PML well done again

joshdway

a friend of mine noticed her M54 engine was leaking engine oil. having her engine oil replaced just about a week ago at PML, she brought it back to have it looked at, thinking it might have been job that wasn't done well. i agreed that it might be as simple as a o-ring not seated correctly or oil drain plug not tighten as it should.

PML (thru a CSA) told her that the job was done as it should, reason why it is leaking is because of bababbabab (she can't remember exactly what he said, besides its was quite abit of technical jargon) and because her car is old (under 6 yrs, 70,000km), hence the leak.

she asked for a quotation to have the leak fixed at PML. 3 days later, a 2 page quotation came in.
description includes:

1. removing and installing/sealing cylinder head cover 165
2. replacing crankshaft radial oil seal 1045
and the list goes on.................

all in all, labour was quoted at over 2.2k

parts needed includes (but not exhaustive):

sealing compund, gasket steel, profile gaskets, gasket ring
at-adj unit (doppel vanos) @ 1148, o ring, shaft seal, engine oil pan gasket and it goes on.......

total of 1.5k for parts

after GST, quote came in for just over 4k! :whattheh:

i told her its a lot of money to spend on a 'old' car. so i send her down to another independent garage for a 2nd opinion.

she went, told the chap she has a oil leak issue, he took a flash light, looked down the engine bay and within 30 seconds said 'should be the oil filter housing gasket that is leaking'.

she has it fixed for just over 200 and monitored it for 3 days. no more leak.

this is just amazing. kinda showed how competent the guys at PML are. to be fair, i am referring to the CSA and not their mechanic now. as the interface was entirely with the CSA.

200 VS 4000. that to me means PML was 20 times wrong, or 20 times upselling/conning their customers :liar:

so once again, well done PML

btw, she is one of those who service their cars faithfully at PML, even post warranty. i quite sure, not anymore

Re: PML well done again

To be frank, PML still better than TWM and Khang.

PML - please thank me

BMW quite rock one, no matter who services it

hey ... somebody has to pay for the free kopi (sorry, it's latte high class one) and cup cake

i'm pissed off with MA too ... in my last service i specially ask for pre-warranty check and pay for its service
but, they told me ... my car is steady poon pi pi ... pass with flying colours ... later i go claim warranty rear light spoilt ...
the pre-warranty check service probably is open hood + close hood ... Checked!
the good thing about MA is fast appt because not many make appt with MA .... yet

Last edited by a moderator:

thumbs up for the good workshops out there that are able to advise customers correctly....without a "change the whole thing SOP n burn a whole in the pocket"

joshdway;744013 said:
a friend of mine noticed her M54 engine was leaking engine oil. having her engine oil replaced just about a week ago at PML, she brought it back to have it looked at, thinking it might have been job that wasn't done well. i agreed that it might be as simple as a o-ring not seated correctly or oil drain plug not tighten as it should.

PML (thru a CSA) told her that the job was done as it should, reason why it is leaking is because of bababbabab (she can't remember exactly what he said, besides its was quite abit of technical jargon) and because her car is old (under 6 yrs, 70,000km), hence the leak.

she asked for a quotation to have the leak fixed at PML. 3 days later, a 2 page quotation came in.
description includes:

1. removing and installing/sealing cylinder head cover 165
2. replacing crankshaft radial oil seal 1045
and the list goes on.................

all in all, labour was quoted at over 2.2k

parts needed includes (but not exhaustive):

sealing compund, gasket steel, profile gaskets, gasket ring
at-adj unit (doppel vanos) @ 1148, o ring, shaft seal, engine oil pan gasket and it goes on.......

total of 1.5k for parts

after GST, quote came in for just over 4k! :whattheh:

i told her its a lot of money to spend on a 'old' car. so i send her down to another independent garage for a 2nd opinion.

she went, told the chap she has a oil leak issue, he took a flash light, looked down the engine bay and within 30 seconds said 'should be the oil filter housing gasket that is leaking'.

she has it fixed for just over 200 and monitored it for 3 days. no more leak.

this is just amazing. kinda showed how competent the guys at PML are. to be fair, i am referring to the CSA and not their mechanic now. as the interface was entirely with the CSA.

