recond gear box at S$3K was what I was quoted (when I had the 523 a year back) - will need to exchange my gear box to the workshop.

My new gearbox from PML cost more than S$15K and is "smooth as silk".

Apologise for the OT !

I am surprised you need to change the gearbox so early for the F10, what is your mileage when you changed it?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vnlotocredit

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back