Official 2012 BMWSG Sepang Track Day Thread

Re: Official 2012 BMWSG Sepang Track Day Thread

6 for me........

cheers

6!

"Build it and they will come!" :D

I'd love to support for more track days, for sure.
But I have a very practical question. Let's say demand does fall. After consuming the track session (with little participants), who pay ah?
I mean, I will pay up first at the office to settle the bill, but where will the shortfall come from?

ok i've thought about it. once the reserves comes down to 20 cars x 450rm = 9000rm, i'll start rebuilding it by charging more the following td. hopefully price elasticity is not significant. We are currently S$2k above that lower limit.

from the above feedback, we're settling at between 5-6 tds for next year.

If there's shortfall, if no one minds, I can get a bunch of guys to join... don't worry all gentlemen drivers. Can also buy a trackday or two over from BMWsg if the shortfall is very bad.

yup. default will be saturday mornings, less they are full.. then we gotta move to sat afternoons, or else other days.

Opening Balance: S$3,414 + rm5,764
Add Track Fees: (39 x $190) + (2 x $40 + 1 x 100rm)
Less Track Rental: (rm18000) S$7415.76 (exchange rate used is 2.427)
Closing Balance: S$3,489 + rm5,864

I have included one participant's $190 for simplicity although I havent received it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have posted the registration for the Aug 19 TD. The registration fee is S$250, the admin fee will be $5, and $245 will be recorded. There will be no admin fee for ringgit payments as it is already a nice round number.

For 2013 track bookings, I have requested and managed to get 5 weekend morning dates. I have tried to spread them out in a 2-3 month regular interval, I have however gotten April (instead of late Feb or Early Mar for the first date), May, July, Sept, Nov.

My thought process:
Since our last session in 2012 is in Dec,
in 2013 Jan is out, Feb is out due to CNY (15 days of it), and Mar is F1.
April is too close to May our second session.

Thus, taking into consideration the change in demand trend of our track days, the next most logical solution is to take the April 7 Sun morning date, and drop the May 4th sat morning date. Making our booking a total of 4 sessions for 2013 (instead of 5)

I've gone through the year's calendar over and over again, and this seems to be the most logical way to book our track days for 2013.

So, subject to the confirmation of the racing calendar, our tentative booked dates are
April 7th
May 4th (which i intend to drop)
Jul 6th
Sep 14th
Nov 9th

Dropping the May TD sounds like a good idea. Better spread between the track days. It's also true that the take-up rate of track days have been dropping recently. So I feel 4 track days for 2013 is just nice.

Why not keep the May date as a low volume TD for those interested ? Don't mind paying a bit more for low volume.

And wow -- there will be a 4+ month gap between the last TD in Dec 2012 and the first TD in Apr 2013 ! Gotta find a way to prevent being rusty ...

Wouldn't mind keeping the May date (and potentially paying a bit more for a low volume trackday) as well. Is there likely to be at least a core group of regulars to make this a viable option?

Question is, what constitutes low volume? Presently we have a few low 30s turnout track days. How did these feel?
We only have enough funds to tahan half a trackday, so once committed, we have to stick to it. My concern is, how do I balance the books.
Let's say low volume = 20 cars. This means each car is rm1200. If have market, plus commitment, perhaps I can take a 50% deposit first, then I can keep the may date. If not, my default is to give it up.
I'd confirm the 2013 dates by aug 19. So we can use the time now to repare and commit to the low volume may4 date.

Elite;854884 said:
Why not keep the May date as a low volume TD for those interested ? Don't mind paying a bit more for low volume.

And wow -- there will be a 4+ month gap between the last TD in Dec 2012 and the first TD in Apr 2013 ! Gotta find a way to prevent being rusty ...

Unfortunately the 2013 cny plus formula 1 really makes it difficult to get a logical date based on our last 2012 td being in december. So, I have planned *really* ahead to make our last 2013 td in november considering the 2014 cny is likely to be on 31 jan 2014. Thus, we can aim for mid jan 2014, or end feb 2014 for a logical spread.

Planning for td is headache.

Agree. Unless there is a confirmed number of guys who can commit now and put down some form of deposit, it's safer to drop one of the track days. All it takes is one under-subscribed track day and we'll be in the red.

Opening Balance: S$3,489 + rm5,864
Add Track Fees: (S$180 x 38 ) + (S$40 x 4) + (rm450 x 2)
Less Track Rental: (rm18000 = S$7324.80 @ 2.457)
Closing Balance: S$3164 + rm6764

Also, I managed to get a January date for 2013. So as it turns out, we could have 5 track days in 2013: Jan, Apr, Jul, Sep, Nov. Finalisation of dates will be announced when I confirm their quotation. Pls be advised track rental is now rm24k per 3-hour session. And thus expect your track days in 2013 to cost rm24k/40 = rm600 per car.

What? SIC upped it again....
Insane.., knowing Spore circuit aint happening.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alo789inorg

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back