Need some inputs on my ride

SMYUEN

Legendary 10 Years
Arrghh.. dunno why the profile pics become so small!?!?!

:furious: :furious: :furious:

Re: Need some inputs on my ride

SMYUEN said:
Hey guys,

I just keep feeling my front fenders a bit too high.. Also, the rear arch plus bumper seems to have swallowed my wheel. wat do you all think?

Also thinking of doing "quad exhaust" for my rear - any lobangs??"

Kum Sia!!!

Bro, don't quite understand your phrase "front fenders a bit too high" - relative to rear fender, or relative to the ground? Think it looks fine. Try the 2-finger front 1-finger rear principle.

On the quad exhaust, what's gonna happen to your rear apron?

Wa liao. Someone's getting itchy from the mod bug.

SMYUEN said:

Bro,
Make sure you link the MAIN picture, and NOT the thumbnails.

They are two different images all together :)

i think the stickers at the rear should go...

and get the schnitzer exhaust or tip to complete the look.

quad exhaust shouldn't be a priority..

kenntona said:
SMYUEN said:
Hey guys,

I just keep feeling my front fenders a bit too high.. Also, the rear arch plus bumper seems to have swallowed my wheel. wat do you all think?

Also thinking of doing "quad exhaust" for my rear - any lobangs??"

Kum Sia!!!

Bro, don't quite understand your phrase "front fenders a bit too high" - relative to rear fender, or relative to the ground? Think it looks fine. Try the 2-finger front 1-finger rear principle.

On the quad exhaust, what's gonna happen to your rear apron?

Wa liao. Someone's getting itchy from the mod bug.

I just feel the front skirt is a bit too high off the ground and the wheel arch doesnt look so filled. My front slightly more than 2 fingers. Dont you think the front skirt should skim lower?
Too bad I cant show you the rear - the AC rear skirt makes the wheel look puny leh.

:wavey:

ryan said:
SMYUEN said:

Bro,

I think I did leh...

Tom said:
i think the stickers at the rear should go...

and get the schnitzer exhaust or tip to complete the look.

quad exhaust shouldn't be a priority..

aiyoh... my specially imported stickers muz take out uh? Mebbe should take out the 325 and put the decal instead. Pai seh.. me seems to have soft spot for decals. If I had a choice I would do my car like GTR style man! kekeke..

Am thinking of the AC tip. No more AC box cos I have enuf of the noise (from the box and from my passengers). Actually, I thot someone might be able to cut thru my rear apron and just install a dummy exhaust on the left side. Just for the look loh..

:)

album_pic.php

Weird..i had a look thru in your gallery. How come your main pics so small one?

SMYUEN said:
ryan said:
SMYUEN said:

Bro,

I think I did leh...

Try again...

album_pic.php

Looks better? Anyway, need some advice. My files from the digi cam are all over 600+. How do I shrink the size down?

Hope this works!

See the rear wheel????
I heard can make the wheels stick out a bit more. Tried ordering the spacer device from pml but they say it wont work and is dangerous since it decreased the security of the wheel nut or something. Any suggestions?

album_pic.php

Bro, your infraview link doesnt work
:(

SMYUEN said:
I just feel the front skirt is a bit too high off the ground and the wheel arch doesnt look so filled. My front slightly more than 2 fingers. Dont you think the front skirt should skim lower? Too bad I cant show you the rear - the AC rear skirt makes the wheel look puny leh.

I'd supposed you are using 18" wheels. Guess it is our infection from the mod virus playing tricks on our eyes - the wheels always look small.

I'd think your front skirt is okay.

SMYUEN said:
Bro, your infraview link doesnt work
:(
OOPS!

http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2192-10021962.html

Publisher's Description

IrfanView is a fast and simple image viewer and editor that supports all major graphic formats, including BMP, DIB, JPEG, GIF, animated GIF, PNG, PCX, multipage TIFF, and TGA. In addition, it features drag-and-drop support, directory viewing, TWAIN support, slide shows, batch conversion, and modifications such as color depth, crop, blur, and sharpen.
The latest version features a host of updates including multilanguage support, additional file-format support, a thumbnail preview option, drag-and-drop support, and batch conversion.

SMYUEN,

Bro,

1) You would want to use spacers to push out your rear wheel right out to the brim! Super fierce looking. But your ride height must be right and not too low or else tire will rub. Try going to South East Tyres as they can get somebody to custom make spacers for your car!
And PML is again making a fool of themselves by giving you that kind of bullshit! What screw loose???? In the first place, if you use spacers, you will need to use longer screws! Logical what..... what a load of bullshit!

2) I would not put the quad exhaust if I were you. Other than being called a Yam3, you would also invite other cars to come and poke you... and when you attempt take them on, you lack the grunt... its gonna be very malu-ating!!! Just concentrate on making your car faster first then make it look fast....!

My 2 sen...

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT quad-equipped...

Arsony said:
SMYUEN,

Bro,

1) You would want to use spacers to push out your rear wheel right out to the brim! Super fierce looking. But your ride height must be right and not too low or else tire will rub. Try going to South East Tyres as they can get somebody to custom make spacers for your car!
And PML is again making a fool of themselves by giving you that kind of bullshit! What screw loose???? In the first place, if you use spacers, you will need to use longer screws! Logical what..... what a load of bullshit!

2) I would not put the quad exhaust if I were you. Other than being called a Yam3, you would also invite other cars to come and poke you... and when you attempt take them on, you lack the grunt... its gonna be very malu-ating!!! Just concentrate on making your car faster first then make it look fast....!

My 2 sen...

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT quad-equipped...

Hahaha bro. Point taken. Ok will check out the South East tyres. I guessed as much lah - PML sometimes really a bit off the mark.
Go faster uh? hmmm......
:screwedu:

i did remember sometime ago while doing some research for my wheels,

ACS website say 'depending on the tyres size the supplied 7mm spacer must be used'

check-out their website with english.

http://www.ac-schnitzer.de/englisch/index.html

i think PML is off the mark on the spacer thingy.

cheers

Doc,
As for the front to look lowerr...the solution doesnt exactly lie on lowering the bumper further by extending the add-on lip...Rather, it is the suspension..I believe your's must be at least 3 fingers gap.
I suppose you can change the spring to lower it and you are all set.
Can't imagine if one's front has 4 fingers gap and yet the bumper almost touches the ground....looks weird, doesnt it?

Regarding the rear,...fully agreed with Arsony's point.

Quad exhaust?...Scrap that idea lah if it's just for dummy.
Leave it as it is , or if u want a complete AC Theme, then get the tailpipe.

Decals ?...Think looks nice, not excessive this time. Your current ride has mellowed down enough if you wanna compare with your previous hahaha...

Gd luck bro
Meet up this coming w/e...Guess you can hear out more comments live

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vind28
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back