Help needed on exhaust

z76

Hi Guys

Need help urgently, was cuaght for exhaust and realised my middle section pipe was modified. Any kind soul here has the stock ones to borrow, loan, rent so I can have my insepction done?

If possible, I can buy over as well. Labour will be on me....

Contact

Re: Help needed on exhaust

For E60??

Maybe you want to try FOng Kim or JeepChee. Sometime they do have stock exhaust or pipe for loan.

Hi z76, you can try the exhaust shops first, as what Ct13 mentioned.

Also, it may be useful if you start a thread in Bazaar section saying you want to buy stock e60 exhaust (full exhaust), and also listing what e60 you have.

Good luck!

Thanks guys, called a couple shops but they do not have... Went to propel and they do have stock exhaust at a hefty price though.

Question is, the stock full exhaust is one whole uncut piece and current one on my ride is welded with supersprint muffler.... I am not sure how to get this resloved. Some say with the cert, get it welded on is legal, some says otherwise.

Btw, i am on 2005 e60.

the midsection is not welded to the rear supersprint, it uses clamps. (all exhausts use this for bmw)

header down >clamps on midsection>exhaust

just borrow the midsection for a day.

z76;892620 said:
Thanks guys, called a couple shops but they do not have... Went to propel and they do have stock exhaust at a hefty price though.

Question is, the stock full exhaust is one whole uncut piece and current one on my ride is welded with supersprint muffler.... I am not sure how to get this resloved. Some say with the cert, get it welded on is legal, some says otherwise.

Btw, i am on 2005 e60.

To pass inspection make sure whichever piece of the exhaust replacing is a complete piece that bolt on without any sign of non factory welding. . Even if it is original with non factory welding mark is not acceptable.

You passed ?

IS250C;892642 said:
To pass inspection make sure whichever piece of the exhaust replacing is a complete piece that bolt on without any sign of non factory welding. . Even if it is original with non factory welding mark is not acceptable.

Red_Bean_Bun;892653 said:
You passed ?

I did not do anything to mid section.
LTA is in the loop that some will use the original piece and cut up to make changes to the internal parts so once they see non factory welding mark then no pass.

Hahahahaha... orh gong $500... happened to me few months ago... Lucky for me, my workshop kept stock of a stock e60 exos.. $500 change the whole damm 1 Piece over, went for inspection.. after that... guai guai my E60 sooo quiet!!

Hope you find your exhaust soon...

mmmm, xavier, saw the stock e60 exhaust from scrap yard, its a one straight piece all the way to the muffler, without clamp..not just the mid section pipe

checked with the inspection center, they said if my muffler is lta approved with cert, we can cut the stock rear end muffler off and put on the supersprint with the clamps... is that consider legal?? Not gonna spend this money if it still consider illegal......

TIA for all the bros advise

Thanks all, problem looks like resolving.. will send for inspection on sat......

hi, its weird that its 1 straight piece all the way to muffler.

the e60s i see all use clamps one.

z76;893167 said:
mmmm, xavier, saw the stock e60 exhaust from scrap yard, its a one straight piece all the way to the muffler, without clamp..not just the mid section pipe

checked with the inspection center, they said if my muffler is lta approved with cert, we can cut the stock rear end muffler off and put on the supersprint with the clamps... is that consider legal?? Not gonna spend this money if it still consider illegal......

TIA for all the bros advise

Hi Xavier, no, all stock exhaust is a straight piece. Stock muffler part is cut off to allow SS muffler to clamp it on - and thats approved (crappy IMHO)

Hi Ct13, tks, just purchased one from scrapyard and get it replaced at FK. Previous modified one was thrown away.

And most crappy is, I still received LTA letter with a slap of $500 fine; have wrote in to appeal.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet41so

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back