insurance

Jas1

Well-Known Member
Insurance due soon. Just seeking opinion on the companies.
AIG, NTUC, China Taiping or any other.
AIG and NTUC offering about $ 1400 with ncd protector and any workshop repairs.
My ncd is 50 percent.
Any feedback appreciated.
 
Re: insurance

AIG got no lawyers. Even if its not your fault ... you have to engage your own lawyer to claim the other party and prove to them 80% fault is the other party.

NTUC if langa comfort taxi ....... you think what they would do ?
 
Re: insurance

You may want to consider Aviva Online. The premium for my stock 2009 335i is only $847. Unlike other insurance companies that quote increasingly higher premium each year, Aviva Online quoted lower each year.
 
Aviva only insure stock cars. Perfect for people like me who have no money to mod. :sly:
 
Re: insurance

Cheap insurance comes free with inconvenient and clumsy claims process. So drive carefully.
 
Re: insurance

sometimes its not just about premiums.

but then, if you are just comparing premiums, then its obviously cheaper the better.
 
Re: insurance

I think AXA is reasonable.
 
Re: insurance

ktnpl;1040683 said:
You may want to consider Aviva Online. The premium for my stock 2009 335i is only $847. Unlike other insurance companies that quote increasingly higher premium each year, Aviva Online quoted lower each year.
That is F cheap, r u kidding me? With 50% NCD, 5% good traffic record and no claims for past 3-5 years, did not get premium quotes close to it.
 
Re: insurance

I was previously on directasia.
Their premiums seem reasonable, but claims procedure was seriously troublesome and there was an amazing amount of fineprint.

Really salute....
 
Re: insurance

Have been using AXA for a darn long time.
Had 2 minor incidents in my previous rides.
Lawyers professional, premiums not too far off, in sum:
Peace of mind (so far).
 
Re: insurance

Baby1M;1040895 said:
That is F cheap, r u kidding me? With 50% NCD, 5% good traffic record and no claims for past 3-5 years, did not get premium quotes close to it.

My Aviva Car Insurance Policy Schedule with car number blanked out (car is registered in May 2009):

CAR INSURED
MAKE & TYPE OF BODY: BMW 335 3.0 i 2979cc
REGISTRATION NO.: SJQ_____
SUM INSURED: Market Value inclusive of COE
YEAR OF MANUFACTURE: 2008
OFF-PEAK CAR: No
MODIFICATIONS TO YOUR CAR: No

NO CLAIMS DISCOUNT
(This NCD amount is specific to your Aviva policy only)
NCD%: 50
Safe Driver Discount%: 5

TYPE OF COVER: Comprehensive
Own Damage Excess
POLICY EXCESS: S$1,000.00
VOLUNTARY EXCESS: S$0.00
note: in addition to policy excess
YOUNG AND/OR INEXPERIENCED DRIVER EXCESS: S$2,500.00
(Aged 24 and below and/or has held a valid driving license for less than 1 year.)
note: in addition to policy and voluntary excess
WINDSCREEN EXCESS: S$100.00
All excess subject to GST if applicable

PREMIUM CALCULATION
PREMIUM S$ 791.59
GST @ 7.00% S$ 55.41
TOTAL DUE S$ 847.00
Date Issued 14-Apr-2013
 
Re: insurance

Very good price.
 
Re: insurance

I opted for voluntary excesss in the past but not sure why it was removed and premium is cheaper!
 
Re: insurance

LimPeh;1040712 said:
Aviva only insure stock cars. Perfect for people like me who have no money to mod. :sly:

Mine too. 100% stock. Even tyres were replaced after wear and tear with exact same brand and model (Michelin PS2).
 
Re: insurance

ktnpl;1041704 said:
I opted for voluntary excesss in the past but not sure why it was removed and premium is cheaper!

Maybe you moved into the next age bracket?
 
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back
Top