Need help on my rims

MRacer77

Legendary 10 Years
Maybe you should get a second opinion from another shop... if they still say the same thing then you probably have no choice but to get it fixed... $100+ seems ok to fix this sort of damage...

Yeah, it not the S$100+ but just want to be sure this time.

Thanks,

Re: Need help on my rims

black_cat said:
Hello All,

Just upgrade my 16" to a set of 2nd hand ACS type 2 rims. As I do not know much about rims and thus subsequently found out that the rims were re-conditioned. Feel very upset but anyhow money already been paid and there is nothing I can do. Just need to be more careful next time.

I send the rims to South East for balancing and the people there said my front left rim is not round. Need to "knock" it and it cost S$100+, otherwise the uneven rim will affect my suspension and ultimately may cause further damage to my chassis.

Can anyone advice me on that?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

:verysad: :verysad: :verysad:

hi

Can you share with us where you got the re-cond wheels? And are they 18s?

Is the shop also in Kaki Bukit near South East Tyre?

Cheers!

Yeah agree to get a second opinion. Don't play play when it comes to rims..may affect alot of mechanical parts and impact your driving.

No problems with recon rims lah...as along as it can be repaired

nisiel;680068 said:
Yeah agree to get a second opinion. Don't play play when it comes to rims..may affect alot of mechanical parts and impact your driving.

No problems with recon rims lah...as along as it can be repaired
you said dont play play with the it when comes to rim and later said No problem with reconditioned rim:confused:
when come to NO play play ,we should only go for brand new and good quality rim.
Recon rim only on the surface job is surely fine. (re-painting )
Getting second hand rim from the shop you can always go back to them to re confirm the balancing.
buying direct from owner carrying higher this kind of risk, you can ask to include installation from the seller and ask the shop to show you the condition when tyre rim on the balancing machine(which can see the dent quite easily)
repair cost $100 @ , does it $ include the dismantle and installation and balancing? if yes it sounds OK by the what is the rim size?

Last edited by a moderator:

anson7835;4401 said:
Hello All,

Just upgrade my 16" to a set of 2nd hand ACS type 2 rims. As I do not know much about rims and thus subsequently found out that the rims were re-conditioned. Feel very upset but anyhow money already been paid and there is nothing I can do. Just need to be more careful next time.

I send the rims to South East for balancing and the people there said my front left rim is not round. Need to "knock" it and it cost S$100+, otherwise the uneven rim will affect my suspension and ultimately may cause further damage to my chassis.

Can anyone advice me on that?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

:verysad: :verysad: :verysad:

If its was brought @ a tire shop, go back & seek advise. If brought from a seller, seek 2nd opinion & have it fixed up. So far re-con rims are alrite ~

Cheers ~~ :)

roberttan;680101 said:
you said dont play play with the when it comes to rim and No problem with reconditioned rim:confused:
when come to NO play play ,we should only go for brand new and good quality rim.
Recon rim only on the surface job is surely fine.
Getting second hand rim from the shop you can always go back to them to re confirm the balancing.
buying direct from owner carrying higher this kind of risk, you can ask to include installation from the seller and ask the shop to show you the condition when tyre rim on the balancing machine(which can see the dent quite easily)
repair cost $100 @ sound ok, does it include the dismantle and installation and balancing? if yes sound OK by the what is the rim size?

Actually, I don't see a problem with recon rims that can be reformed back to original...for those that had hard impact before normally cannot reform back...

So if there are bros who wants to let go rims that had some kerb rash and recon to make good...would i say that that is a bad rim???... to me ok but to others may not be...

so own judgement is required. if got more $$$ of course change to brand new quality ones...

Don't flame me....just my 5cents

nisiel;680116 said:
Actually, I don't see a problem with recon rims that can be reformed back to original...for those that had hard impact before normally cannot reform back...

So if there are bros who wants to let go rims that had some kerb rash and recon to make good...would i say that that is a bad rim???... to me ok but to others may not be...

so own judgement is required. if got more $$$ of course change to brand new quality ones...

Don't flame me....just my 5cents
THOSE kerb rash and repainting is 100% FINE.:goodup:
warp rims are subjective, if is minor is fine ,what happen is the major 1 which still can reformed too.
SO the issue how can we tell was is badly or slightly dented?
If you trust the seller either shop or direct owner just go ahead with it

TobyNik;4491 said:
hi

Can you share with us where you got the re-cond wheels? And are they 18s?

Is the shop also in Kaki Bukit near South East Tyre?

Cheers!

wooo. I do not like that shop near South East Tyre too. :evil:

dash;680193 said:
are you talking abotu the shop that next to se? business seems quiet there ,but heard that they do servicing and braekdown service. and 1 more is carrying huge range of big big wheels but mostly replica and Mr.Ma Yin Jiu products

dash;680193 said:

I agree with you. Bloody *#_)(#BD_*#*)(*#)( seller

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win79it
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back