Rear brake pads mileage for f10

Rear brake pads mileage for f10

horrible;990039 said:
Ic
Tot it was similar to my other conti cars where its integrated.

So do I need to change that part every time I replace pads?

theoretically yes. but if you change the pad before the sensor touches then maybe can reuse.

Re: Rear brake pads mileage for f10

Brake sensor is inexpensive. You can get it from Eng Soon for $18 (for F10) each. Just need one each for the front and the rear.

And yes, it is advisable to replace the brake sensor each time you replace the brake pads.

horrible;990039 said:
Ic
Tot it was similar to my other conti cars where its integrated.

So do I need to change that part every time I replace pads?

44R;990043 said:
Brake sensor is inexpensive. You can get it from Eng Soon for $18 (for F10) each. Just need one each for the front and the rear.

And yes, it is advisable to replace the brake sensor each time you replace the brake pads.

Hey 44R, where did u change your EBS and was the sensor also changed? Did the WS reset the I-drive? Thanks.

44R;990043 said:

Then if I'm getting after mkt pads, do I still buy tis stock sensor?
Or should it be an after mkt part already?

horrible;990068 said:

I never heard of after market sensors though, I think it only comes with pads only (means you have to buy sensors separately)

Sensors are like a piece of thick wires connecting to the pads, somesort

horrible;990068 said:
Don't install also can. Juz got an error msg all the time to replace pad lor.

You will be still using stock sensor even with the after market brake pads.

horrible;990068 said:

MW, I've replaced the brake pads at a shop located in Wcega Plaza. No.1 Bukit Batok Crescent #02-32. S658064. Tel: 90276341 (Ah Ho). And yes, I had changed both the rear brake pads and the sensor. The shop just charged me a small amount for labour that you will not believed... They have also reset the i-drive using an external device. Btw, you can also diy from your OBC to reset it too. This is pretty simple.

MW;990049 said:
Hey 44R, where did u change your EBS and was the sensor also changed? Did the WS reset the I-drive? Thanks.

Was at a pro Beemer workshop today.
Quoted $180 just for labour to change e rear pads!

However They charged me $50 to replace e front n rear pads of my VW.

horrible;996463 said:
Was at a pro Beemer workshop today.
Quoted $180 just for labour to change e rear pads!

However They charged me $50 to replace e front n rear pads of my VW.

You can call up the sponsors here for a quote. My workshop B** charged me $60 for labour to change my front brake pads... but that was years ago...

Munich.. 353.50 before gst.. the full deal.. lubricant,sensor,pads,bake cleaner and of course labour..

Mileage done 33K

Centurion9990;988446 said:
I just checked... PML $550... workshop below $300...

My mileage is 30600KM n still haven change rear pads yet. Will be changin at 40K km. I got my rear pads n sensor at golden link n PML advise me to use their pads durin my next change as worried of the warranty issue. Knn its abt $500+ accordin to the SA.. I rather bring out to site sponsor to change n pay labour tts all

How would skimming help ? The SA recommends a replacement because rotor is thinned. Skimming make it even thinner.

Unless your rotors are warped ?

unfit;989308 said:
The SA told me normal lor...

He said E60 LCI is like that...

And PML dun do skimming rotor so must replace...HaiZ!

Red_Bean_Bun;997451 said:
How would skimming help ? The SA recommends a replacement because rotor is thinned. Skimming make it even thinner.

Unless your rotors are warped ?

He told me that it is uneven after 30k Km so skimming will take out 4mm of the rotor thickness...

So must replace new one every 30k km for my E60 lor...with new pads too...Sob Sob...

If you change to Brembos the you would need the Brembo sensors ......as in like after market in that sense ?

SapphireSpite;990070 said:
I never heard of after market sensors though, I think it only comes with pads only (means you have to buy sensors separately)

Sensors are like a piece of thick wires connecting to the pads, somesort

Last edited by a moderator:

unfit;997967 said:
He told me that it is uneven after 30k Km so skimming will take out 4mm of the rotor thickness...

So must replace new one every 30k km for my E60 lor...with new pads too...Sob Sob...

Something is seriously wrong when your rotors can be uneven after 30K km. Its not normal to chang we rotors every 30K km. You should have your car checked up.

LimPeh;998111 said:
Something is seriously wrong when your rotors can be uneven after 30K km. Its not normal to chang we rotors every 30K km. You should have your car checked up.

Maybe warped liao...

4mm is a lot. Any pulling to one side when you apply the brakes ?

unfit;997967 said:

LimPeh;998111 said:

SA said normal for E60 Lci...anyway I paid $885 to change both front rotor cum pad...

Red_Bean_Bun;998182 said:
4mm is a lot. Any pulling to one side when you apply the brakes ?

No special things happen...

Except the metal part of pad hitting the rotor...

So every 30k km gotto change new set...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feinsteinzeug

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back