Looking to buy X3 sDrive20i Xline

I change out RFT after a few months from collection as they are really not comfortable.
This could be the reason. For EO, you will need to change the engine seal and/or the oil filter housing at about 50+K mileage (You can smell oil burning in the cabin when you start your car cos it will leak onto your exos man). As for consumption of EO, I don't think so. But that's for engines under 100k mileage. I do not have experience or knowledge with those >100k. If you read at some of the stories with buying 2nd hand car on 2nd COE or those who renewed their COE, they do spend some money bringing the car back to useful life, including light engine work.

OIC...then do u carry a tyre kit with you in the car since the car doesn't come with it? or just rely on third party to rescue u in the event of a puncture?

Why not wait till it's time to replace the tyres then change them?

I believe one of the reasons is what The Guardian (post following yours) has mentioned. I have never experienced driving with RFT so I can only rely on what others shared. Just that, I'm not sure how significant the negatives are because, like you said, I should only replace the RFTs after they are worned out.

I change out RFT after a few months from collection as they are really not comfortable.
This could be the reason. For EO, you will need to change the engine seal and/or the oil filter housing at about 50+K mileage (You can smell oil burning in the cabin when you start your car cos it will leak onto your exos man). As for consumption of EO, I don't think so. But that's for engines under 100k mileage. I do not have experience or knowledge with those >100k. If you read at some of the stories with buying 2nd hand car on 2nd COE or those who renewed their COE, they do spend some money bringing the car back to useful life, including light engine work.

That's assuring enough I guess. 'Cause I've heard (and also read some online) from some car owners that certain car models "consumed" EO quite heavily so to be mindful and constant check the EO level.

As for the RFT vs normal tires, I'm in two minds. I do understand that RFTs last longer than normal tires. So, if the discomfort is significant, then I should not drag to replace? Nevermind, shall wait and see how.

Thanks for the responses guys!

As for the RFT vs normal tires, I'm in two minds. I do understand that RFTs last longer than normal tires. So, if the discomfort is significant, then I should not drag to replace? Nevermind, shall wait and see how.

Thanks for the responses guys!

personal comfort level, ive seen people complain about RFT being hard then go and buy 20 or 21 inch rims with super skinny tyres just because it looks good but net net same effect as skinny tyres got to put higher PSI.

That's assuring enough I guess. 'Cause I've heard (and also read some online) from some car owners that certain car models "consumed" EO quite heavily so to be mindful and constant check the EO level.
u only rely on your i drive to check EO level. Other way is visual inspection of the engine bay. i still think bmw is much safer as compared to Audi in this aspect.

personal comfort level, ive seen people complain about RFT being hard then go and buy 20 or 21 inch rims with super skinny tyres just because it looks good but net net same effect as skinny tyres got to put higher PSI.

Fuel efficiency higher with bigger or small rims?

Not exactly.. mine originally came with 20inch RFT package. You can imagine the magnitude of bumpiness.. That's why i changed to normal road tyres and its more comfortable. I'm running 250/260 kpa. Not sure if this is considered high Kpa/PSI.

Not exactly.. mine originally came with 20inch RFT package. You can imagine the magnitude of bumpiness.. That's why i changed to normal road tyres and its more comfortable. I'm running 250/260 kpa. Not sure if this is considered high Kpa/PSI.
Comfort is personal feeling

Fuel efficiency higher with bigger or small rims?
Smaller rirms = Better fuel efficiency
Smaller rims = Generally lighter
Smaller rims = Less expensive tyres
Smaller rims - Less prone to kerb rash
Smaller rims = Cheaper to repair / replace
Smaller rims = Generally higher profile tyres = less road vibrations

Oh I really didnt know this. Then why are we all chasing after big rims? haha

How true! Allow me add one though...

Smaller rims = Kills good looks

Car rims is a very personal thing. How good it looks vary from person to person. If you can look past the aesthetics, then follow the list provided by rssid; won't go wrong. End of the day, whenever you approach your car, you should be smiling at her and enjoy each sight/view/glance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bestsolicitors2112
Back