Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Need advise on tyres

Beemer80

Mine tyre's thread are running out. Can any experience brothers out here advise a quiet and value for money tyre to recommend for a E90? Im currently using a 17" Rim with 45 profile. Any tips on that? Thanks.

Re: Need advise on tyres

Wanna upgrade to 19"? Comes with tyres!

Beemer80;850095 said:
Mine tyre's thread are running out. Can any experience brothers out here advise a quiet and value for money tyre to recommend for a E90? Im currently using a 17" Rim with 45 profile. Any tips on that? Thanks.

Goodyear F1 A2

no horse run

fixed all 4 last month

quiet and suoer grip

made in germany 225/45r17 s$200 each

Am using Michelin Pilot Sports 3, very good grip in the wet, and also very quiet even after around 10,000 km.

But cost wise more than other brands i think, around 290/ea x 4 for your 17"

Beemer80;850095 said:

canuck78;850195 said:
Am using Michelin Pilot Sports 3, very good grip in the wet, and also very quiet even after around 10,000 km.

But cost wise more than other brands i think, around 290/ea x 4 for your 17"

PS3 is ok, PSS is quite noisy hahahhaa

Hey Bros, need some advice, if my current tyres are on run flat, is it ok to change to non run flat?
I heard its lighter (saves fuel) and of course cheaper too.

Thanks

I doubt it'll save much fuel, maybe 0.5km/l but my every tank can vary by that much anyway so it's not really measurable.

detach8;850298 said:
I doubt it'll save much fuel, maybe 0.5km/l but my every tank can vary by that much anyway so it's not really measurable.

Thanks. But technically, it's ok right? And would you know how much cheaper are non run flat tyres (best estimate)?

pls good tyre is for safety

not to save on fuel

i was on ps3

F1A2 is better yet cheaper

RFT is about $200 per pc for 16". non RFT can range from $150 or less per pc to $200 or more per pc depending on brand and model. Just make sure if you decide to go for non RFT, the tires should be of XL specs for Xtra Load to fit heavier cars. Also sign up for AA or get one of those tire inflators like airman for emergency since you no longer can drive if your non RFT suffers a puncture.

to be honest, if you are on stock 16" rims, the cost difference for RFTs (bought outside PML) is not much since signing up for AA or buying those tire inflators will eat into any savings you get from switching to non RFT.

lim_ck;850360 said:
RFT is about $200 per pc for 16". non RFT can range from $150 or less per pc to $200 or more per pc depending on brand and model. Just make sure if you decide to go for non RFT, the tires should be of XL specs for Xtra Load to fit heavier cars. Also sign up for AA or get one of those tire inflators like airman for emergency since you no longer can drive if your non RFT suffers a puncture.

to be honest, if you are on stock 16" rims, the cost difference for RFTs (bought outside PML) is not much since signing up for AA or buying those tire inflators will eat into any savings you get from switching to non RFT.

Ok that makes sense, if i were on 16" then yes stay with RFT for that price difference.
Problem is I am on 19" and its way more expensive. The rims from previous owner, so I intend to sell them and probably change back to stock 16".
Which leads me to my next qns- what's the market value of second hand 19" Breytons?

changing from runflat to non runflat is nothing wrong (other than cheaper dollars)
only thing you lost the key advantages of run flat tyre alllow you to continue driving in the event of total pressure lost.(especially for lady driver) or whose is lazy to change to spare tyre when you got a flat tyre.
In terms of safety normal tyre sudden lost of air pressure could lead to lost contro of your car when driving at high speed or negotiating corner.
imaging you replace your steerring with airbag to a steering wheel without airbag.
:nehnehhh:

PS3 abt $220+ - $230+ for the size required. PSS abt $260.

can try Top93, they have wide range of BMW rims and tyres...as well as after market rims....

Brothers, any recommendation for 225/40/18 tyres which are value for money and quiet other than A1 F1? If possible, any shops to get them cheap? :)

Value for money are Goodyear F1 & Toyo T1R. Good and cheap.

But I like Conti tyres.

Beemer80;851203 said:
Brothers, any recommendation for 225/40/18 tyres which are value for money and quiet other than A1 F1? If possible, any shops to get them cheap? :)

Goodyear EfficientGrip. I am using now for the mention size. Made in Germany. Tyre is 30k now and
still quiet. Unless the road surface is very rough.
I think F30 335i used this model as stock Tyre.

i tried GY F1, GY F1A2, PS3, GY EG, TOYO T1R...

F1A2 is the best so far

17" $200
18" $250

Leong Seng at PayaUbi :thumbsup:

Sorry, can I know what are the parameters you guys used to recommend a tyre brand/model?

Price, noises and ?

Back