Poor service from Performance Motors

Poorpmlservice

I have bought 3 BMWs from PML at 303 Alexandra Rd over the last 15 years and bringing my car in for servicing never fails to be a really bad experience. Having a regular experience is a rarity.

It’s not that the service staff are rude. But despite the expansion into another workshop next door and renovation of 303, the Centre is still very poor is giving customers the right estimation of waiting time and coordination. U can book a appointment at 8am (first appt) but get to see the advisor only at 8.30pm. On the same day, the advisor can tell u tt the car wld be ready after 530pm. And when u get there at 6pm, the counter staff told u that the wait is at least 20mins and before you know it, it’s 40 mins later. You kind of wish tt they had informed you tt it might be better to pick up the car after the normal hours (which is possible).

In the same experience, the advisor was also unable to communicate properly via msging and required a phone call to sort out minor details. You almost feel like people with busy schedules should not be buying from performance motors.

And the experience has been consistently bad through my 15 years with PML. Need to remind myself the next time I buy a new car.

Waiting time is not very relevant I would think.People are willing to wait for hours to eat at a new restaurant without grumbling.An hour off here and there at a busy workshop is unavoidable

I have bought 3 BMWs from PML at 303 Alexandra Rd over the last 15 years and bringing my car in for servicing never fails to be a really bad experience. Having a regular experience is a rarity.

It’s not that the service staff are rude. But despite the expansion into another workshop next door and renovation of 303, the Centre is still very poor is giving customers the right estimation of waiting time and coordination. U can book a appointment at 8am (first appt) but get to see the advisor only at 8.30pm. On the same day, the advisor can tell u tt the car wld be ready after 530pm. And when u get there at 6pm, the counter staff told u that the wait is at least 20mins and before you know it, it’s 40 mins later. You kind of wish tt they had informed you tt it might be better to pick up the car after the normal hours (which is possible).

In the same experience, the advisor was also unable to communicate properly via msging and required a phone call to sort out minor details. You almost feel like people with busy schedules should not be buying from performance motors.

And the experience has been consistently bad through my 15 years with PML. Need to remind myself the next time I buy a new car.

Agreed. And you don't have to go PML for servicing just because its under warranty by them. With the new rules on "remove warranty restrictions on use of independent workshops." There are so many independent workshop specialized on Beemers out there with excellent service and at least 20-30% cheaper than PML. Save tons of time.
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...s-independent-workshops-warranty-void-9488024
Also: https://www.cccs.gov.sg/media-and-publications/media-releases/major-car-dealers-amend-warranty-terms

15 years at PML???!! Dude, most people stopped going to AD after the warranty is over (3 years max per new car)

Try the other site sponsors here, better customer service , diagnosis and workmanship. Been there done that. Personally tried BVO and Revol, excellent service, half price of what PML quoted and only takes almost half the time! From the review of other site users, the other site sponsors are equally good. Even had good reviews for MA even though both PML and MA are supposedly same 'parent'. (both are site sponsors btw)

Try one that is near your location and assess their capabilities for yourself. Cheers

Hi under warranty we can't service any other workshop beside PML right?
Or is BVO appointed by PML?
PML is the authorised dealer with its own workshop.

Have you tried kampong arang?

My 3.5 year old BMW was downed recently and I sent in to performance motor for repair in view of my 5 years warranty remains valid. To my shock that performance motor claimed that even though the car is still under warranty , they are unable to honor the warranty because I have an overdue service. I have never miss a service cycle and for the latest over due service, I have actually booked the servicing on early September before the car broke down. I am a 20 years loyal customer and performance motor do not treasure the relationship with the long standing customer. I just wanted to warn others that even your car is under warranty by performance motor, they can try to find fault and void your warranty. My relationship with performance motor will end here..….

My 3.5 year old BMW was downed recently and I sent in to performance motor for repair in view of my 5 years warranty remains valid. To my shock that performance motor claimed that even though the car is still under warranty , they are unable to honor the warranty because I have an overdue service. I have never miss a service cycle and for the latest over due service, I have actually booked the servicing on early September before the car broke down. I am a 20 years loyal customer and performance motor do not treasure the relationship with the long standing customer. I just wanted to warn others that even your car is under warranty by performance motor, they can try to find fault and void your warranty. My relationship with performance motor will end here..….

Have you tried appealing your case? By how long or mileage is the servicing overdue? There should be some buffer right?

was there EVER a black & white document detailing that if the vehicle has NOT been back to the dealership's workshop, the warranty will be void?

Not just Performance, but Cycle & Carriage, Wearnes etc? I definitely don't remember any of my past cars have these written down in the terms & condition, just " 3 years warranty or 100k, whichever is earlier..." type of thingy.

Closest is when we chat with the mechanic then they will reveal more 'info'

We all know its probably an unwritten rule but it is sooo vague. As consumers, we need these to be written down explicitly, for ALL vehicle makes, otherwise we should have someone spearhead a class-action lawsuit and shake the whole industry!!!!

.... but don't vote me, cause I'm too lazy.... :lol:

was there EVER a black & white document detailing that if the vehicle has NOT been back to the dealership's workshop, the warranty will be void?

Not just Performance, but Cycle & Carriage, Wearnes etc? I definitely don't remember any of my past cars have these written down in the terms & condition, just " 3 years warranty or 100k, whichever is earlier..." type of thingy.

Closest is when we chat with the mechanic then they will reveal more 'info'

We all know its probably an unwritten rule but it is sooo vague. As consumers, we need these to be written down explicitly, for ALL vehicle makes, otherwise we should have someone spearhead a class-action lawsuit and shake the whole industry!!!!

.... but don't vote me, cause I'm too lazy.... :lol:

Wasn't it put out somewhere that you don't need to go back to the agent for routine servicing AS long AS GENUINE parts were used ? Since a long time ago ?

Wasn't it put out somewhere that you don't need to go back to the agent for routine servicing AS long AS GENUINE parts were used ? Since a long time ago ?
Probably mentioned in Straits Times and such but I have not come across such clauses in the buyer/seller agreement documents during the purchase. This is the legal document that can hold the seller to honour their warranty. Maybe I did not notice the fine prints/terms.

Anyone still have their purchase documents able to verify this?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sabonginternationalai

Latest posts

Back