Finding out more on BMW

piggyboyz

Core Group Members
Don depend on hearsay... Drive one to know it kekeke....

Well all cars at the age of 10 will have component failing... My household Toyota, which is touted it's reliability starts to fail one by one...

I guess u just have to have a more thorough look at it before confirming the purchase...

As for gearbox, the E36 are way tougher than the E46. My buddy's E36 320 sees 200k when he sold it without problem, and he don drive like a ku niang, redline the car prob every hour hahaha... :thumbsup:

Just think why most of the >10 years car are Continental...

Re: Finding out more on BMW

NickyPower said:
Always wanted to get a 320, in fact getting soon but till now there is still people around me telling me that the maintance for this car is really too high. In term of spare parts and it has alot of electrical problem. If something goes wrong it will link to other parts and these thing will keep going on and on. Other than that I was told that the gear box will face big problem once after 100,000 KM. Here i would like to find out from the owner rather than from hear say hear say..thanks in advance

I own a 320 E46 myself and so far no problems other then radio shorting for some reason. Other then that I just love the sound of the engine though I try not to rev it all the time. :thumbsup:

U mean sometime radio nt working? Aiya mayb like my case those ppl at PML did nt tighten the connection at the battery in the boot tats y! Jus chk it n tighten if neccessary......

Like to check how is the maint. like. In term of fuel consumption, road tax, servicing cost and parts? As for the insurance if i have 50% NCD 28 yrs old rounghy how much will i get? So to ask so much, i would like to do some planning before buying it don't to suffer after that...thanks in advance

Re: Finding out more on BMW

NickyPower said:
Always wanted to get a 320, in fact getting soon but till now there is still people around me telling me that the maintance for this car is really too high. In term of spare parts and it has alot of electrical problem. If something goes wrong it will link to other parts and these thing will keep going on and on. Other than that I was told that the gear box will face big problem once after 100,000 KM. Here i would like to find out from the owner rather than from head say hear say..thanks in advance

There is some truth in what has been told to you. My previous ride, a E46 ran like a darling from the day I took delivery of it till the time I sold it off after 4 years. Maintenance was "expensive" but when you consider the fact that the service intervals (i.e. approx 22,000km) were substantially further apart than say a Toyota which needs attention every 5,000km (I stand corrected if I got it wrong), it pretty works out the same, well, maybe not, but I guess there's a price to pay when driving a premium car.

The 100,000km threshold was perhaps the reason why I decided to part with my ride. Judging from the experiences of friends and relatives, that's the time when the radiator and air conditioning sub-systems start to yell out for attention, each costing upwards of S$1.5k to fix and/or replace.

Agreed that maintaining a BMW is slightly more expensive than a Japanese car but the experience you get when driving one, to me, makes the extra expense all worth while! Anyway, if you take care of the car, it will take care of you...

Anyway, if you take care of the car, it will take care of you...

I beg to differ on this based on my personal experience but we shall not discuss it here.... :verysad:

First you must get down to the cause... :p

honda power! :thumbsup:

MRacer77 said:
MW said:
Anyway, if you take care of the car, it will take care of you...

I beg to differ on this based on my personal experience but we shall not discuss it here.... :verysad:

MW: Sorry you feel that way...

The beater corolla im driving most of the time now is seeing 240,000k hahaha ..but the engine has been changed once. :errmm: :errmm: :errmm:

piggyboyz said:
My buddy's E36 320 sees 200k when he sold it without problem, and he don drive like a ku niang, redline the car prob every hour hahaha... :thumbsup:

Just think why most of the >10 years car are Continental...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88living

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back