Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Review of Revol 2

MW

Legendary 10 Years
About 1yr ago, I sent my greater white E60 Yam5 to Revol for grooming and was very pleased with the results.

One year later, after getting my new F10, I have decided to come back to Revol to have the paint protected.

As I have no floor tiles to shop for or any F13 to follow my car to take pics of my magnificent Silver Surfer while I drive to Revol at AMK Autopoint, my drive there was uneventful.

Again, like last year, my car was not washed for about 2 weeks since collection,paintwork was dirty due to rain and shine and dust from the workshops I visited for modding purposes and the rims turned from ferric grey to near CB like Wobbles' F13. This is a challenge you have to pose to Revol. DO NOT WASH your car if you are going there. Make their lives difficult so they work harder to bring out the shine. Best is if you can splash some mud water on it. Sorry Gavin + Randy, life sucks.

Anyway, Gavin and Randy were there in the morning when I arrived and both introduced to me a new product which was an improvement from the GoldShield PPS I took up last year. This new product is called GoldShield Glass Coat PPS (if I remember correctly). I was promised a gleaming glass-like shine and superior water beading.

This product is also applied on the rims to act as a brake dust barrier. It also comes with a product shampoo and detailor if you wish to buy it as it will maintain the shine...which I did as I am a DIY person

When I collected the car early afternoon, my car was as expected, shining like it just came out from the factory but I noticed something waxy-watery like on the paint work. I thought it was the lighting as all grooming places have bright flourescent white lights to trick you into believing ur car is the shiniest in Singapore and maybe Germany. But when I looked closer and touched the painwork, I was amazed at the smooth waxy glass-like effect on the paintwork. My rims were also clean and shiny.

Again, Revol never failed to impress me on the level of detail on the grooming. Engine bay, door hinges, carpets, interior panels and floors, rims, tyres, boot and every little crevice they can find..is cleaned and polished. If you find anything not done, u can immediately point it out to them and they get right on it instead of giving u excuses like "oh its like that one" or "Let it settle for a few days" blah blah

Well, like I said, perhaps it was the flourescent lighting that was creating the shine so I went home to do a low lighting photoshoot as well as test the water beading..

Pictures tells all. Even under low lighting and shadows from bright sun shining outside, you can see the glass like waxy effect, and its on a Silver car. I think the shine will be even better if it was a black or dark coloured car. I think my Silver-grey car became just Silver.

Thanks to Revol for another excellent work on my car.

I am not related to Revol or anyone employed there. I am just a happy returning customer. Highly recommended team and new Product. No regrets going back and no regrets on using this new product.

Re: Review of Revol 2

Your front bumper and hood not so flushed.....or is it the angle of the shot..

KNN, how come Gavin hid all the wax, leather and candlesticks from me? What is this waxy substance? Sperm ah?

But seriously, good shine bro! Well done Gavin - and good choice on the stripes again, MW :)

pm me the damage!
i know yr r their legal conslutan.

zorro;774755 said:
Your front bumper and hood not so flushed.....or is it the angle of the shot..

Angle lah, alighned swee swee liao.

jonleeck;774758 said:
pm me the damage!
i know yr r their legal conslutan.

Cb kia, whole forum know I am lawyer to Bobby only n no other.

Price wise, please ask Gavin or Randy. Mine he used my credit card and it exceeded the credit limit.

hitmee;774768 said:
this is what i call SINCERE review. bro wobbles, pls learn

bro hitmee, I'm paying through my nose to learn from humble greats like MW and yourself. You mean, you didn't get my post-dated cheque ah? I specifically put "Thaipusam 2014" for tuition fee.

nice review and swee swee car ... btw u left out one important information in the review ...

u forgot to mention what u had for lunch/breakfast after dropping off the car... :)

actually even if u say I am biased also never mind...cos I am hahah

My first review got many many biased customers of Revol as well, including Wobbles

I need Gavin to treat me sharks fin soon

For breakfast I had bread. I had no time to fly to Penang today, sorry

wobbles shold treat us all shark fins then we will worship him
better than posting photos of his 2 x 300k cars and penang lunch etc

hitmee;774787 said:

Sharks fin is poisonous. Prata can?

hitmee;774787 said:

where to see penang lunch? i lazy search.

Does the car exhibit tiak tiak sound???? Is the sound more pronounced since the grooming session??? Esp after she has been waxed, rubbed so good???. Is she purring or meowing?

Last edited by a moderator:

I dunno how it sounds cos I am still blinded by the shine

MW;774841 said:
I dunno how it sounds cos I am still blinded by the shine

Eyes to see.... Ears to hear....

Must be a foxy sound...cos got quad remus fox exos.... That da car....

i'm too lazy to start new thread so longbang MW thread. today mw appt is at AMK branch morning n i'm at the toh guan branch noon appt. i'm not good at writing review except FR so in short i will say it's worth every cent n gavin didn't ask me to sign for any package cos i told him i no $$, services is still top notch even for a 1 time customer. all i wanna say is thank you n great job.

paiseh i never take photo cos nothing much to see also. gum xia :D

This reminds me of a time Sherman told me a Ferrari F430 driver went to his shop to do tint and before he could open his mouth, the driver said "I no money, give me the cheapest tint"

Back