Fseries Coding and Disccusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fseries Coding and Disccusion

Meek;971098 said:
I am happy if you can share what can be done on your e90. However just be mindful that all e numbers are not the same. My e84 has folding mirrors, idrive, comfort access, bi-zenons and there are certainly options that can be enabled with the correct knowlege. Bmw certainly knows how to confuse the hell out of everyone by installing diff versions and makes of diff components.

Yup, can't compare apple to oranges. Just that some of us on E90 318/320 have so little options for coding.

Personally, i've retrofited autodim mirrors, folding side mirrors, Bluetooth phone on my E90.

I agree with you that BMW confuses ppl like hell. so many versions of same module which sometimes the software cannot detect at all unless more expensive coding software and hardware is used.

Anyway, here's a list of possible things to code for E9X cars. The coding options should be similiar for other E-series just that which is the module to code might be different as some modules exist in certain models but not in others.

http://www.trevorloken.com/bmw/BMW_E9x_Code_List_v1edit.pdf

Understand that for the e84 (20i), the module is similar to the e89. So, coding access is the same.

where TS go? is he revising the price of the cables he will be selling??

mine 80 bucks only... the cable can swim.. can dance also... and it will playback.. internet 20 only... internet 20 only... internet 20 only... swee bo?

Meek;971120 said:
Understand that for the e84 (20i), the module is similar to the e89. So, coding access is the same.

E9x is referred to as E89 within the software so I guess E84 same as well

I always recode the Auto stop start after ilevel has upgraded , simply not used to it. Without the knowledge of coding, I will pay and waste time by sending to PML. Not to mention on other functions as well.

Current E_sys version now is 3.22 and DataFolders which contain various control unit's class library (CAFD) version is 49.1 ( Porky88 i think you have the iata/p 2.49 , i wouldn't mind sharing with you this latest version ) .

Correct me if i'm wrong, the car has a VCM,Vehicle Configuration management, and within the VCM , it stores unique entries of your own car into FP (vehicle profile) and FA(vehicle order). These FP and FA are critical ( not recommend to touch) ,example:
---------------------------------------------------
SA609 - Navigation System, Professional
SA614 - Internet preparation
SA6NF - Music interface for Smartphone’s
SA6NK - Connectivity, Bluetooth and USB devices
SA6NR - Apps
SA6NL - BMW Live
SA688 - Harman/kardon Surround Sound System

,and underneath there are all those control units's class which organized hierarchically as a tree structure , calling the SVT ( system variant table ). Within the SVT, there are the coding files belongs to the CAFD.

Every time , when an Ilevel upgraded, the CAFD file of each control units will be changed. Maybe changing for the better to solve bug issues or against some blackhat. Every new upgraded version , only some control unit may be affected, so you need a latest CAFD file to recode back your car as settings are reverted.

Example of the control units ( shared by one humble forumer here)

ACSM: advance crash safety module
CMB_Media: combox media
DSC: Dynamic stability control
FEM_body: Front electronic module
HU_CIC: head Unit - car front entertainment
IHKA - Integrated automatic heating and air
KOMBI: speedo cluster related
etc etc:;

The purpose of this sharing session, I hope a small community on coding is setup and constantly update each other about changes and sharing knowledge.
Nowadays, People DIY coding for Fseries is quite common, you will just only google and just follow the cheat sheet and turning on the setting. But i will doubt you will dare to touch the DSC or ACSM control units if you know what it stand for.

As from last two days ago, my ilevel was upgraded to the latest ( I supposed) , Porky88 if you want , i can share with you my est key also.
View attachment 48778

PS: don't need buy cable from Porky, just buy OBDII from Alibaba Obdii Connector Obdii Plugys-c584 - Buy Obd Connector,Obd Plug,Obd Connector Product on Alibaba.com and get it solder to RJ45 CAT 6 cable. Cheap cheap.

davidtch;971089 said:
IMHO, what's the point with all these coding? BMW is the toy. It is meant to be driven hard. It is nvr about the folding mirror or comfort access. Those stuff are juz accessory to make your BMW looks expensive.

chazrt;971090 said:
wow, we have a good crowd going. Maybe we need a room with a projector. haha do a proper workshop. :p

Just a sharing session nia. using mine and William's computers. Because we have two different version of CAFD data. easy to simulate and hopefully no problem in coding different Ilevel.

wah... u still alive.. car never catch fire cos of coding???
u need to go pray pray...

cos i will every day curse your car tire puncture!!!

marcus28;971152 said:
Just a sharing session nia. using mine and William's computers. Because we have two different version of CAFD data. easy to simulate and hopefully no problem in coding different Ilevel.

u serious??!!! u donno what i-level your pdzdata can code?? u realised u not playing with computer and handphone right? u play with a car that has brakes and other safety systems...

eh.. ai mai buy cable... 80 only.. sibei tockong one.... can chu smoke one...

marcus28;971152 said:

Aiyo, I got money to burn my own car, u blow meh.

Bro, stop acting like a small baby lar

porky88;971161 said:
u serious??!!! u donno what i-level your pdzdata can code?? u realised u not playing with computer and handphone right? u play with a car that has brakes and other safety systems...

eh.. ai mai buy cable... 80 only.. sibei tockong one.... can chu smoke one...

swee.. when u want to burn your car.. let us know.. u go video and youtube... sure more tockong that psy's mtv

my 80 cable only for u ... come to think of it.. u damn cum gong then...

hiaz.....

i just bloody hate two face fakes...

so when i see one... i get damn excited :)

come come 80 dollar cable... fresh one..

don't need sunday.. 7 early 8 early run to sim lim tower to rewire one....

no shy

marcus28;971163 said:
Aiyo, I got money to burn my own car, u blow meh.

Bro, stop acting like a small baby lar

Porky88: seriously, i think all those reading this thread knows what sort of depth u have. I believe thru out this whole thread u have been creating a scene. I believe TS had been apologetic and personally SMS to u. You did not stop ur disruptive creation. Instead you went further. Everybody here have eyes to see what is right and what is wrong.

Prior to your been there done that, we all buy BMW.. I believe everybody wants a car that is customizable to their own liking. If not i can't understand y those custom Ferrari and Lambo are selling so much more than off the shelves.

you want to see his sms???

apologise my ass

if he is sincere just admen his post... with that offensive remark.... if not marcus28 will be my best buddy on the forum... he post wat.. i disturb wat... well.. that's until admin ban me :)

Williammm;971169 said:
Porky88: seriously, i think all those reading this thread knows what sort of depth u have. I believe thru out this whole thread u have been creating a scene. I believe TS had been apologetic and personally SMS to u. You did not stop ur disruptive creation. Instead you went further. Everybody here have eyes to see what is right and what is wrong.

Prior to your been there done that, we all buy BMW.. I believe everybody wants a car that is customizable to their own liking. If not i can't understand y those custom Ferrari and Lambo are selling so much more than off the shelves.

wah... got my first childish .. from williammm... :)

i repeat.. the solution has already been presented... change his post.. or this continues until i get ban... or i grow up....

Hmm since you have called for me, then let me elaborate :

1. U sell me a cable which is not working and I spent lotsa of time troubleshooting
2. I fixed myself and nevertheless I said" thanks bro" since you have help
to kick start my activity.
3 I face problem with esys and seek u for help, you divert me to a forum to search myself. U never responded my SMS after that.
4. Finally , I managed to learn and sent u sms that my "coding succeeded" , I think u have mistook me for complimenting you.

5. Today you shout and cursed me . Fine.. I let u cry baby....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet41so

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups