Ignition Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2D

Hi Guys

Apart from the famous Volker Plugs, R2D is able to provide a solution to increase the overall energy of your ignition system at a fraction of the cost.

We do not increase the operating voltage of the ignition system but rather bolster the current draw such that the nett energy transfer is much greater.

This solution is achieved via Reactance Matching of components and engineered for each type of ignition system.

The process is fully reversable.

Call us to book a session as the process will take 45mins.

See you soon....

Re: Ignition Upgrades

interesting offer!

could you list the benefits of such an upgrade as well as which type of cars are suitable/unsuitable?

any downsides? electrical, mechanical or otherwise? any ECU codes that might be triggered? is this similar to upgrading of ignition coils?

any warranty on the product and any warranty against damage arising from use of such an upgrade?

cheers

Sure thing louis..

The benefits include a torquier engine given the same throttle inputs. I do not increase the voltage of your ignition system but rather increase it's overall energy content.

Race ignition coils have a similiar effect as they have thicker primary coils that increase the current through the charging cycle. This increases the amount of magnetic flux stored within the coil and therefore output is higher. This increase in magnetic flux usually allows greater amounts of secondary windings that can increase the peak voltage of ignition coils and this in turn leads to longer spark durations.

I modified this ignition circuit based on the premise that i would like to keep the original coils (cannot afford to stock sports coils for every make and model) and maximise the energy transfer. Its like a subwoofer setup in the boot. You can get monster sized cables to allow large amounts of currents to flow but it would be better if you have a ready source of power (with low internal resistance) just outside the amp. I provide this solution at ~10% of the price of race coils.

My partner has calculated and tested the values to best match single coil over plug types, Dual wasted spark coils and even old school single coil distributor types. Each are different. So there is engineering involved in the design.

The only car that i have come across that have problems fitting is the Hyundai Getz cos its all in 1 single unit.

I have not experienced any fault codes thrown out as the car does not know that they exist. I tap into the power supply wires to bolster the current drain during charging. To the ignition coils, they just see a big big battery to draw power from.

I can offer a warranty on the modification but that would not extend to all cars. Certain cars have been known to blow their coils easily (hint: have red colour coils) and so i will need to give selected warranties. BM engines, no problem...

The only issue that i can foresee is to change the caps after 2 years of driving as they are electrolytic and may fail with time. I must stress that I am using the best available on the market and thay are Military Spec components (tested to 5% tolerance and 105 degrees C). But like i said earlier, coils do fail too. (insulation breakdown and ignition amplifiers shorting are common occurances)

And yes, the entire process in reversable. There will be small nicks on the insulation which will be taped up. That's about it. I know a lot of this is technical jargon but i have had countless cars running around with these mods. Most of them have the vertical H logo....There are a couple of white and blue propellers that my partner has done too.

Cheers

the promotion will only be on this saturday?

hi guys, rodney did this on my dc5 along with volker spec II plugs.. a world of difference, esp in higher revs. must try.

thanks for detailed reply. i'll definitely have a chat with rodney about this when i bump into him!

cheers

Hi Guys, sorry about not being able to answer the calls.

Something came up last minute...when we meet up, i'll let you know more... hee hee..

The promotion prices will be for this saturday. But services will be available throughout.

Please call 63163283 or 96651761 to arrange with Nadia for a slot to do your cars.

Dun worry, i offer money back if you are not satisfied...

weak_pig;306586 said:
hi R2D-UM2, will this mod void the vehicle warranty?

Guys, i have to be frank, anything you do to your car may void the warranty. Heck, even PML wanted to void warranties for rim changes. That is how the agents hold you by the (you know what)... It all depends on how far you want to go with the agent. If they can prove that the additional devices have spoilt the defective part then they win. Else, you can go to higher mgmt to seek redress.

The only thing that i can say is that we can remove the device and mask the nick on the insulation. But i must say, there will be a marked difference in the car's performance.

cheers

fixed the plugs and ignition upgrades today

must admit was very very skeptical at first

after installation noticed better pick up and smoother engine.. overall car felt much lighter

i think this mod is definitely worth the money..

I also installed this yesterday, and the volker plugs.

First things first. great bunch of guys and gals at UM2. They fed me, watered me, and it was a grand opening day with a few of the forummers there, Ken, Sam to name a few.

After driving the car for a day now, i can 100% say, the car is LOTS better. No more hesitation, smooth idle, instant throttle response from any rpm, low down torque seemed to improve as well. The car has "woken" up considerably. Absolutely briliant. Now considering my car is stock, the improvement is astounding. You guys with open pods, exhausts etc, if you dont get this mod, there is something wrong with you.
All my E46 kaki's better get this or i can longer be seen with any of you.
All the guys with 335's, Ken, Omar, Sam, Hitmee, ABD, DV etc, be afraid, be very afraid of the stealth black E46 lurking the streets.

UM2 is now my new hangout on weekends. BRILLIANT.
Next weel, oil change for engine, auto and diff. steam.

Oh, only thing i hate about this mod, now i need Brembo's!!!

Stop whinging, get this done, PERIOD.

Wahahahahaha, I just pee'd in my pants, Phil........

is this similar to BVO's IVAC Amp and Coil Booster?
Im running them now and would it conflict?

phil;307232 said:
All the guys with 335's, Ken, Omar, Sam, Hitmee, ABD, DV etc, be afraid, be very afraid of the stealth black E46 lurking the streets.

Aiyeeeeee.... Monster E46 in the waters....

Bro Kenn,

Yendor mentioned u changed to torco engine oil. care to comment?? thanks!

Yapster said:
Bro Kenn, Yendor mentioned u changed to torco engine oil. care to comment?? thanks!
One word.........

BOOSTED !!!

That's exactly how it felt.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back