My Steering has slight tilt to right side, is it normal?

Puny

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Seems like a steering alignment problem. Most apparent at high-speeds. :( (You'll change lanes for no reason).

Perhaps you can check your tires for uneven wear as well, although I reckon it's most likely the steering..

Hi, DS
Go for wheel alignment check for yr bimmer at workshops equiped with computerised alignment and balancing equipment. Don't think BVO hv such equipment

My fren new 5series got such problem, and got his problem fully resolved after some checks and alignment done to his rear camber.

PML refused to warrant his case cos of after market rims installed.

yah... and check your tyre pressures as well.. they should be the same on both sides...

Thanks brothers,

by the look of all your replies, it seems something is not right.

My car's warranty has just lapsed, do you think it is advisable to go back to PML or go somewhere to get the alignment done.

If outside, any recommendations who, where and how much?

thanks again,

Dan

Re: My Steering has slight tilt to right side, is it normal?

Hi, the problem is wheel alignment. I went to stamford and they messed up with the result like yours and later went to Riverview where they placed sandbags while doing the wheel alignment. Hope this helps.
Cheers

DS_1 said:
Help!

Don't know what happened, but suddenly felt that my steering when on straight road is tilt slightly to the right side. Don't think it was like that a week ago. I have been told it could be due to the way our roads are constructed, i.e. tilt from centre to side for drainage purpose. Thus we have to pull our steering to the right.

Also would people like BVO be able to help check this and rectify it??

Desparate for answers!!! The feeling is terrible, it just bugs you all the time, boh song leh...

Dan :verysad: :verysad:

Check your front tyre air pressure first (best to check when cold), and make sure they are equal.

If you still feel that the car is pulling to one side, then go for computerised 4 wheel alignment. Most decent tyre shops should be able to do it, not sure for the newer E60, etc.

Yes, you can go back to PML, but, try the tire alignment first. Riverview is recommended.

Yeah... have been hearing good things about riverview... try aligning your wheels and tyres first... if that does not solve your problem then send back to PML.

emiffy said:
Check your front tyre air pressure first (best to check when cold), and make sure they are equal.

If you still feel that the car is pulling to one side, then go for computerised 4 wheel alignment. Most decent tyre shops should be able to do it, not sure for the newer E60, etc.

Yes, you can go back to PML, but, try the tire alignment first. Riverview is recommended.

Bro,

Is it Kenny from Riverview at AMK Ind Pk?

DS

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb888wiki

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back