ODYSSEY Lightweight Battery Review

hetraa

Legendary 10 Years
Wanting to trim some fats off my E60, I decided to install a lightweight battery for my E60.
After doing some research, found out theres a couple of brands out there..namely
Braille, Voltphreaks, Deka, Odyssey.. Forummer Gadaffi brings in the Odyssey, so i contacted him and said 'whaddup dawg.'

The weight of the E60 stock battery is around 28kg. It is so damn heavy if u
try carry it with 2 hands and run with it. U'll probably get a slipped disc and a PES C.

size_comparison_batts.jpg

The PC925 model i bought from Gadaffi is weighing at 11.8kg, which means
a total weight saving of 16.2kg, around the weight of a heavy ass 20 inch rim like the Breyton. U could swing the Odyssey with one hand.

SNC00132.jpg

SNC00131.jpg

Installation was done at Gadaffi's recommended workshop.
Some slight modifications had to be done as the stock batt is double the size of the odyssey.
SNC00133.jpg

SNC00134.jpg

SNC00135.jpg

The mechanics made 2 brackets to hold on the batt, to reduce any free play during driving n hard braking.

The effect?
My rear wheel clearance moved from 1 finger gap to 2 fingers, can definitely feel the car lighter and more eager to go. Its like pumping half tank instead of full.
Performs similar to the stock batt, Scanguage tells me voltage is hovering around 13.3-13.5V,
Morning cranks are normal.
I highly recommend this battery if yrs is due for a change. It's lifespan is apparently 5-8 yrs, way longer than the stock batt's 2-5 yr lifespan. Even though its pricier than the stock, the durability n marginal quicker takeoff makes up for it.

Pls contact Gadaffi for pricing! Hes a cool dude with a screamin' evo.:)

Re: ODYSSEY Lightweight Battery Review

Yeah, looks like half the size.

Does the amphere match? or close to it... eg. 69amps or 72 amp .... or something like that..

For me, I don't mind the weight so long as it can tahan...

hetraa;425002 said:
Wanting to trim some fats off my E60, I decided to install a lightweight battery for my E60.
After doing some research, found out theres a couple of brands out there..namely
Braille, Voltphreaks, Deka, Odyssey.. Forummer Gadaffi brings in the Odyssey, so i contacted him and said 'whaddup dawg.'

try carry it with 2 hands and run with it. U'll probably get a slipped disc and a PES C.

size_comparison_batts.jpg

The PC925 model i bought from Gadaffi is weighing at 11.8kg, which means
a total weight saving of 16.2kg, around the weight of a heavy ass 20 inch rim like the Breyton. U could swing the Odyssey with one hand.

SNC00132.jpg

SNC00131.jpg

Installation was done at Gadaffi's recommended workshop.
Some slight modifications had to be done as the stock batt is double the size of the odyssey.
SNC00133.jpg

SNC00134.jpg

SNC00135.jpg

The mechanics made 2 brackets to hold on the batt, to reduce any free play during driving n hard braking.

The effect?
My rear wheel clearance moved from 1 finger gap to 2 fingers, can definitely feel the car lighter and more eager to go. Its like pumping half tank instead of full.
Performs similar to the stock batt, Scanguage tells me voltage is hovering around 13.3-13.5V,
Morning cranks are normal.
I highly recommend this battery if yrs is due for a change. It's lifespan is apparently 5-8 yrs, way longer than the stock batt's 2-5 yr lifespan. Even though its pricier than the stock, the durability n marginal quicker takeoff makes up for it.

Pls contact Gadaffi for pricing! Hes a cool dude with a screamin' evo.:)

thanks for the review hetraa. Glad that you are happy wit the service they provide n of coz the odyssey battery.
Great customer with black beauty e60, awesome ride!!

gadaffi;425049 said:
thanks for the review hetraa. Glad that you are happy wit the service they provide n of coz the odyssey battery.

can u PM price for my ref?
I m on E60 LCI too.

Thanks for your PM.

Will KIV. As my e90 just only 2 mths old!

But wow! nobody gives two years warranty. Not even AAS where in the past... the longest is 18 months and less ... (1 year at most)

gadaffi;425049 said:

JLMC;425055 said:
can u PM price for my ref?
I m on E60 LCI too.

pm sent...

Ah Lian;425105 said:
Thanks for your PM.

Will KIV. As my e90 just only 2 mths old!

But wow! nobody gives two years warranty. Not even AAS where in the past... the longest is 18 months and less ... (1 year at most)

thank you for your interest.
the warranty is good as odyssey batteries are military grade and have endured rigorous test.

hetraa;425002 said:
try carry it with 2 hands and run with it. The PC925 model i bought from Gadaffi is weighing at 11.8kg, which means
a total weight saving of 16.2kg,

The effect?
My rear wheel clearance moved from 1 finger gap to 2 fingers,

Brother your spring gotta be very very very soft lah if 16.2kg is 1 finger gap. YOu got check suspension?

he lost weight too but he didnt mention haha

really man, its 2 fingers now...im on medium hard on PSS9. MAYBE also cos my petrol is near empty...but i was shocked man... gota schedule another lowering session.

centurion;425131 said:
Brother your spring gotta be very very very soft lah if 16.2kg is 1 finger gap. YOu got check suspension?

Looks great, but too costly leh... you might wanna try this brand. SANTOBATT. Similar function, reasonable price.
Cheers.

takeshi28;428031 said:
Looks great, but too costly leh... you might wanna try this brand. SANTOBATT. Similar function, reasonable price.
Cheers.

Please dont OT Hetraa's thread. Go n have a new thread to promote..
compare an apple with an apple.
Thanks!

hey, cool down man... just wana share not promoting leh.. why get so work out??

Hi gadaffi,

The Google search engine leads me to this forum.

My 2 wheels BMW needs a new battery. I am considering an Odyssey PC680 as an alternative to the stock battery carry by PML.

I would appreciate if you could advice me on the stock availability of the PC680 as well as the price. As I am a new forum member and unable to send or receive any PM until I posted more than 10 messages, I can be contacted at "clphang at hot mail dot com"

Thanks.

Cheers,
Phang

bro gadaffi... cld u plz contact me too... itz regardingz ur odyssey batteries...

Shawnz...

thankz!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

5 months later, battery is running really well. Was away on a trip for more than 20 days and it fired up with no prob.

hetraa;463327 said:
5 months later, battery is running really well. Was away on a trip for more than 20 days and it fired up with no prob.

Great to know that bro!! u will never go wrong with this brand, u paid for the reliability.
Thanks for the honest input

Will be having a special promo for a group buy.

interested in the group buy~

pilotsnoopy;463621 said:
interested in the group buy~

ok will update u soon. Need 5 and above for the GB

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members