Looking to buy X3 sDrive20i Xline

avc2860

Dear all,

New here to this forum.

Have been driving sedan all this while and intend to change to BMW X3, is this car reliable and of course BMW comes with 5 years warranty and 5 years basic service.

I forgot to mention, during the test drive, my wife and I felt the car is a little bouncy, we went for 2nd test drive, not so bad after all but we did not take the highway. However, my wife who sits behind said that she feels a little dizzy, we also tested the GLC300 and we do not feel bouncy and dizziness.

Hope you guys can advice.

Last edited:
Hi there

think the new GLC300 major changes interior n exterior... looks wise. Definitely GLC300...however still think X3 handling is better...for family drive...go for GLC300 hahaha and get urself F30

Hi there

think the new GLC300 major changes interior n exterior... looks wise. Definitely GLC300...however still think X3 handling is better...for family drive...go for GLC300 hahaha and get urself F30
Hi, thank you for your reply and I tested both X3 and GLC300, the GLC300 handling also not bad but maybe because it is on 4 wheels. PML is now doing high over trade for the X3, probably new facelift coming out next year

Think there is long wait for new GLC300...more than 5 months... I have to say GLC for this round.... unless You are getting THE 5, that's another story altogether.

Think there is long wait for new GLC300...more than 5 months... I have to say GLC for this round.... unless You are getting THE 5, that's another story altogether.
I'm changing from sedan to SUV, was thinking to have a change, but the new BMW 5 series looks good ! Similarly the new 2021 E200 has a new facelift too !

If comparing the new 5 vs E class....i go for BMW :) my buddy bought the demo car.....SUV...go for GLC300...total facelift...full makeover

If comparing the new 5 vs E class....i go for BMW :) my buddy bought the demo car.....SUV...go for GLC300...total facelift...full makeover
Bro, I can see you are a hardcore BMW fan ...:) anyway thanks for your advice, the difference between the X3 and GLC300, PML now giving high trade in for the X3, GLC300 has no over-trade !

because GLC300 queue until next year April (from my Dalmier contact)....so no need give special consideration.... am in BMW forum....definitely priority is BMW but have to say MB is designed more for luxury than drive...except those A45 or C55 AMG :) whichever your choice...both are good options

Dear all,

New here to this forum.

Have been driving sedan all this while and intend to change to BMW X3, is this car reliable and of course BMW comes with 5 years warranty and 5 years basic service.

I forgot to mention, during the test drive, my wife and I felt the car is a little bouncy, we went for 2nd test drive, not so bad after all but we did not take the highway. However, my wife who sits behind said that she feels a little dizzy, we also tested the GLC300 and we do not feel bouncy and dizziness.

Hope you guys can advice.

Just curious .. so have you decided and/or have bought the X3/GLC?

I just bought a X3. Tried the X3 and the GLC300 and the family likes X3 more.

The GLC300 is very stable ONCE u get pass 30km/hr. On the highway, it is a much more stable ride as compared to the X3. However, the engine is very sluggish and the car feels very heavy and clumsy from stationary which is something i didn't like about the GLC300. If you do a lot of city driving or doing school/ tuition runs where the traffic is heavy, the GLC may not be as pleasant to drive. The GLC is really pretty though.

The X3 is very nimble despite its size. The BMW engine is very responsive and a pleasure to drive. Fuel efficiency is also good for me so far, around 10km/L.

Do let us know which car you bought?

I just bought a X3. Tried the X3 and the GLC300 and the family likes X3 more.

The GLC300 is very stable ONCE u get pass 30km/hr. On the highway, it is a much more stable ride as compared to the X3. However, the engine is very sluggish and the car feels very heavy and clumsy from stationary which is something i didn't like about the GLC300. If you do a lot of city driving or doing school/ tuition runs where the traffic is heavy, the GLC may not be as pleasant to drive. The GLC is really pretty though.

The X3 is very nimble despite its size. The BMW engine is very responsive and a pleasure to drive. Fuel efficiency is also good for me so far, around 10km/L.

Do let us know which car you bought?

That's very informative! May I know if your X3 is stock with the 19", RFT rims?

I am not a fan of suv, but it’s seems to be a global trend towards more suvs. My favourite is still hatchback in terms of handling.

I'm also wondering if I should change the kidney grilles for more sporty look, and where to buy these grilles in Singapore.

I'm also wondering if I should change the kidney grilles for more sporty look, and where to buy these grilles in Singapore.

Bimshop...

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Pardon my repetitive question, but does the X3 "consume" Engine Oil (EO), like I need to constantly monitor the EO level and do top-ups in between servicing intervals? My friend's Audi Q3 need to do that, and he carries a bottle of EO in his car in case need to DIY top up.

I change out RFT after a few months from collection as they are really not comfortable.
This could be the reason. For EO, you will need to change the engine seal and/or the oil filter housing at about 50+K mileage (You can smell oil burning in the cabin when you start your car cos it will leak onto your exos man). As for consumption of EO, I don't think so. But that's for engines under 100k mileage. I do not have experience or knowledge with those >100k. If you read at some of the stories with buying 2nd hand car on 2nd COE or those who renewed their COE, they do spend some money bringing the car back to useful life, including light engine work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back