Goodyear F1 Asymmetric low profile sidewall crack

Re: Goodyear F1 Asymmetric low profile sidewall crack

Deadkookaburra;544419 said:
i believe this defect applies to the older tyres i.e manufacturing year 08 or before.

wt_know;544421 said:
i assume it is manufacturing defect rather that design flaw huh and new batch of production should be fine.

i find F1 ASY is the most cost effective (i mean cheap la) for its performance compare to PS2, CSC3, Yoko Advan, etc

notice that the cracks r always around the area where goodyear has its active conergrip technology. could it really be a designed flaw?

My 1st batch of Asym had 08 production. This had no issues. My 2nd batch that cracked had '09 production.

i guess they havent really rectified the problem. heng suay

Had the same problem as well, my front tires were cracked, 235/35/19.

Goodyear Msia replaced it however, after doing some checking as the tire wear was even (if under inflated, it will show more wear at the tire shoulders) and less than 20% wear rate.

AS for the performance, I would rate this tire highly, as good as the CSC2 and PS2 I had before, for a much lower price. How much are these F1 going for in Singapore, say 265/30/19?

Thanks

A couple of photos taken with my Iphone,

Last edited by a moderator:

albundy;551736 said:
Had the same problem as well, my front tires were cracked, 235/35/19.

Goodyear Msia replaced it however, after doing some checking as the tire wear was even (if under inflated, it will show more wear at the tire shoulders) and less than 20% wear rate.

AS for the performance, I would rate this tire highly, as good as the CSC2 and PS2 I had before, for a much lower price. How much are these F1 going for in Singapore, say 265/30/19?

Thanks

A couple of photos taken with my Iphone,

oh.. gosh.. looks bad..

may we know which year and week production are those tyres?

holy mutha forking sidewall crack !!!:whatthe::shock::eek:

I am using the same tyre last week when I visited my kawans up there. Just checked my tyres n cant see similar cracks.:sickinbe:

230kpa considered under inflation?:thinking:

Last edited by a moderator:

Samuel Tan See Teng;551738 said:
oh.. gosh.. looks bad..

may we know which year and week production are those tyres?

Not too sure if its indeed a common problem or one of those rare defects.

However got it replaced, and so far it's been fine. The rear tires have no problems so far, and I am planning to replace them with F1 again. Anyone has any idea where its the best place to get it in Singapore?

Cheers

I almost wanted to buy a set of these but settled for Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 eventually. AD08 is fantastic!

Physicist;552166 said:
I almost wanted to buy a set of these but settled for Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 eventually. AD08 is fantastic!

Am sure these AD08s are great.

How much you got it for?

Cheers

On a side note - Any one experienced these tyres screeching often during braking ?

Red_Bean_Bun;556553 said:
On a side note - Any one experienced these tyres screeching often during braking ?
screeching would be the result of the brakes. tyres will not screech

Slater;556635 said:
screeching would be the result of the brakes. tyres will not screech

Mine's not the metal type sound. It sounds more like the just before an accident type of sound or the drifting kind of sound. Now I have to step on the brakes harder, longer and earlier. But the tyre looks fine though.

Red_Bean_Bun;556640 said:
Mine's not the metal type sound. It sounds more like the just before an accident type of sound or the drifting kind of sound. Now I have to step on the brakes harder, longer and earlier. But the tyre looks fine though.
bro u stepping very hard is it? will normal braking also cause the screech?

Folks at the VW audi forum also facing the same problem with F1 Asy:

VAGSG Community

Wondering if this is a Singapore/Malaysia problem or world wide problem ?:furious:

Slater;556641 said:
bro u stepping very hard is it? will normal braking also cause the screech?

My car so underpowered, theoretically do not need to step hard. But it does produce the "eeiiihhh" sound quite often during braking. Is this typical ?

Red_Bean_Bun;562141 said:
My car so underpowered, theoretically do not need to step hard. But it does produce the "eeiiihhh" sound quite often during braking. Is this typical ?
i dun think so. am using them now, no eeiihhh sound no matter how hard or soft i brake

well it has finally happened to me, my rear right side inner sidewalls cracked... nnb
nex set will be hankooooks

Mockngbrd;649931 said:
well it has finally happened to me, my rear right side inner sidewalls cracked... nnb
nex set will be hankooooks

Mileage?

Did my 20k km check, ok..... :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88coach

Latest posts