Optimum Tyre Pressure for Michelin PS2

johnhiggin

Well-Known Member
Hi DC3

Can u give more feedback?

Price of tyre?
noise level- comfort or noise
softer or harder ride etc?
 
Hi DC3

Can u give more feedback?

Price of tyre?
noise level- comfort or noise
softer or harder ride etc?
 
Think 35 PSI is about right... CSC1s are performance tyres but I feel that they are not as good as the PS and Pirellis. The PS2s are a good choice man.
:thumbsup:
 
johnhiggin said:
Hi DC3

Can u give more feedback?

Price of tyre?
noise level- comfort or noise
softer or harder ride etc?

Price around $330 each but bought with rims so a package price less than that. Didn't shop around as I wanted a package deal.

Nosie - definitely more than CSC1 but not as much as I had expected. Still within tolerable limits. I would say 20% noiser.

Comfort - better now that the tyres are more run-in. I upgraded from 16 to 17in so the ride would definitely be harder, but again better than I expected for a performance tyre.

The bottom line is that the difference is not noticable to my wife, till I told her the rims and tyres were changed!

I must say that the handling has improved tremendously with increased steering feel, more accurate steering/tracking and of course grip. Even accerleration feels more lively (also possibly due to the light BBS RK rims - thanks to Piggy for his recommendation!)

On a side note, the PS2 is very significantly lighter than the Bridgestone SO3 as the tyre dealer showed me both tyres before installation.

Can't go wrong with the tyre...only gripe is the price! SO3s are $60 cheaper!
 
"Can't go wrong with the tyre...only gripe is the price! SO3s are $60 cheaper!"

For 240 bux difference in total price, it's well worth it IMO.

Cheers
 
TripleM said:
"Can't go wrong with the tyre...only gripe is the price! SO3s are $60 cheaper!"

For 240 bux difference in total price, it's well worth it IMO.

Cheers

I really don think so....... PS2 and PS got the same tyre wear rating and having used both S03 and PS, and now PS2, S03 only got a lifespan of 20k km and my PS lasted 60k with 5 track days....

So i will choose a Michelin over Bridgestone over any day.....
 
Re: Optimum Tyre Pressure for Michelin PS2

DC3 said:
Just changed to PS2 225/45/17 at PSI 35 front and rear. Astounding grip compared to CSC1 (and I thought CSC1 was a "performance" tyre!). But find the ride a tad bumpy and steering a bit twitchy. Any ideas what the optimum pressures are? :)


So Doc, what rims did u finally get ??

Don know about PSI but the pressure should be around 2.4kPa all round, or u can have the front at 2.3 and rear at 2.5kPa

It's said that the Michelin has got soft sidewall so u need to bump in a little more air to let it grip better while cornering...

Congrats ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: Optimum Tyre Pressure for Michelin PS2

So Doc, what rims did u finally get ??

Don know about PSI but the pressure should be around 2.4kPa all round, or u can have the front at 2.3 and rear at 2.5kPa

It's said that the Michelin has got soft sidewall so u need to bump in a little more air to let it grip better while cornering...

Congrats ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I got the BBS RK rims, the ones you recommended as one of the lightest around. Much cheaper (and lighter) than BMW rims but not so chio :(
 
Re: Optimum Tyre Pressure for Michelin PS2

DC3 said:
I got the BBS RK rims, the ones you recommended as one of the lightest around. Much cheaper (and lighter) than BMW rims but not so chio :(

How can u say my rims not chio ?? hahahah !!! :laughlik: :laughlik:
 
piggyboyz said:
TripleM said:
"Can't go wrong with the tyre...only gripe is the price! SO3s are $60 cheaper!"

For 240 bux difference in total price, it's well worth it IMO.

Cheers

I really don think so....... PS2 and PS got the same tyre wear rating and having used both S03 and PS, and now PS2, S03 only got a lifespan of 20k km and my PS lasted 60k with 5 track days....

So i will choose a Michelin over Bridgestone over any day.....

That is exactly my point...
It's well worth it to pay 240bux extra to get PS2....
 
Not yet leh...
I would like to stick to the factory specs so still waiting...Can't wait for that one to come.
 
I know..will c how it goes, right now my tires are enough to last for a few more months...
 
I drive with a set of 17" PS tyres on BMW Type 50 rims, so would the optimum tyre pressure be 35psi as well? I was recommended to adjust the pressure to 32psi. Wat's the correct pressure then?
 
Re: Optimum Tyre Pressure for Michelin PS2

piggyboyz said:
DC3 said:
I got the BBS RK rims, the ones you recommended as one of the lightest around. Much cheaper (and lighter) than BMW rims but not so chio :(

How can u say my rims not chio ?? hahahah !!! :laughlik: :laughlik:

:oops: OOPS! Sorry man, didn't know you use the RK also! I think we both got great taste! :)
 
Steel Blue said:
I drive with a set of 17" PS tyres on BMW Type 50 rims, so would the optimum tyre pressure be 35psi as well? I was recommended to adjust the pressure to 32psi. Wat's the correct pressure then?

There is nothing wrong to set it to 32psi but if u like sprited driving, u can raised the pressure a little as the sidewall of PS tyre is very soft and tends to flex while hard corner so a lot of ppl recommends that u bump the pressure up by a few psi to stiffen it up and it will push out the full potential of the tyre...

Slightly higher pressure is also easy on the petrol consumption but u get slightly more bumpy ride....
 
Back
Top