200 VS 4000. that to me means PML was 20 times wrong, or 20 times upselling/conning their customers :liar:

so once again, well done PML

btw, she is one of those who service their cars faithfully at PML, even post warranty. i quite sure, not anymore

i tot u guys already paid for it with that fat profit margin when u guys bought your rides....haha

wt_know;744023 said:
hey ... somebody has to pay for the free kopi (sorry, it's latte high class one) and cup cake

i'm pissed off with MA too ... in my last service i specially ask for pre-warranty check and pay for its service
but, they told me ... my car is steady poon pi pi ... pass with flying colours ... later i go claim warranty rear light spoilt ...
the good thing about MA is fast appt because not many make appt with MA .... yet

if buy F30 320 or F10 520 ... pretty much LL PML again :biggun:
PML will speak with obscene atas tone ... our sales figure demonstrates how great the company is

sszone;744037 said:
i tot u guys already paid for it with that fat profit margin when u guys bought your rides....haha

wt_know;744023 said:

If rear LED spoilt, cannot detect lah. How come nowadays things spoit so fast?

My E39 rear lite spoit after 8 yrs. Still go lite because error msg keep coming up.

KNN PML just serviced my strawberry F02, and despite my instructions for them NOT to top up the stupid washer fluid, they proceeded to top it up and charged me $11.20 before GST for it.

Not say I kiam, but I acherly HATE the stupid washer fluid addictive ... leaves streaks on my windscreen!

Grumble some more... went in with fuel consumption indicator at 7.2km/l, came out with FC indicator at 6.9km/l. I guess those fcukers there just left the engine on idle and enjoyed the aircon while servicing my car!

No, they used it for wedding convoy

you have been pml-ed ... welcome

wobbles;744132 said:
KNN PML just serviced my strawberry F02, and despite my instructions for them NOT to top up the stupid washer fluid, they proceeded to top it up and charged me $11.20 before GST for it.

Not say I kiam, but I acherly HATE the stupid washer fluid addictive ... leaves streaks on my windscreen!

Grumble some more... went in with fuel consumption indicator at 7.2km/l, came out with FC indicator at 6.9km/l. I guess those fcukers there just left the engine on idle and enjoyed the aircon while servicing my car!

wt_know;744023 said:

wah liao...bulb filament fail after pre-warranty check pass you blame AD!!!!

your house light bulb fail... you blame osram, philips or thomas edison??!

ok .. i forgot to mention i went in with the "bulb" already FAILED and they still tell me my car is steady poon pi pi upon collection
btw, rear light (inner one) don't have persistent CEL reminder unlike signal / brake / etc
and yes, i purposely don't tell them the rear light spoilt as i don't wish they only change the rear light and say everything perfect
at the end, i still claim warranty for the rear light as my warranty has not expired
the point is the "quality" of pre-warranty check service

jasonmaxima;744143 said:
wah liao...bulb filament fail after pre-warranty check pass you blame AD!!!!

your house light bulb fail... you blame osram, philips or thomas edison??!

320/520 is bread&butter low entry model .... PI pricing might not be as good as AD

for PI ... most buyers go for high end like 335/535 with high specs and msport

Terras14;744206 said:
Pi dun sell f30/ f10?

sherman0888;744020 said:
PML got alot of chio bu

Sure or not?

Chio bus or Lao gohs?

Can't be every time I'm there, all the chio bus off day?

But did meet a couple from non sales that weren't too bad

wobbles;744132 said:

Hahahha

Thought I was the only one who is kuai pi enough when I see my km/l go down

Not anything abt the petrol but I just don't like leaving the engine running unnecessarily

I also like it if I get my cars back with AC temperature and radio channel at what I left them at!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rony73

Latest posts

Back