Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

More feedback..... Suggestion?

ryan

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
5 said:
Just giving some personal opinions and feedback...

1. Have seen some other forums with similar forum engine and found that its less blur to the reader when there are less folders. Seems easier to navigate and read the threads under same folder rather than toggle between sub-folders within folder. (eg. instead of sub-categorising "marketplace" to many parts, maybe easier to lump all into just one main folder)

2. Under "modifications" page, the parts & workshops headings are mixed up.
Thanks for the feedback!
:)

1. Yes, i agree with that. Will relook into consolidating the folders into one.

2. Err..could you specify where this is?
Is it this one? http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/modifications.php

I Can't find the mixed up part.

Thanks !
 
Oops... mistake on my part, should be under "workshops" in the menu

"Autovox, Benzline, Eng Soon......" should be under "Parts" heading instead of "Workshops"

"BVO, Goodwill, Riverview......" should be under "Workshops" heading instead of "Parts"
 
instead of surfing the forums through all these subfolders, why dont you just click the "view posts since last visit" link? then it's clearer for repeat surfers.

as for the many folders, it'll come into handy in the future when our materials have piled up, and more traffic and posts come in. with proper moderation, proper catergorisation means easier to search and navigate.
 
Racebred said:
instead of surfing the forums through all these subfolders, why dont you just click the "view posts since last visit" link? then it's clearer for repeat surfers.

Agree that this is a useful feature, but there's something else related to this that I miss about Delphi: the exclusion of previously-read posts in any given thread. Now, if I click on a thread, I have to scroll to the new posts myself.

Ryan: any way to get this feature?
 
Racebred said:
instead of surfing the forums through all these subfolders, why dont you just click the "view posts since last visit" link? then it's clearer for repeat surfers.

as for the many folders, it'll come into handy in the future when our materials have piled up, and more traffic and posts come in. with proper moderation, proper catergorisation means easier to search and navigate.


Yeah man. I find surfing in here a breeze now compared to delphi ! :)

Young man, never play XBox ?? ;)
 
i dont have xbox.
and my ps2 is gathering dust at home. heheh
i'm waiting for gt4 to come out.
 
Racebred said:
instead of surfing the forums through all these subfolders, why dont you just click the "view posts since last visit" link? then it's clearer for repeat surfers.

as for the many folders, it'll come into handy in the future when our materials have piled up, and more traffic and posts come in. with proper moderation, proper catergorisation means easier to search and navigate.

Thanks... never noticed got such a feature, just found the link of "visit posts since last visit" :yikess:

Anymore interesting features in this forum?
 
DreamDriver said:
Agree that this is a useful feature, but there's something else related to this that I miss about Delphi: the exclusion of previously-read posts in any given thread. Now, if I click on a thread, I have to scroll to the new posts myself.

Dream, instead of clicking on the title of the thread you want to read, click on the little doggy-eared paper icon just to the left of it (the one with the black arrow on the left pointing at it). This will take you to the latest post on that thread that you have not read yet - just like Delphi.

Hope this helps. :)

This forum rocks my socks !
 
Shaun said:
Dream, instead of clicking on the title of the thread you want to read, click on the little doggy-eared paper icon just to the left of it (the one with the black arrow on the left pointing at it). This will take you to the latest post on that thread that you have not read yet - just like Delphi.

Oh man, you are so right! Blame me for being more of a "word" person than an "icon" person, hahaha..

Thanks!
 
Back
Top