How to make your car smell like PML showroom car?

Re: How to make your car smell like PML showroom car?

darkknight;650156 said:
I think the complimentary leather care that comes with the new car will probably upkeep the smell... i think so... the SE said one... :)
Not entirely true.
I use BMW leather cleaner once in 2 months, the 'new car smell' do not exist thus it does not upkeep the smell.

That smell came from the materials used, the seat padding, the seat material the headliner, the carpet underlayment, the carpeting add the clean no dust condition inside the dash board and never operated components.

Can't bring that smell back.

Toxic... is the right word.

The new car smell in known as VOC...volatile organic compound.

Got testing machine can detect the concentration de.

VOC itself is so contradicting because organic is suppose to be good.

BMW sells 2 leather care products...one is the foam cleaner which has just a little bit of smell. The other is the lotion which has stronger smell. None of them smell like new car.

Slow_poke_driver;1108685 said:
The new car smell in known as VOC...volatile organic compound.

Got testing machine can detect the concentration de.

VOC itself is so contradicting because organic is suppose to be good.

BMW sells 2 leather care products...one is the foam cleaner which has just a little bit of smell. The other is the lotion which has stronger smell. None of them smell like new car.

Allow me to digress, but let me clarify the term 'organic'. I think you are confusing organic foods, as in pesticide/herbicide and hormone-free food with organic molecules in chemistry. The term organic compounds refer to carbon-containing compounds, derived from the olden days when philosophers thought that only living (organic) things can make carbon-containing compounds, in contrast to inorganic compounds (such as sodium chloride, silicon dioxide) which is not made by living things.

I placed the newly bought 3M mat in my car without airing it.

Smelled twice the power of the new car aroma.

interestingly i hitched a ride from a colleague and his 7 yr old car had the smell of brand new leather.
i was like what the hell..... no air freshener no nothing.
upon questioning he said the only thing he did was wiping his seats with 3m leather and vinyl care the week before.
worth a try..

I thought BMW leather smell dun goes off one? My previous 7 series eight years Liao still smell gao gao lei

Last edited by a moderator:

sanerling;1118150 said:
interestingly i hitched a ride from a colleague and his 7 yr old car had the smell of brand new leather.
i was like what the hell..... no air freshener no nothing.
upon questioning he said the only thing he did was wiping his seats with 3m leather and vinyl care the week before.
worth a try..
I do the same too.

chesterchong;1133726 said:
hmmm ???? here we go? where?

MA???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bestsolicitors2112
Back