Quite pissed.. 10 days after Warranty expires..3 issues popped up

Basker888

Apologies in advance... need to let go some steam... imagine 10 days after warranty expires, 3 gave me 3 presents -

Drive train warning ( 3 rd time in my 3 years ownership) , went to PML - first thing out of SA mouth is "Sir, warranty expired last week, need to pay $200+ for diagnostic, parts and labour to charge accordingly. I got a bit upset and told him off..finally agree to diagnose the issue/s.

3 hours later. SA called, Sir drive train due to 1) Fuel Pump 2) "Dun noe what" sensor and finally Sir your car battery also no good liao..need to change. Ask him how much ? He says......$......i told him assemble back, i want to take my car.

Any good recommendations from bros here to get 3 repaired at reasonable rate.. PML treat us like ATM.

Thanks in advance

So far I have only visited the following Site Sponsors, both are good

BVO - Tay 9825.8448
Sin Ming Industrial Estate

Revol- Gavin 9740.6855
AMK Ave 5 (near Seagate)

Search google for exact address

Call them up to get estimate quote first but be prepared that they will do a thorough inspection of your car and do not be alarmed if they detected something else that needs to be changed. 3 years is quite a long time, especially if you have only done simple oil change with PML all these while. A peace of mind, from my perspective, something that PML will probably not do.

Others members care to recommend other places??

Other mass-market brands give 5yrs, BMW's still remain at 3yrs.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Other mass-market brands give 5yrs, BMW's still remain at 3yrs.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
cannot... most BMW seals can tahan only 2-3 years before they start leaking.....sensors tahan 3-5 years (and many of them!) how to make money if give warranty 5 years?

i think you should have a case since it is only 1 week after the warranty expired. i managed to get 'goodwill' discount for my repairs even though the warranty has expired close to a year. with the goodwill discount, the price will be similar if not better than what you can get outside. and good thing is, PML will provide warranty for the parts that they changed.

try to talk to your SA. good luck.

I know what it feels like. Facing this same shit also and mine is just slightly after 3 years old. BMW (Bring More Worries). Sometimes feel like selling it. Wasted so much time going to the workshop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I paid only $1.2k for 2 years extended warranty becos have "promo". But car battery replacement is so "cheap". Only $790. Might as well change me $7900

I paid only $1.2k for 2 years extended warranty becos have "promo". But car battery replacement is so "cheap". Only $790. Might as well change me $7900

I changed mine outside PML few years back for S$240 + programming. $790 too heavy for my wallet.

I guessed sometimes PML have promo, maybe price reduced by 50% =>$395, then everyone will say PML good, got discount!! Good Marketing strategy!

I changed mine outside PML few years back for S$240 + programming. $790 too heavy for my wallet.

I guessed sometimes PML have promo, maybe price reduced by 50% =>$395, then everyone will say PML good, got discount!! Good Marketing strategy!

Now PML very clever already. When I asked them if warranty will void if I change battery outside PML, they told me if the non-BMW battery causes issues to the car, the warranty will be void. Fantastic ransom.

Now PML very clever already. When I asked them if warranty will void if I change battery outside PML, they told me if the non-BMW battery causes issues to the car, the warranty will be void. Fantastic ransom.

Anyway the original battery is 'supposed' to last more than 3 years. What warranty after that?? It lasted more than 5 years for my E60. I wonder whether ES sell original battery or not....

Best is for you to get the AGM battery, which is expensive. However, if you choose to use third party non-agm battery, you would end up screwing your FEM modules & etc... To put in simply, further damage. I don't think ES carries the AGM battery as last i heard, it is a controlled item by BMW Asia. If you need a workshop that is able to get the AGM battery, PM me!

Cheers

Hey guys...heard something new today..SPC RON95 may cause cranking difficulty for turbo charged engine. Courtesy from PML. Maybe when u have no confidence in resolving an issue, confusion is next.

Hey guys...heard something new today..SPC RON95 may cause cranking difficulty for turbo charged engine. Courtesy from PML. Maybe when u have no confidence in resolving an issue, confusion is next.
How accurate is the report? I have been pumping SPC 95!!

Yup...CS told me a number changed Non AGM battery and ended up with numerous electrical issues..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaiyuncc

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back