New 6 cylinder - 258 BHP!!!

Racebred

Core Group Members
it will also mean the new 6 cylider flagship engine will be a pain to mod.

whereas the present 3 litre, you can achieve 260bhp with some intake, exhaust, chip and cams mod, AND it's still open to forced induction should you want it.

Re: New 6 cylinder - 258 BHP!!!

SMYUEN said:
Heard that the new generation of 3.0 straight 6 with valvetronic going to churn out 258 BHP!!

Slurpp slurrpp.. Coming onto the 5-series later this year..

Yummy yummy..

Think first to have that will be the 630... :drool:

the TU they were referring to in the engine code discussion in that page stands for technical upgrade. simi turbo...

Re: New 6 cylinder - 258 BHP!!!

hackzi said:
SMYUEN said:
Heard that the new generation of 3.0 straight 6 with valvetronic going to churn out 258 BHP!!

Slurpp slurrpp.. Coming onto the 5-series later this year..

Yummy yummy..

Think first to have that will be the 630... :drool:

yup. So some pictures of it. Slight difference in look - back grills instead of chrome. Thinner exhaust pipes compared to 645. But seriously the 630 will certainly make owning the 6 more affordable!!!

But 530 with 258BHP sounds cool too!
:drool: :drool:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Racebred said:
it will also mean the new 6 cylider flagship engine will be a pain to mod.

whereas the present 3 litre, you can achieve 260bhp with some intake, exhaust, chip and cams mod, AND it's still open to forced induction should you want it.

Isit? Didnt know that. I thought you can always mod to push up BHP regardless of initial power output? Unless you mean 258BHP is pushing the max out from the 3.0 plant oredi.
:)

Racebred said:

Has this got to do with the fact that the new engine will have valvetronic? If so, how does valvetronic close the door on forced induction? If not, what's the factor that makes forced induction difficult or even impossible?

i guess the best evidence is just to look at the number of available power mods for the 4 cylinder valvetronics. apparently the valvetronic technology is too complex for aftermarket tuners to harness and improve on. i guess the biggest problem is getting the fuelling right, with the absence of throttle butterflies. If that's the case, the FI is no hope for such "high tech" engines.

wow, good news.

i suppose torque figures have inceased significantly too

imagine the new valvetronic 3litres with power so "near" the S50 3.0 M3 engines...

superb

Tom said:
wow, good news.

imagine the new valvetronic 3litres with power so "near" the S50 3.0 M3 engines...

superb

Exactly...
Now..I need lobang for E39M5 engine liao... :thumbsup: :)

TripleM said:
Tom said:
wow, good news.

superb

Exactly...
Now..I need lobang for E39M5 engine liao... :thumbsup: :)

What lobang you need?? I get for you lor!!! why not get the 4.0l v8 engine from the M3 GTR??? hahaha...

but seriously, while the new engine might sound good paper, but still need to experience it to see if its better than the old 3.0. If it feels like sh*t then whats the point? and the Valvetronic will be a major problem if you want to get huge power from the new 3.0.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helo88tel
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back