jerking during accelaration at low speeds

Re: jerking during accelaration at low speeds

i have not been to malaysia in this car. it is not a fuel related issue as far as i know. it is either the transmission or the valvetronic system at low rpms.

hetraa;253474 said:
how did u get them to change yr transmission? had to go back PML a couple of times with the same issue?

I didn't get them to change, they r the one who told me they are changing it.:)

bmer did the jerking happen only when engine cold or any time of the day? my car should be in to pml today they called me last week... your reply would help to discuss with the technical dept people i meet today. thanks....

desertfox65;255251 said:
bmer did the jerking happen only when engine cold or any time of the day? my car should be in to pml today they called me last week... your reply would help to discuss with the technical dept people i meet today. thanks....

Yup it does happen too when the car is cold...according to pml when they tested my car....cause normally for myself i will warm up my car a bit in the morning and go slow for like the first 5 to 10km....so maybe i didn't really notice the cold part. But I think is case to case basis la...cause my sister car also complain about the jerking issue, and they claim is like that one....so...hope this info helps....:) Gd Luck !!!

i had similar problem and the car jerk was quite apparant when accerlerating 2nd-3rd gears. I sat in and tested with the PML supervisor - the first thing he did was to ask me to drive and stop as usual in a carpark. as the car slowed, and then to a complete stop, the car jerk was very apparant. PML then updated the software and since then have not encountered the same problem.

THe software has been updated already to the latest version more than a month ago but no improvement even after that, dare I say, after the valve lift done by PML it has become a bit worse since last week.

i like to jerk myself when i accelerate too! im glad im not the only one!

desertfox65;252767 said:
I confirm it happens in sports mode as well, it is as if the car is cutting out for a very short period of time so it bucks and then recovers so you have a motion that I can only describe as hesitation then forward then hesitation and forward again until you accelerate more ,the car heats up and mostly the phenomenon is gone. The only time it doesnt happen when engine is cold, is when cruise control is engaged, so in my opinion it might not be transmission. I am still waiting for BMW/PML for their response.

is there a sports mode in the e90 320i? or is the default tip-tronic mode = sports mode? :confused:

yes there is tip tronic is activated only if yuo shift up or down. other wise it goes into DS which give higher gearing for a higher rpm and a more sporty ride.

icic ... i tot there there is a super cool red "Sports" button that can be depressed. :) like selecting M Power via iDrive!!

im having these jerks during acceleration. normally happens when im around 30-40kmph and i try to accelerate/going up slight incline. it goes away if i release the throttle and depress again firmly. seems like car in one gear higher than it should, hence the jerkiness. juz like driving manual in gear 3 but actual gear should be 2. in manual, we normally shift to 2 or depress a bit of clutch and a bit more on accelerator. but in e90 pre-lci, dunno wat to do man. not sure if due to car tuning. hmm maybe hv to de-tune back to factory and see how.

any suggestions? tia.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feinsteinzeug

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back