Polishing/protection - Brand New Car

Re: Polishing/protection - Brand New Car

kelnalevin;823498 said:
i am on Kancoat. Glass coating.

you can try ArtDeshine home
Mine is 'Glass Coat" too but not from Art de Shine.

I go to Green Genie, some kind of 'Synthetic Glass Shield". Been their customer for 9 years now.

My previous rides I used Diamond Britz and Glaze. My current ride is on Tough Seal.

Honestly, nothing tough.

I thorough wash and do a two-hour DIY waxing every fortnight. goot goot swee swee.

Baby1M;823506 said:

I go to Green Genie, some kind of 'Synthetic Glass Shield". Been their customer for 9 years now.

In pasir ris? I was wondering how good they are...

They do just washing of cars with some product right? Not really a PPS grooming type of company but more of a wash and wax type?

I have been using CS-II on every one of my cars because it is kinda like a glass coat that is friendly with any normal car wash, and no need further polishing/waxing. They give you 2 years warranty and touch-up for you free if glossiness drops by more than 10% (they got the meter thing to measure). Good experience with them so far personally.

MW;824314 said:
In pasir ris? I was wondering how good they are...

They do just washing of cars with some product right? Not really a PPS grooming type of company but more of a wash and wax type?
Washing service r just additional income they do, they started w/o washing services there, they 'side-lined' into washing after a customer (I 2nd it) suggested to them. Anyway no longer located there. It is pure Mobile now.

It is definitely not wax but a kind of sealant. How good they are? Well, cannot give a grading but good enough for me to stay with them for 9 years.
If there's a chance to meet, u can take a look at my ride and judge for yourself... based on a S$70-100 per treatment (depending on car size) once every 3-months so 1 or 2 years is S$280-$400 or S$560-$800 respectively.

U can call me supporting a SG retiree when his product is comparable to top brands even when his may not be the best... but what is best? :lol2:

Last edited by a moderator:
kelnalevin;823498 said:
i am on Kancoat. Glass coating.

you can try ArtDeshine home

Just did my F10 there today and it's still as amazing the kind of gloss they could bring out. Had been with them since my previous ride which was a Golf GTI. The water repelling is so good that after driving through the rain, it still look shiny instead of dirty.

Points to note:
- Original clear coat is the BEST (from germany).
- Polishing will thin down the clear coat.
- After-marking over-coat is good to protect the original clear coat without hard polishing.

To protect original clear coat:
a) use after-market over-coat
b) avoid polishing to thin down this clear coat
c) proper way to wash the car since this is done more frequently than polishing......every week.

My proper way of washing:
1) Never use shampoo with wax to wash car
2) wash car when the surface is NOT hot/warm.
3) Jet with water to remove loose sand, dirt etc
4) wash with soft cloth using "up-down" stroke movement, NEVER use "left-right" movement. very gentle stroke, not hard rubbing.
5) use different cloth for car body and lower car body (front/rear bumper, side skirt)
6) when drying, NEVER use "up-down" or "left-right" movement, USE "tapping". This will really reduce a lot of unwanted scratches caused by washing and drying.

Hint: To see if the groomer are good and delicate, watch how they wash the car.....:)

I learn from my friend...he is very good in this and his car is....no horse run, all diy himself.

:)

stevenwu;826739 said:
Points to note:
- Original clear coat is the BEST (from germany).
- Polishing will thin down the clear coat.
- After-marking over-coat is good to protect the original clear coat without hard polishing.

To protect original clear coat:
a) use after-market over-coat
b) avoid polishing to thin down this clear coat
c) proper way to wash the car since this is done more frequently than polishing......every week.

My proper way of washing:
1) Never use shampoo with wax to wash car
2) wash car when the surface is NOT hot/warm.
3) Jet with water to remove loose sand, dirt etc
4) wash with soft cloth using "up-down" stroke movement, NEVER use "left-right" movement. very gentle stroke, not hard rubbing.
5) use different cloth for car body and lower car body (front/rear bumper, side skirt)
6) when drying, NEVER use "up-down" or "left-right" movement, USE "tapping". This will really reduce a lot of unwanted scratches caused by washing and drying.

Hint: To see if the groomer are good and delicate, watch how they wash the car.....:)

I learn from my friend...he is very good in this and his car is....no horse run, all diy himself.

:)

Steven, may I know what is "After-marking over-coat"?
Anyway agreed with what you said, quality post.

C3P0;826832 said:
Steven, may I know what is "After-marking over-coat"?
Anyway agreed with what you said, quality post.

I put it in general term "After market over-coat" , means sealent, glass coat etc...They all serves the same purposes, to protect the clear coat layer of the paint.

Polishing actually remove a thin layer of the clear coat so if done it too often, then when it hit the paint layer, say bye bye to your paint work....:)

stevenwu;827205 said:
I put it in general term "After market over-coat" , means sealent, glass coat etc...They all serves the same purposes, to protect the clear coat layer of the paint.

Polishing actually remove a thin layer of the clear coat so if done it too often, then when it hit the paint layer, say bye bye to your paint work....:)

I see. What brand are you using? I am looking for a non so difficult to clean up the mess kind of over coat. :p

Can't remember the brand BUT bought it from Chandra......He said he is trying this new product and if response is good, he will bring in more.........very easy to apply and no need to clean-up .....BEST of all, it lasts......

Just clay the surface if necessary then apply......no need to polish.

I did it once every 2-3 months myself.

For me, I pay a lot of attention on my washing, most of the fine scratches are resulted of bad washing habit.

stevenwu;827362 said:
Can't remember the brand BUT bought it from Chandra......He said he is trying this new product and if response is good, he will bring in more.........very easy to apply and no need to clean-up .....BEST of all, it lasts......

For me, I pay a lot of attention on my washing, most of the fine scratches are resulted of bad washing habit.

Ok thanks for info.

Agreed on the part on washing.....

stevenwu;827362 said:

Hi can u wash n groom my car? I buy you chicken rice....if chicken only, u can ask robot the spring chicken lover

MW;827408 said:
Hi can u wash n groom my car? I buy you chicken rice....if chicken only, u can ask robot the spring chicken lover

I can teach you how to wash but too lazy to groom these days.......Robot sells "spring chicken" ?

For my previous car, i never polished once even after 1.5 years. I just washed my car with water and shampoo every once monthly or bImonthly. after rinsing, i will pour 2-3 caps of Hi-Glaze sealant into a pail of water and then wipe down my car with it before drying it. The car will give a mirror finish after that.

For new car paint protection (I reckon that's what they call it?..), which would you guys strongly recommend pls?

Glare, Tough seal, or?

Help, help...

I wash my car once in 2 months ...... Parked it under the sun and rain most of the time ..... So far still look ok.

PPS works .....

Red_Bean_Bun;933758 said:
I wash my car once in 2 months ...... Parked it under the sun and rain most of the time ..... So far still look ok.

PPS works .....

Sorry, I couldnt locate which PPS you used?

Revol diamondbrite ...... Suppose to prevent white cars turning yellow......

Black Beauuuty;933759 said:
Sorry, I couldnt locate which PPS you used?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
betonstein1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back