Servicing Mileage for Z4 E89

riddy

hi guys,

what is the servicing mileage for z4? cause i heard that it's every 25,000km, unlike most bmw models where u have to service for every 10,000km.

is that true?

Re: Servicing Mileage for Z4 E89

riddy;959523 said:
hi guys,

what is the servicing mileage for z4? cause i heard that it's every 25,000km, unlike most bmw models where u have to service for every 10,000km.

is that true?

nowadays mostly 12000km...........

coming tomorrow's meet-up?
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

riddy;959526 said:
thanks alvin

tmrw got meet-up? where n when

Kallang Leisure cp F, 4.30pm...

Roooooooooooooooofless Rocks...
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

i'd love to go but i'll be heading to JB early tomorrow. i'll try to see if i can make it back by then, if not i'll join the next one.
but thanks for the invite man :)

i service every 10k or 3 mths.. usually is 3 mths coz never get to drive too far :(

riddy;959523 said:
hi guys,

is that true?

hi guys...going to svc my car soon, e89 s20i (first svcing, 10K mileage). PML quoted $289- $389 for oil change only! which is quite pricey.

Anyone got experience buying ur own engine oil (the recommended one is Castrol?) and just paying PML for the labour charges? I think can probably save $100+....?

sable81;969404 said:
hi guys...going to svc my car soon, e89 s20i (first svcing, 10K mileage). PML quoted $289- $389 for oil change only! which is quite pricey.

Anyone got experience buying ur own engine oil (the recommended one is Castrol?) and just paying PML for the labour charges? I think can probably save $100+....?

100 still got change.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

sable81;969404 said:

I just serviced recently at pml using my own mobil 1 that I bought cheap from Giant. They charge labour $50, $3 for a useless wiper tank cleaner fluid and gst. Works out to be about $160 in all including cost of the oil I bought.

Servicing Mileage for Z4 E89

Acoustix;969453 said:
I just serviced recently at pml using my own mobil 1 that I bought cheap from Giant. They charge labour $50, $3 for a useless wiper tank cleaner fluid and gst. Works out to be about $160 in all including cost of the oil I bought.

good price!

Acoustix;969453 said:

cool...

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Lol I'm a cheapo I know.. but I strongly believe in frequent oil change using inexpensive oil rather than extended periods between servicing but using top of the line expensive oil.. I fear sludge..

Acoustix;969477 said:
Lol I'm a cheapo I know.. but I strongly believe in frequent oil change using inexpensive oil rather than extended periods between servicing but using top of the line expensive oil.. I fear sludge..

I am with you. Time for my next oil change liao.

Acoustix;969477 said:

Just did my 10k km servicing. The engine felt sluggish nearing 10k km mark. Felt alive again after the servicing!

Frequent change better ..... Never know when the oil filter going to pecah lobang especially if using non original filters.

Acoustix;969477 said:

Acoustix;969477 said:

Which period of svcing did u do? is it first 10k? for mine, dunno if should use 5w30 or 5w40. is it a must to buy the recommended castrol? becos I do prefer mobil 1 also....

Did u buy ur own oil filter and provide to PML too?

sable81;969692 said:
Which period of svcing did u do? is it first 10k? for mine, dunno if should use 5w30 or 5w40. is it a must to buy the recommended castrol? becos I do prefer mobil 1 also....

Did u buy ur own oil filter and provide to PML too?

I used 5w30. Regular interval servicing. I prefer thinner and anyway intending to do an oil change between 6k to 8k km I'm not worried about thinner oil breaking down too soon.

Lazy to buy own filter so just paid pml for it. Should be around $25 that they charged. Not sure how much stockists are charging.

Acoustix;969946 said:
I used 5w30. Regular interval servicing. I prefer thinner and anyway intending to do an oil change between 6k to 8k km I'm not worried about thinner oil breaking down too soon.

Lazy to buy own filter so just paid pml for it. Should be around $25 that they charged. Not sure how much stockists are charging.

$15. (10 char)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetsystems

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back