Key battery change

spec07

Hi guys, I'm driving a 2010 E90 320i. Felt that the remote is not sensitive when unlocking doors. Usually need to be very near to car or need to press unlock a few times. Could it be the battery weak or something else?

Where can I change the battery? Or can I DIY? The key that I'm holding is different from the post I found in here or in YouTube.View attachment 65133View attachment 65134

Any advice?

Re: Key battery change

It's faster to just search YouTube.

Just depress those 'parallel lines' and pull the normal key out, then use some pen or pencil or small fork(spelling checked) to open the rear cover and you will see a small battery inside. Change that.

If dunno, check youtube like brudder here said.

If still dunno, just go to hardware shop and the uncle owners probably have done this many times for customers.

If still dunno, then throw the key fob away. Order new one from PML (last one not I say one hor).

Yours look like non CA version however don't know how to replace one of those. Did a quick google search for non confort access key fob battery and found this: Non-Comfort Access KeyFob

Might work for you.

spec07;1104872 said:
Hi guys, I'm driving a 2010 E90 320i. Felt that the remote is not sensitive when unlocking doors. Usually need to be very near to car or need to press unlock a few times. Could it be the battery weak or something else?

Where can I change the battery? Or can I DIY? The key that I'm holding is different from the post I found in here or in YouTube.View attachment 65133View attachment 65134

Any advice?

Hallo can I ask you a question ? do you place a lot of stuffs in your trunk ?

Do you know there is an antenna in the trunk ? yes in the trunk ...

Do check it and adjust the antenna and you should be fine!

Red_Bean_Bun;1105243 said:
Only comfort access key fobs can change battery.

Oh no.... Seems like impossible to change the battery unless I dismantle the whole key.

SUPAN;1105283 said:
Hallo can I ask you a question ? do you place a lot of stuffs in your trunk ?

Do you know there is an antenna in the trunk ? yes in the trunk ...

Do check it and adjust the antenna and you should be fine!

My trunk is almost empty. Any idea where is the antenna located?

i have the exact same key for my e90.

looking for solution here as well ... thanks.

nkglfrs;1105782 said:
i have the exact same key for my e90.

looking for solution here as well ... thanks.

Same here. Still no solution for me. Unless you follow Juzme link.

Some of the keys cannot be opened easily. Some are fixed - u can call up Performance and they will let you know if your battery can be changed easily or not. If it cannot be, like for the 7 series E65 / E66 which has a rechargeable battery - you will have to cut the key open.

The 7 series uses the rechargeable Panasonic VL2020. You can buy this battery at Sim Lim Square or Sim Lim Tower (Kim Chew) and ask the shop to solder for you. Cost will be less than 30 dollars.... which is better than buying a new key fob which costs 500 from Performance.

There are some articles online on this issue.

Basically, I used a blade to cut it open and use Gorilla Glue from Giant to glue it back. It takes an extended drive to charge the battery.

View attachment 66715

Hi bros, i have successfully changed my e93 battery. Have a few leftover batteries and would like to provide a service to cover the cost of buying my soldering equipment. Lmk if you guys need help. 9116 9430

Attachments

• 58F51D30-CB9F-43AA-944B-7132E02D12BC.jpeg
    58F51D30-CB9F-43AA-944B-7132E02D12BC.jpeg
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 2,888

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chanlebank
Back