New here

Melvinzzz

Hi all seniors do you have any advice if a BMW 1 series has 3 change of owners with low mileage(50k) is it worth the purchase or it’s not advisable. Car left around 1 year 10 months

do you intend to renew COE or just short term drive? left 1yr 10 mths....pricing should be scrap value + body....if its good value for money...why not? But send to trusted workshop for check before committing

It’s just for short term drive , but only I have to purchase then I could send to a Workshop to check how would the shop allow me to do that without purchase. Any workshop to recommend.. my worries is it’s jinx hmmm maybe something bad will happen to the driver... haha think too much

I know which car you are talking about. It’s not uncommon for a car to change hands 3 times (including first owner) over a span of 8 years. But first of all, do you trust the mileage? Do you trust the dealer that sells this car? Mileage tampering is rampant in Singapore because there is no effective laws against it. Look at the annual depre. This car’s depre is higher than average. Normally dealer will ask you to place a deposit before you send for checking. If the result is B or better, you have to buy the car or else deposit forfeited. But if it’s a C, then the written agreement should be worded to allow you to take back the deposit. But personally I won’t deal with dealers in that particular area as they have a bad reputation, just like Sim Lim Square!

I would only offer scrap value + $3000...take it or leave it...must allow check without deposit....if all good then buy...no loss to dealer...if unwilling...walk away

If dealer dont allow inspection without full refund of deposit then walk away . end of story, you're a serious buyer not someone to kick tyres and waste time. $$ can neg a bit short term drive don't care the mileage just dont expect a perfect car. expect to put maybe 2-3k additional into maintenance. Big no no is Engine consuming excessive oil, jerky gearbox and aircon not working which should be covered under Singapore lemon law.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back