Horrible Roads!!!

seanskye

Took a 'shortcut' through Cavenagh Road from Orchard today. This has got to be the worst road in SG with almost the entire stretch from Orchard having been patched in bits and pieces. Bone-shaking experience, hope my suspension and tyres are not busted (heard a creaking sound from the front @$%#¥€!!!!). Maybe back of Istana means back of sight and out of mind... CCB roadworks!!!!!

Re: Horrible Roads!!!

Have u tried the bend near the new SUTD campus at Upper Changi road?

Horrible Roads!!!

MW;1048028 said:

Agree with you on that. I worked at CBP before, it was really horrible when they first removed the Shell station. But Cavenagh road really takes the cake cos there is only one narrow lane and you can't switch to other lanes to avoid potholes or bumps. Must avoid that road at all cost. Or borrow an SUV to test suspension......

Last edited by a moderator:

Eh .... I use that road quite often. Till yesterday the banga closed off one lane and was doing some works there.

They must have did a fcuk job patching it back.

pay high road-tax other related costs to drive in spore n yet road surfaces are SHIT!

The road surface in Singapore is a disgrace. Do things no pride might as well don't do. I never scold anyone because I don't even know who is responsible.

Now a days majority of roads from small side streets to major expressways are shit. Car owners paying high taxes but LTA sub contracting to cheapest bidders for roadworks + half completed jobs

for me the worst road remains Havelock to river valley leng kee. I will race any GTRs in my rover....to queensway.

MW;1048028 said:

For that road just need to drive fast and fly over

Pls send feedback on roads potholes to :
Land Transport Authority

According to LTA :
What is LTA’s road maintenance programme?
We check and maintain public roads and road facilities regularly to keep them safe for motorists, commuters and pedestrians.

•Expressways – daily
•Major roads – every 2 weeks
•Minor roads – once every 2 months
Maintenance deals with all aspects of the physical conditions of the road network, including the carriageways, footpaths, streetlights, bus shelters, signages, pedestrian overhead bridges and other structures.

Once defects are spotted, they are fixed promptly.

Nowadays whenever I manage to find any nice roads that I stumble upon, I will u-turn and drive on it again just for fun

ozipo;1048174 said:
According to LTA :
What is LTA’s road maintenance programme?
We check and maintain public roads and road facilities regularly to keep them safe for motorists, commuters and pedestrians.

•Expressways – daily
•Major roads – every 2 weeks
•Minor roads – once every 2 months
Maintenance deals with all aspects of the physical conditions of the road network, including the carriageways, footpaths, streetlights, bus shelters, signages, pedestrian overhead bridges and other structures.

Once defects are spotted, they are fixed promptly.
HAHAHAHAHA joke of the century!

An old pal explained that most of the patchy roadworks were usually the fault of other parties who dig up the roads to carry out works for utilities eg. telecoms, electricity, gas, water, sewerage, etc. and they didn't do a proper job of reinstating the roads. I asked him what then was LTA supposed to do, and why can't the legions of LTA chaps on bikes going around catching tints and other mods look at the condition of the road which is a safety issue as well. He couldn't give a straight answer... Sigh!

Quite true ..... Last time when I had to dig roads with bangas I remember my site foreman went to bang table with PUB after PUB nuked the road to lay the water pipe. PUB bochap. Finally between the stat boards, they finally settled and did the cut / fill thing and smoothen out the road - 1 month later.

Banga work quality standard always the same .... If the road uneven - It's the site foreman's fault.

seanskye;1048369 said:
An old pal explained that most of the patchy roadworks were usually the fault of other parties who dig up the roads to carry out works for utilities eg. telecoms, electricity, gas, water, sewerage, etc. and they didn't do a proper job of reinstating the roads. I asked him what then was LTA supposed to do, and why can't the legions of LTA chaps on bikes going around catching tints and other mods look at the condition of the road which is a safety issue as well. He couldn't give a straight answer... Sigh!

Horrible Roads!!!

ozipo;1048370 said:
Yam Ah Mee's fault

Wrong era leh. Raymond Lim, Hwee Hua, Yam and Saw all gone from the transport scene.

Last edited by a moderator:

I doubt LTA is the main culprit.... but whoever it is, I still feel that it's a disgrace to our country and a letdown to our previous generations' hard working civil servants/contractors/workers who paved the roads we used to be so proud of.

What roads?.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetsystems

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back