Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Noise from centre console - E90

zondervan

Hi,

I have gone to PML 5-6 times; clocked easily 2 mths of workshop time for the same issue.
Got this "clack" noise coming from the centre aircon vents of the dashboard; PML & BMW engr removed dashboard, windscreen etc and finally concluded noise to be coming from the reinforcement plates at the firewall where the v-shaped strut-bars converge towards the centre of the car. In fact this is a new design that's suppose to improve the stability of the car when cornering at high speeds. (You can see this when you open the bonnet)
Noise comes on & off when car moves over uneven roads/humps & esp. in the morning when the car just moves off. PML & BMW pumped some insulating material into the plates, but the noise has only reduced slightly.
Wonder any of you have this experience, since its a design issue & therefore most, if not all E90s should have it. Or has this got to do with my low noise tolerance??
I am still waiting for a permanent solution from BMW/PML, or does anyone have experience resolving this??

PLs help!!:confused:

Re: Noise from centre console - E90

afaik i haven't had such issues with center console noises.. only the old window seal noises that were rectified...

hope your problem gets rectified!

Back