Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Renew COE now?

I’ll be interested if there’s aftermarket solution for auto boot closing and opening. Suction doors and keyless entry, forget them. Have to pay $ to repair these when they spoil.

Frankly I only use mostly the usual stuff like soft/auto closing and boot etc. So I am not so into high tech stuff.

My thinking of renewing Coe is because mine not very heavily used. However, I noticed many warning me about higher maintenance. If I renew COE, probably my depreciation would be around $7-8k. How much do I need to spend on maintenance/repair for a COE car per year? If I were to buy a new/fairly new BMW, depreciation would probably be $15-20k?
which one? 5 series aldy >200k and if you only drive few years, it's going to be 30k depreciation instead of 20k.

which one? 5 series aldy >200k and if you only drive few years, it's going to be 30k depreciation instead of 20k.

If buy new but drive 10 years, depn maybe 20k+. But if buy 2nd hand few years already, then lesser than 20k. If mine renew coe but got to repair, will still be cheaper?

of coz it's cheaper. The only delta is the few more days per year at workshops. For the ultra rich, it's not worth their time. TIME is "priced" differently for diff ppl.

as i mentioned earlier, if you renew own car to COE car, you're effectively saving ard 10k of body value to yourself instead of paying others. even if one is unlucky, spend 20k to make good, it's still 10k depreciation compared to 20k++.

Ok got it guys. I think will wait out and revisit coe price in 6 months time. Fingers cross.

By the way, off topic a little, between BMW and Mercedes, which would be a cheaper one to maintain especially when it gets older? Never driven a Merc so don't really have any idea.

Ok got it guys. I think will wait out and revisit coe price in 6 months time. Fingers cross.

By the way, off topic a little, between BMW and Mercedes, which would be a cheaper one to maintain especially when it gets older? Never driven a Merc so don't really have any idea.

generally, I’ve been told by mechanics that mercs are cheaper and more reliable to maintain as older cars.

But then, some others will say no, you can get BMW OEM parts cheap, send to JB workshop to install... frankly, it’s really dependent how far you wanna go to reduce costs and the sort of car owner you are.

all the points made by the others are valid, just whether you have the same perspective. I for one would not buy AliExpress car parts, except for maybe minor aesthetic mods.

Haha, so sad...

Anyway Aliexpress is only good for parts of vehicles that are currently in production in China plants and meant for China market. Most of them are almost 100% carbon copies of those european exported models so can be quite safe to replace for non-critical spare parts and for aesthetics.

agreed. I replaced my actuators with those from aliexpress, no issue so far. But personally i will not buy critical components.

Buttons, trims/covers, door int/ext handles, vents are ok.

So one year later, and with COE almost at all times high, I hope the thread starter did made right decision and renewed the COE early :)

Back