MB Kompressor versus BMW straight 6

TripleM

Legendary 10 Years
E320 is V6 engine
That cud be the one you were folllowing..

There is a tuning house for MB located in the East Coast. Think it boasts like near 200horses for the E200..
Given that is bout to be equal to your 192hp, the tuned E200Kompressor produces higher torque hence can out run your ride.

SM... Our 325 cars not very fast lah. although they are lot faster than most cars on the road ;)

simple reduction in pulley size can increase boost. many aftermarket tuners like carlsson and lorinser have such kits. I believe a simple stage 1 mod will require at least a 330 to keep up.

Re: MB Kompressor versus BMW straight 6

Doc

SMYUEN said:
Interesting evening I had..

Was on the way out.. heard this aggressive sounding E-class MB trailing behind me. Sounded like a kompressor engine.

Thing is, that thing was freaking fast! Pick up was phenomenal. Car was de-badged. Tried to keep up.. she was off the block before I could even get near her.. Was already doing 5000rpm all the way but her pick up was just amazing. Only managed to keep pace at >100kmh..

Fierce man.. Hmm.. must be a non-stock kompressor? Or do all kompressors out-perform our straight sixes? The MB's overtaking was super swift.. very impressive.. Felt like I was tailing an EVO or something! Seldom does one see such a "hiong" MB!

I was thinking it could be a E320 in disguise.. but it didnt sound like a V8 engine. Sounded like the typical kompressor.. but no badge to tell 200 or 240. Doesnt look AMG too.

:screwedu:

Was it a black MB EClass? If it was, I am sorry, but it could have been me trying to get home quickly to catch Singapore Idol on tv. Sorry to smoke you, promise I won't do it again. :roll:

DJ!

Veryyyyyyy nice!... why never turn up at our last meetup?

:shoot:

Re: MB Kompressor versus BMW straight 6

The Mixmaster said:
Doc

SMYUEN said:
Interesting evening I had..

Was on the way out.. heard this aggressive sounding E-class MB trailing behind me. Sounded like a kompressor engine.

Thing is, that thing was freaking fast! Pick up was phenomenal. Car was de-badged. Tried to keep up.. she was off the block before I could even get near her.. Was already doing 5000rpm all the way but her pick up was just amazing. Only managed to keep pace at >100kmh..

Fierce man.. Hmm.. must be a non-stock kompressor? Or do all kompressors out-perform our straight sixes? The MB's overtaking was super swift.. very impressive.. Felt like I was tailing an EVO or something! Seldom does one see such a "hiong" MB!

I was thinking it could be a E320 in disguise.. but it didnt sound like a V8 engine. Sounded like the typical kompressor.. but no badge to tell 200 or 240. Doesnt look AMG too.

Was it a black MB EClass? If it was, I am sorry, but it could have been me trying to get home quickly to catch Singapore Idol on tv. Sorry to smoke you, promise I won't do it again. :roll:

Hahaha.. DJ, its not black. It was white!!! Pure white. No body kit, no loud exhaust, no huge alloys, no badge. No nothing. just pure speed. Absolute silent puller. Maybe I should ask my neighbour since this car dropped off someone in his house.

Actually she didnt smoke me.. I was just trying to catch up with this "hiong" MB! But her driving... err.. "Skillful" would be the politically correct word.

But seriously you have a seriously nice ride!!!!!! Yummy!!!! :drool: :drool:

Must drive to next meet-up leh. Is it "souped" - up?

:thumbsup:

SMYUEN said:
Car was de-badged. Tried to keep up.. she was off the block before I could even get near her.. . Felt like I was tailing an EVO or something! Seldom does one see such a "hiong" MB!

Doc

Was this the sight you saw? Hehe. ;)

Racebred said:
simple reduction in pulley size can increase boost. many aftermarket tuners like carlsson and lorinser have such kits. I believe a simple stage 1 mod will require at least a 330 to keep up.

Wah so easy ah? Maybe that explains it then. And seldom do we see an MB debadged also...

The Mixmaster said:
SMYUEN said:
Car was de-badged. Tried to keep up.. she was off the block before I could even get near her.. . Felt like I was tailing an EVO or something! Seldom does one see such a "hiong" MB!

Doc

Was this the sight you saw? Hehe. ;)

DJ, your car fully AMG-ed ?????? Supercharged?

*fainting spell....*

TripleM said:
E320 is V6 engine
That cud be the one you were folllowing..

There is a tuning house for MB located in the East Coast. Think it boasts like near 200horses for the E200..
Given that is bout to be equal to your 192hp, the tuned E200Kompressor produces higher torque hence can out run your ride.

Hmmm. good possibility. It didnt sound "V" in character... (My dad's is a V6.. so I can more or less recognise it..) Really sounded kompressor. Probably tuned.

Sigh... why then did I even bother buying a Bimmer when cars like Audi and Merc are so easily tuned? Audi still got warranty from premium somemore. Whats wrong with PML I wonder.... :( :( :(

jaskin said:
SM... Our 325 cars not very fast lah. although they are lot faster than most cars on the road ;)

Haha. that I realise. Want speed = EVO EVO EVO!!
But I also realised there are lots of innocent looking corollas ad mazdas that fly.. Scratching my head to decide the best way to make mine do the same.. heeheeehee

:)

SMYUEN said:
DJ, your car fully AMG-ed ?????? Supercharged?

*fainting spell....*

Doc

For the moment, I am keeping quiet about what is under my bonnet. Otherwise, I got no chance to "makan" Piggyboyz on the road. Let's just say that I think I got more horse power but Piggyboyz got more "balls" power. :(

brother..can resize your pics or not..

very big!!! :(

Anyway, i resized all your pics for you.

Or else, it will be 1.2 meg for this page alone! Those on 56K...die until dont know like what. hahaha...

DJ, you damn cuuuutteeee uh! Hahahahaha...

Maybe you can drop me a secret e-mail. I promise I will keep it a secret. You have given me sleepless nights!

When you going to makan piggyboyz? N-S again?

Thanks Ryan.. Now I can see the MB much better on my screen..

Love the quad pipes.
:drool: :drool: :drool:

AMG - Aoh My God!

SMYUEN,

Seriously doc, what you tokking about silent pullers??? I kinda expect most mercs to be able to perform on the straight run whatever their badges say.
I mean if you put in a supercharged high displacement engine in any car, of course it pulls lah!!! Try taking it on the turns... then the excitement starts!!!

Was having a bit of fun with this CLK 230 Kompressor , fully Carlsson kitted with equally hiong driver just the other night (before that stoopid blue evo driver got arrested for trying to be funny after hitting a TP!!! Anyone got that story? Happened on Nat Day eve.)

The MB came into PIE directly on my left and started blowing exhaust and soon it was on baby!!! Honestly, it was freakin' fast and I had trouble keeping up. But after we both exited Eng Neo, I left him way behind...

I think it's not fair to judge a car's performance based on just one situation alone... honestly different cars are made to perform in different environment and I think you just wandered into HIS playground. I mean, imagine him going against a cooper S at 99 turn. You think he'll drive the same??? Dont think so....

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT freaikin fast

ash you sound so hiong. go track can even be more hiong

but i think he was just relating what happened in that particular instance - not seeking to say MB outperforms BMW

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shbet-0lat

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back