Parking Sensor for year 2004 520

Auburn

Re: Parking Sensor for year 2004 520

aberdourpunk said:
Convinced my in-law to buy a new 520 instead of a Merc a few months ago (in March 2004). Beautiful car except that we could not get the parking sensors installed.

Tried Performance Motors - they are absolutely useless! Could not tell us when or if ever it will be available. That's not what the salesmand said when he was convincing us to sign on the dotted line. Not impressed with their service at all :evil: . Maybe we should have stuck with the Merc.

Also tried after market installers but they were too afraid to touch the car because of the complicated electronics.

Can anyone there help?

I am using the after market concealed reverse sensor for my 2004 520i. Been reliable so far. U can look for Terence at ASPEC at the SIN MING AUTO CARE. Tel 91005500.

If you get the BMW PDC, it has a visual display on the E60 which is really cool!
Why can't it be retrofitted?

As far as I know, PDC for E60 is not available as a dealer fitted option yet, many other nice things you see are also still not available.

A friend of mine had his 520 fitted with BumperCare at Juzz on the very day he collected his car. Juzz must have done a lot of this work. You can give them a try.

Far prefer to have the original PDC. But will have to live with after market assessories for now. Thanks guys, I will give Juzz and Aspec a try.

I am using the after market concealed reverse sensor for my 2004 520i. Been reliable so far. U can look for Terence at ASPEC at the SIN MING AUTO CARE. Tel 91005500.

A friend of mine had his 520 fitted with BumperCare at Juzz on the very day he collected his car. Juzz must have done a lot of this work. You can give them a try.

Any idea how much is the cost for these 2 packages? sounds interesting...

DS_1 said:

They are both similar accessories. Should be abt $200?

DS_1 said:

Dan,

I think Bumpercare good enuff liao. That is the stuff I told u abt on the phone the last time round.

i also have bumper care. my experience is that it's very cranky. beeps for no reason, and doesnt beep when you're near.

Auburn & Andy (T6),

Thanks very much for helping with the info.

Racebred,
I heard that it beeps also when you put metal stuffs in the boot, is it true?

Dan

I was at PML last week, enquiring about the PDC with Adrian (?) from Parts. He told me that one 520i had been installed and PML is doing the testing now, so far it is working perfectly ok, but it needs more time to monitor if the PDC will konk out. Until now there is no approval from BMW Asia yet, PML is trying to get more 520i owners to register their interests and will submit the list to BMW Asia. I don't understand the logic behind this exercise. Can means can, cannot means you gotta make it can, as simple as that. Adrian expects the price to be around $3k all in, inclusive of labour and discounts.

Think that they want to test out the system first. Later, install into all the cars then all give problem, a lot of people will be unhappy. So why not take a little time to test the system first to make sure of the reliability. At the same time, conduct a little marketing test to see how many interested parties are there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vla-fiatarap2023

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back