Light Bulb Replacements - Phillips BlueVision

Wow...we've finally got a true blue expert on BMWs. You must definitely come down for our monthly meet-ups. Bet everyone will be real happy to see you.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Yup probably will send all their cars for servicing at his branch.

Re: Light Bulb Replacements - Phillips BlueVision

Steel Blue said:
Looking to change the light bulbs in my headlamps - want something that is more in tune with the daylight look. Read that a good choice will be the Phillips BlueVision bulbs.

Has anyone tried these in their headlamps, will the light emitted be "whiter" and brighter than stock?

Thanks!

firstly, only blue vision & crystal vision is LTA approved. diamond vision isn't becoz' it emits true white beam (@ 6000K).
white beam bulbs r actually pretty safe lah. but never get blue beam bulbs tho.
i've been using white beam bulbs for more than 2 yrs oready & so far so good. no TP harassments.

for white beam.... the color temperature should be between 5000K to 6000K.
above 6500K, the beam will start to turn bluish.
word of advise, blue beam bulbs attract ants easily, + it would reduce yur visibility on the roads as well. especially during wet conditions (eg. heavy downpours).

ok. genuine PIAA & Raybrig bulbs r good. but the cost is really not worthwhile. they r great for autocross, rallying & racing but not suitable for street.
Polarg bulbs r slightly cheaper, pretty good but not very durable. but the other smaller Polarg bulbs r good (12V5W, 12V21W, etc...) & its my fav bulbs.
i'd rather go for Philips Diamond Vision. its much more durable & cheaper than Polarg by abt 20-30 bucks & abt 50-60% cheaper than PIAA or Raybrig bulbs.

take note: the tint on the bulbs determines the whiteness of the beam.
the darker the blue tint, the whiter the beam.
compare the tint between Philips Blue vision & Diamond Vision & u'll know wat i mean.
McWell has got the philips bulbs on lighted display. u can go check it out.

well, u can also try F1 spec-R from Autobacs. its good & cheap @ abt $30/pair.
Platinum White emits a true white beam. but Diamond blue emits a blue beam, so avoid the Diamond blue spec so u won't attract those pesky ants.
altho' its taiwan made... the quality of the Filament is pretty good.

if u see fake Raybrig bulbs (eg. Raybrigt, Raybright)... Dun Buy Them!! those r r fucking crappy bulbs!

& also, u must install a BOSCH headlight Relay system for hi-wattage bulbs.
the relays enable the bulbs to last longer & makes it significantly brighter too. it costs abt $50.
pls dun get those lousy 20-30 dollar taiwan/china made headlight relays.

Good review - where to go to get the Phillips Diamond Vision bulbs? Do I need a headlight relay for the Diamond Vision bulbs, and if so, where to go?

Thanks Bro!

That was one good review..now I know what bulbs to get and what NOT to get... thanks alot phunkster

dickupyourass said:
Good review - where to go to get the Phillips Diamond Vision bulbs? Do I need a headlight relay for the Diamond Vision bulbs, and if so, where to go?

Thanks Bro!

yup.... its always better to use a headlight relay system no matter wat bulbs u use.

diamond vision can get from McWell... or Autofix @ sin ming autocare 5th floor.

i installed the relays @ sin ming autocare #04-18.
if Uncle Heng dun have stock, u can ask him to refer u to another shop nearby which installs BOSCH HL relays too.
cost is abt $50 total.

cheerz. :wavey:

MW said:
That was one good review..now I know what bulbs to get and what NOT to get... thanks alot phunkster

u r most welcome, dude. ;)

Bacon.jpg

What are the light bulb designations for the low beam and fog lamps for the E46FL (Fogs are those installed with the M Sport kit)

Thanks

phunkster said:
Steel Blue said:
Looking to change the light bulbs in my headlamps - want something that is more in tune with the daylight look. Read that a good choice will be the Phillips BlueVision bulbs.

Has anyone tried these in their headlamps, will the light emitted be "whiter" and brighter than stock?

Thanks!

firstly, only blue vision & crystal vision is LTA approved. diamond vision isn't becoz' it emits true white beam (@ 6000K).
white beam bulbs r actually pretty safe lah. but never get blue beam bulbs tho.
i've been using white beam bulbs for more than 2 yrs oready & so far so good. no TP harassments.

for white beam.... the color temperature should be between 5000K to 6000K.
above 6500K, the beam will start to turn bluish.
word of advise, blue beam bulbs attract ants easily, + it would reduce yur visibility on the roads as well. especially during wet conditions (eg. heavy downpours).

ok. genuine PIAA & Raybrig bulbs r good. but the cost is really not worthwhile. they r great for autocross, rallying & racing but not suitable for street.
Polarg bulbs r slightly cheaper, pretty good but not very durable. but the other smaller Polarg bulbs r good (12V5W, 12V21W, etc...) & its my fav bulbs.
i'd rather go for Philips Diamond Vision. its much more durable & cheaper than Polarg by abt 20-30 bucks & abt 50-60% cheaper than PIAA or Raybrig bulbs.

take note: the tint on the bulbs determines the whiteness of the beam.
the darker the blue tint, the whiter the beam.
compare the tint between Philips Blue vision & Diamond Vision & u'll know wat i mean.
McWell has got the philips bulbs on lighted display. u can go check it out.

well, u can also try F1 spec-R from Autobacs. its good & cheap @ abt $30/pair.
Platinum White emits a true white beam. but Diamond blue emits a blue beam, so avoid the Diamond blue spec so u won't attract those pesky ants.
altho' its taiwan made... the quality of the Filament is pretty good.

if u see fake Raybrig bulbs (eg. Raybrigt, Raybright)... Dun Buy Them!! those r r fucking crappy bulbs!

& also, u must install a BOSCH headlight Relay system for hi-wattage bulbs.
the relays enable the bulbs to last longer & makes it significantly brighter too. it costs abt $50.
pls dun get those lousy 20-30 dollar taiwan/china made headlight relays.

Very enLIGHTen liao !!

BTW...dun get those pliot lamp from McWell...the cheap version. Its BLUE in colour !! I change them the very next day cos it looks damn BENG man.

I got the Crystal Version....very good and bright. The blue version is better I feel but more ex. I blew one blub less than 1 month old...had to buy another set...so I settle for the crystal version instead. Scare that it blows again.

Ghostrider said:
Very enLIGHTen liao !!

BTW...dun get those pliot lamp from McWell...the cheap version. Its BLUE in colour !! I change them the very next day cos it looks damn BENG man.

I got the Crystal Version....very good and bright. The blue version is better I feel but more ex. I blew one blub less than 1 month old...had to buy another set...so I settle for the crystal version instead. Scare that it blows again.

philips bulbs tend to last quite long (especially philips "Longlife"). i'm quite surprised dat yur bulb blew within a month. even taiwan made bulbs can last longer than dat.

well, lets see how this one goes lorr. :)

or else, i suggest u install a headlight relay system.

Bacon.jpg

Blue vision doesn't get any whiter. Only real white is crystal vision & diamond vision.

im using a 4800k jap brand bulb which i got from autobacs its like $138 and it owns. i just got a set of IPL for my fogs 4600k for $101 and it owns as well!

i tried those phillips brands which cost like $50 imo they are just white or blue its not even bright. u cant even see the ray of light on the road.

now its gonna be quiet for another 3 years

Hi Lionel,

Can i know what brand are these bulbs that you have changed too? I dont suppose theres any error messages after you changed them?

Cheers

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb888wiki

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back