M3 Meet-Up Jul01, Canada Day

Man... Those guys are so fortunate. About 70K plus tax for an M3 only.
 
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Sigh... makes me wonder why people like us still suffering the ill-effects of our ridiculous car tax system. I mean, they can "tax" us for owning a car, but why make the prices so absurdly high?? A 4 litre car and a 1 litre car are still basically cars. But the difference in road tax, insurance and vehicle price is gargatuan.

I still feel its unfair to make car prices so expensive in Singapore.

$70K for an M3. Sigh... can barely buy a toyota corolla here man!
:( :( :(
 
SMYUEN said:
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Sigh... makes me wonder why people like us still suffering the ill-effects of our ridiculous car tax system. I mean, they can "tax" us for owning a car, but why make the prices so absurdly high?? A 4 litre car and a 1 litre car are still basically cars. But the difference in road tax, insurance and vehicle price is gargatuan.

I still feel its unfair to make car prices so expensive in Singapore.

$70K for an M3. Sigh... can barely buy a toyota corolla here man!
:( :( :(
I suppose..if cars were as cheap eslewhere..

we would be overwhelmed with vehicles on the roads like thailand's downtown.

quite a scary thought. But then again, all the toyota corolla owners and nissan sunny drivers will be driving M3s and the people who drive bimmers..will drive ferraris and lambos and people who take the bus..will drive town bees..and we won't be able to move anywhere.

:evil:
 
Well instead of COEs, the govt should really tighten credit so that only those that can really afford cars will be able to buy them. For example, 50% downpayment and a maximum of 2-3 years for loan. That would bring down the prices of cars without a corresponding mad rush to get them.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
 
rodders said:
Well instead of COEs, the govt should really tighten credit so that only those that can really afford cars will be able to buy them. For example, 50% downpayment and a maximum of 2-3 years for loan. That would bring down the prices of cars without a corresponding mad rush to get them.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

great point you've got there! YEAH, MAS shld change the payment scheme. Lets not say 50%, just place it back to the usual 30% would do just fine. This way, you wouldn't see as much new kias, hyundai running on the road. And ya, hopefully car prices will also drop!! 3 cheers!!! :thumbsup:
 
ryan said:
SMYUEN said:
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Sigh... makes me wonder why people like us still suffering the ill-effects of our ridiculous car tax system. I mean, they can "tax" us for owning a car, but why make the prices so absurdly high?? A 4 litre car and a 1 litre car are still basically cars. But the difference in road tax, insurance and vehicle price is gargatuan.

I still feel its unfair to make car prices so expensive in Singapore.

$70K for an M3. Sigh... can barely buy a toyota corolla here man!
:( :( :(
I suppose..if cars were as cheap eslewhere..

we would be overwhelmed with vehicles on the roads like thailand's downtown.


quite a scary thought. But then again, all the toyota corolla owners and nissan sunny drivers will be driving M3s and the people who drive bimmers..will drive ferraris and lambos and people who take the bus..will drive town bees..and we won't be able to move anywhere.

:evil:

Guess you are quite right... The entry price for cars need to be pegged at a price that it beyond reach of a certain percentage of the population, so all the prices get pushed up. But why the huge spread in car prices? Vehicle tax? Car dealers trying to stretch profit margins? Honestly, $250,000 to buy a car is really scary. Really really scary. Dont even talk about an M3!

Sigh... but guess there's no way out. We all just be contented!

National day's coming!
:) :) :)
 
the taxes are to be collected to finance our transportation systems like roads, highways, etc.

and ppl who can richer to buy big cars are taxed more for that loh. if they have a flat tax structure those who can only afford to buy small cars will be taxed out of their car ownership also mah.

even though i hate the high tax for desirable big cc high omv cars, it's admittedly one of the few logical ways to bring revenue in. But think about it, you buy one ferrari for yourself, you gotta buy 2 ferraris for the govt. we can tell our overseas friends we one shot buy 3 ferraris!
 
SMYUEN said:
Guess you are quite right... The entry price for cars need to be pegged at a price that it beyond reach of a certain percentage of the population, so all the prices get pushed up.

Doctor, is that not what they are doing on medical costs? "Beyond reach of a certain percentage of the population."

:whattheh: :whattheh: :whattheh:
 
Racebred said:
the taxes are to be collected to finance our transportation systems like roads, highways, etc.

and ppl who can richer to buy big cars are taxed more for that loh. if they have a flat tax structure those who can only afford to buy small cars will be taxed out of their car ownership also mah.

even though i hate the high tax for desirable big cc high omv cars, it's admittedly one of the few logical ways to bring revenue in. But think about it, you buy one ferrari for yourself, you gotta buy 2 ferraris for the govt. we can tell our overseas friends we one shot buy 3 ferraris!

Agree with you. Necessary evil of I can call it. sigh....

Haha. we buy 1 ferrari people oversease can buy 3. They will laugh at us till they collapse and die!
:laughlik: :laughlik: :laughlik: :laughlik:
 
kenntona said:
SMYUEN said:
Guess you are quite right... The entry price for cars need to be pegged at a price that it beyond reach of a certain percentage of the population, so all the prices get pushed up.

Doctor, is that not what they are doing on medical costs? "Beyond reach of a certain percentage of the population."

:whattheh: :whattheh: :whattheh:

Oh oh oh... sensitive topic leh.. hmm.. difficult topic to answer and discuss in the forum. we can chat more when we meet!!

:) :)
 
Back
Top