GruppeM Airfilter for the 3 Series Valvetronic.

rodders

Legendary 10 Years
Hi Ryan,

I can't seem to be able to get more information from the link that you have provided as the site is in Japanese. Will you be able to provide more information on this new filter...like it's performance improvement, the price and it's availability here and where I'm able to get it done.
Thanks.

Hi,

So far, I c only at GruppeM Japan website. I've written to them for price and shipping charges, so far, no reply. I'll update later. In Thailand, if we order through distributor of GruppeM, it costs 40,000 Baht for all E46 models:- 318(1.9,2.0), 323,325,328 and 330. This includes installation and subsequent services. But I think ordering directly is still cheaper.
:)
Rgds,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info. Will wait for more details and write up before deciding on it. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Ryan

This is good news, man!

But, the pix looked like a Compact (see HDLights).

Hopefully same Valvetronic set up and we can start using the GruppeM!

Sure got gains one, just how much only, right? :)

:thumbsup:

TobyNik said:
Ryan

This is good news, man!

But, the pix looked like a Compact (see HDLights).

Hopefully same Valvetronic set up and we can start using the GruppeM!

Sure got gains one, just how much only, right? :)

:thumbsup:
Haha yeap..

Just that i dont know whether the sound will be what it's like in my 318 1.9 also.

Terrible after a while. :roll:

Re: GruppeM Airfilter for the 3 Series Valvetronic.

ryan said:
Peter_TH has just posted a pretty interesting new mod all valvetronic users might be looking for!

That looks like a 316Ti leh......

actually the sound the gruppe m makes is totally different than just a big cone K&N. eventhough the gruppe M uses a bespoke K&N cone too.

i'm sure you have heard both. i must agree that the lousy drone on a 4 cylinder from a K&N cone is crappy and uninspiring. and loud and intrusive after a while.

but the trumpet of the gruppe m really sweetens the sound. maybe one day i have time i should transplant my gruppe m into the z3 to test what it's like.

peter_th said:
Hi,

So far, I c only at GruppeM Japan website. I've written to them for price and shipping charges, so far, no reply. I'll update later. In Thailand, if we order through distributor of GruppeM, it costs 40,000 Baht for all E46 models:- 318(1.9,2.0), 323,325,328 and 330. This includes installation and subsequent services. But I think ordering directly is still cheaper.
:)
Rgds,

Peter

Hi Peter!!

For a moment, I thot you've installed the GruppeM CAI liao........me dam sotong......

I think it'll cost more than 40000 baht for the 318 valvetronic if you were to order from Thai distributor.........

The one you quote above is at 86100yen = S$1367 w/o shipping

From the Japanese website the N42 valvetronic GruppeM CAI is oready S$1468 locally w/o airfreight & taxes.....

I can get the GruppeM CAI for your car at S$1435 inclusive of airfreight, insurance, 5%GST & misc bank wire transfer charges.

Cheers!! ;)

'The Great White'

Hi Wilson,

Interested...I'm going to Singapore at the beginning of August 2004. I can pick it up from you directly. Can you E-mail me the arrangement? By the way, haven't done anything with the brakes! Can't get Brembo here - out of stock... and as you said, nothing for rear set.

[email protected]

Cheers,

Peter :)

if you want to upgrade brakes, make sure you have adequate support on discs and pads. you dont want to end up with a scenario where your pads or discs are gone and you still cannot find replacement. then your car will be stuck.

Hehe, UUC BBK got all the replacements U'll need, they have both front & rear somemore.......

From UUC website...

"Additional parts are available for purchase separately:

Description Pricing

FRONT rotors:

replacement 13" 1-piece slotted rotor $150/each
replacement 14" slotted rotor complete with hat $240/each
replacement 14" slotted rotor without hat (re-use original hat) $190/each

REAR rotors:

12.9" slotted (except as noted below) $150/each
12.9" slotted E46 M3/330 $220/each
12.9" slotted for E46 328/325/323, E36 328/325/323 $180/each

For brake pads, there's so many brands to choose from there.....

Currently they're using ceramic compound pads with very little dust & still bites as well as those street/autocross pads!!

Cheers

'The Great White'

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=175705

6651fullinstall.jpg

6651closeup1.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member