Sequence of steps for parking

pulsar88

Well-Known Member
Sounds basic but need yr opinions...
1) When I reverse into carpark lot, I press foot brake and P then off engine, car rocks fwd n back a bit. Normal? Should I switch gear from R to N first then P?
2) I don't use handbrake when parking cos sometimes forget to release and drive off; only realise when reminder sounds. Do u use handbrake on level ground?
 
Re: Sequence of steps for parking

I thought handbrake is for people who want to parallel park very quickly ?


pulsar88;984380 said:
Sounds basic but need yr opinions...
1) When I reverse into carpark lot, I press foot brake and P then off engine, car rocks fwd n back a bit. Normal? Should I switch gear from R to N first then P?
2) I don't use handbrake when parking cos sometimes forget to release and drive off; only realise when reminder sounds. Do u use handbrake on level ground?
 
Re: Sequence of steps for parking

dont worry, its normal

but when u shift to park, u hold the brake for a few extra seconds, it shouldnt rock fwd and back


i dont use handbrake too, same as u....will forget to release
 
Re: Sequence of steps for parking

I use handbrake for parking.

And also when I drift.
 
Re: Sequence of steps for parking

pulsar88;984380 said:
Sounds basic but need yr opinions...
1) When I reverse into carpark lot, I press foot brake and P then off engine, car rocks fwd n back a bit. Normal? Should I switch gear from R to N first then P?
2) I don't use handbrake when parking cos sometimes forget to release and drive off; only realise when reminder sounds. Do u use handbrake on level ground?

Ground level ok. U try pull handbrake after u park on slope. Then engage d again.
 
Re: Sequence of steps for parking

Midnight1987;984393 said:
dont worry, its normal

but when u shift to park, u hold the brake for a few extra seconds, it shouldnt rock fwd and back




i dont use handbrake too, same as u....will forget to release

you Rocks....







cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers
 
Re: Sequence of steps for parking

Facepalm.

Regardless level or not, handbrake should be used. The rocking action is caused by bad habit. It should always be N + Hand brake.
 
Re: Sequence of steps for parking

Wait, what's the whole sequence again including checking of mirrors? Is it the exact same process for parallel parking?

Anyone knows if there's any difference for night time? *stress*
 
Re: Sequence of steps for parking

Soon we gonna see Qns like

1. How to start car?
2. How to put petrol?
3. How do you all brake?
4. Do you all N when gg downslope?
5. What tyre to use, dunwant bust budget?
6. Brake pads can reskim? reuse?
7. Engine oil can clean and reuse?
8. Pump air tyre how? can mix 65% N2 and 25%o2, 10% co2???



whattafarc......i seen it all at the other forum.....bloody abuse the forum as a google.....
 
Re: Sequence of steps for parking

Oilman;984550 said:
Wait, what's the whole sequence again including checking of mirrors? Is it the exact same process for parallel parking?

Anyone knows if there's any difference for night time? *stress*


first enter car, adjust mirror, see face
then start car, seeing face
then sit back, no need see face, adjust wing mirror see face
wear sunglasses, look sart
fold mirrors
drive off

that is how bmw drivers drive....muahahahahaha
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
82,792
Messages
1,019,510
Members
78,670
Latest member
oxbett2com
Back
Top