Flat Tyre Monitor System

NeulonB

Hi Bros,

Do you know if our stock F30's tyre monitoring system's sensors are ABS type or in the sensors in the rims types?

The stock system only indicate loss when it is critically low. Would like to get a third party Tyre Pressure Monitoring System where they indicate the pressure readings, but their sensors are in the rims. I'm not sure if it will replace our original sensors.

If our sensors are ABS type, then this third party system will complement.

Anyone knows?

Thanks a lot.

Re: Flat Tyre Monitor System

Thanks Growler,

Any idea where this sensor is? Reading further, it seems there are two types of monitoring system.
a) Tyre Pressure sensor
b) Flat Tyre sensor

Which one is our F30 fitted with?

I think it's in the wheel arch. Those in the rims you can get a bmw original set fitted locally which can then show the temp and pressure of each wheel on your idrive. Local shop elebest does this retrofitted option.

NeulonB;1126850 said:
Hi Bros,

Do you know if our stock F30's tyre monitoring system's sensors are ABS type or in the sensors in the rims types?

The stock system only indicate loss when it is critically low. Would like to get a third party Tyre Pressure Monitoring System where they indicate the pressure readings, but their sensors are in the rims. I'm not sure if it will replace our original sensors.

If our sensors are ABS type, then this third party system will complement.

Anyone knows?

Thanks a lot.
original is ABS base sensor (not fitted with the valve)
otherwise is quite simple to ask any tyre shop they will no ,If don't know this is the shop to avoid hahaha
why you want to have 3rd party sensor which already go it
when you have 2 information you have more problem when 2 gave you contradicting info
Original is GOOD enough to my opinion

Hi robberttan,

I installed a third party TPMS because the one that elebest does which is in sync with the idrive is way too expensive for my budget.
The current stock one (After my humble research) tells you only on a flat tyre or extremely low pressure - when the diameter of the tyre reduces greatly. That is a bit too late when the warning comes on. I have a rather low profile tyres so I cannot use visual to check.
Now with the new TPMS, it tells me exactly the pressure on the tyres real time. Very helpful IMO.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet41so

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back