Noise while reversing, what could be the cause ?

Racebred

Core Group Members
could the whirring sound come from the differential?

and the vibration, could be a case of too-low idling speed. either check your idling valve or increase your idling speed electronically at PML.

The winding noise while reversing can be due to the rear diff. Ur 318i has got very high ratio for reversing so it might just be that. U can get the oil change if u want..

As for the vibration, like RB said, might be low rpm or it might be some engine mount loose but the Vicom ppl will not be able to pick it up during inspection.

Get those reputable workshop who know our car and they will be able to point u in the right direction pretty easily..

People, thanks for the reply. BTW, what is the "differential" that you are referring to ? :thinking:

Rear differntial is e final drive of the car. The thing that is ubder ur rear seat, in the middle of the car that extends out to the control arm of the car

On the vibration, it could also be the engine mounts..that are worn out - of course the idle control valve is more likely culprit

Re: Noise while reversing, what could be the cause ?

Two days ago I had an issue while reversing my car, there were loud crucking sound coming from the front portion (maybe bonnet) when I was reversing the car. I had my car sent to PML workshop and they could not found anything wrong with the car. I drove it back and all was fine till last night, it happen again. I had it recorded down [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J_itDo6Vv0]YouTube - IMG 0801[/ame]

Anyone has the same issue ? Anyone know the cause of this ?

Looking forward to know what's happening.

BTW, the car model is 318i and about 3 months old.

Does not sound right....at least you now have video evidence to show PML.

go bang table and ask them to fix it.
it might concern safety issue !!!

sounds very wrong... jus like my honda stream when reversing, got the similar sound, but mine is exos hitting bodykit...

jackmok;572118 said:
sounds very wrong... jus like my honda stream when reversing, got the similar sound, but mine is exos hitting bodykit...

How did you solve it ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n666in1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back