Retrofitting Aftermarket Xenons

Re: Retrofitting Aftermarket Headlights for E90

arowana1;364111 said:
let me do more research first. so far, only the angel eyes led are not bright enough based on feedback from e90post. i wrote to them asking if can trade in their stock angel eyes for piaa ones.

one more issue is whether there is auto levelling.

other option is sourcing from europe but still looking. states no go due to (a) wrong side for driver although what they have can be electronically adjusted, juz that i dunno how (b) orange reflector at headlight dun look as nice

will pm u once i decided.

kinda fun doing up my own lights. juz swapped in my blacklines on monday nite while waiting for steven (sszone) to come fit my cf emblems.

Cool keep me posted ya
cheers

The one i got, the angel eye is very bright. One thing u may have to note is if it fails, you have to remove the casing to get into the angel eyes. That's pretty risky.

but then again, everything is a risk yeah.

The one i got, no auto levelling, that function is totally disabled.

Hi guys,

Hope this info will help, since going the projector route didn't seems to work:

I have installed CCFL Angel Eyes on my E46 like 2 years back, and so far they've been working well without any problems. Cost is less than S$200 if I remember well. Also, I've changed the headlight bulbs to some Xenon-look-alike bulbs (USD50/set plus freight) 2-3 months back and they are working well also. See the following thread, see pics in post #11:

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/exterior-section/24429-xenon-tm-high-performance-halogen-bulbs.html

I have purchased a set of projector headlight with angle eye for my E46 from Car Gym last month and got it fixed and one of the angle eye was spolit 2 weeks after I installed the headlight.

I wrote to them requesting for replacement since they stated there is a 1 year manufacture warranty but til now, nobody reply to my email to them.

it's a risk to buy from overseas as they can choose not to honour the warranty and even if they agree to replace, we will need to ship back the damaged product in order to get an replacement and it will take months.

Re: Retrofitting Aftermarket Xenons

Hi,

I need advice. Presently, I am having a e90 with original stock head and fog lights (non Xenon) . How do I improve on the brightness? To be better than the stock. Any brand or model to recommend for the bulbs replacement? White or yellow light?

Thank you.

By the way, I hope you guys are aware that retrofitting Xenon lights is illegal in Singapore, unless it is approved by the car manufacturer and endorsed by LTA.

If you are prepared to take the risk, be prepared to face the consequences when get caught.

Hi, any idea where to get the aftermarket Angel light? How much the damage?

vickar;405417 said:
By the way, I hope you guys are aware that retrofitting Xenon lights is illegal in Singapore, unless it is approved by the car manufacturer and endorsed by LTA.

If you are prepared to take the risk, be prepared to face the consequences when get caught.

Actually, i just went for inspection with my aftermarket xenon. I passed.

cranko;428620 said:
Actually, i just went for inspection with my aftermarket xenon. I passed.

Hey cranko, where did you get yours done? Any indication on price? Cheers!

Need some advice here. Think of purchasing a set of OEM Xenon headlights for my E90. However, the seller's ride is LHD, is there any difference when used on Singapore cars which are RHD?

I was told some time ago that our RHD car headlights are made to shine slightly more to the left in order not to glare oncoming traffic, and LHD cars are shining more to the right. Sounds logical but dunno how true though. Another thing to check is whether the wirings and connectors are identical.

tats abt it

i have a pair of LHD headlamps on my car, the right side line is further than the left

Hi,

You can't use LHD headlight on RHD car although they can fit in cos you will blind all the oncoming vehicle due to shine higher on the right side.

Its shine higher on the Right side is for road sign located on right hand side (USA etc).

Some just switch to flat-out to be used in Spore but this can be done in e46 but not sure about e90 headlight.

dun think the blinding is so serious as those halogen upgrades to xenons

worth it or not, it's up to individual
alternatively, change to super bright white lights.
check with sszone ;)

darienking;553384 said:
Bro, tks for reply :) wa quite Ex. Iszit worth while to relace it,?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s666boston

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back